Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram (35457 Views)

Osama Couldn't Identify Senator Dino Melaye / Rumoured Arrest Of Boko Haram’s S‎hekau At UN House Attempt To Destabilise Borno / Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by henryanna36: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2017
Meet 12-year-old boy Ibrahim Bukar who is a shoe shiner and wanted to go to school but his father discouraged him from going to school because he can't afford to take the boy to school. Their house is in London Chiki.The father is a trader around Custom area who sells beans and millet.

His father said before Boko Haram insurgency became worst he had sent the boy to Almajiri school in Dikwa but when Boko Haram took over the place, the boy escaped and came back to Maiduguri.

At the age of twelve,the boy is trying his best to earn a living. With his courage, if given the chance he may be very useful to the society. The problem now is, at the age of twelve he has never been to even primary one.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/meet-12-year-old-boy-in-northern.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by henryanna36: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2017

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Nogodye(m): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2017
Definition of Hustling...God bless the work of his hand.

14 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by ipobarecriminals: 9:28am On Feb 18, 2017
sad He is neat.He can't steal/become Almajiri miscreants. May favor smile on him

36 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Jafar1: 9:30am On Feb 18, 2017
God bless our hussle

14 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by doublewisdom: 9:33am On Feb 18, 2017
Abegi! Before Boko Haram how many children in the north were going to school?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by inourcare: 9:45am On Feb 18, 2017
Warming
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by DoyenExchange: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2017
He has already 'graduated'....
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by DozieInc(m): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2017
The few amongst them that wants to go to school are been frustrated.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by juman(m): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2017
While children of buhari and other northern elites are in schools abroad.

10 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Jabioro: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2017
That is effect of peace in adverse way.. killed many, wounds many, turn the city to desolate, widow, and widowers just of one foreign religion.. I wish him the best.. he can still make it...
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by GossipHeart(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2017

He didn't wanna go to school because of Boko haram ??

Really ??

Name 3 Northerners you went to school with, I'm waiting

The truant is even eating rice and stew, i don't know they eat rice and stew in the North

8 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Nixiepie(f): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2017
Is a lucrative job

Hian op is shoe shiner not show shiner

3 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Jeffrey12(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2017
ok
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by bonechamberlain(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2017
God help northern Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Judolisco(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2017
God will repay people Dat r behind dis Boko Haram menace

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by abbaapple: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2017
Dis Tory rilly toched me. so sad!

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Jeffrey12(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2017
northerners first like school...
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by BrutalJab: 11:48am On Feb 18, 2017
Na ur Elites/Leaders put una for this condition.

Because they want to rule.

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Firefire(m): 11:49am On Feb 18, 2017
This is their known Profession since 1914, before Boko Haram creation...

Order of their profession...

1. Cattle / wondering (First Class job)

2. Almajiri

3. Mai-Tea

4. Mai-Suya

5. Shoe shiner 'So'Bata'

Recently, after the creation of terrorism in the zone by their political elites, we now have:

a. Boko Haram

b. Suicide Bombers

c. Bomb makers

Add your own.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by johnstar(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2017
Ops, na 2 diff abokisss dey?

D once wey dey lag dey shine shoe na afoki?

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by noziz(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2017
the northerners no dey worry. na simple life them dey live cool

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by abbaapple: 11:51am On Feb 18, 2017
GossipHeart:

Really ??

all ur comments on NR shows how frustrated you re, cammon respect ur old age young man. Mttscheew

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by HAH: 11:51am On Feb 18, 2017
All I see is a lazy father looking for excuse not to take his child to school, there are a lot of poorer people that take their children to school in that their London ciki behind UMTH, beside the father is a business man dealing in grains, furthermore primary school is free.

NGO' s and government of Borno officials that may read this thread should locate this boy and send him to school by force as he is still a child of 12, the boy can be doing his shoeshining as a vocation after school
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Hashimyussufamao(m): 11:52am On Feb 18, 2017
Dude God will make u great pass the combination of APC and Pdp
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by seunlly(m): 11:55am On Feb 18, 2017
The guy get Id card sef. Where we dey go for Nigeria me no know.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by danot1030: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2017
In my own reasoning, i am suspecting that this is a means deviced by Nigerians to attract sympathy and help on social media.

A situation where some parents package and snap the picture of a supposedly vulnerable kid with a pathetic story and post it online.

My opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by GossipHeart(m): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2017
abbaapple:

all ur comments on NR shows how frustrated you re, cammon respect ur old age young man. Mttscheew

Why can't you mention 3 Northerners you went to school with

3 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Nathdoug(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2017
The problem we are having in this country is the north.....
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2017
GossipHeart:

Really ??

I can give you more than 200 names of northerners who went to school with me if I had the time to waste. The fact that many don't want to go doesn't mean you can't empathize with those who want to but can't.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram by tayolak(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2017
Naija don cast

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East / Junior Pope's Wife, Jennifer, Surprises Him On Set With Ps5 On His Birthday / Tinubu’s NYSC Certificate Submitted To INEC Has Adekunle — Atiku’s Lawyer, Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.