Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,890 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! (859 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Abdulgaffar22: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
Christians believe that THE WHOLE of the Bible is divine and infallible word of God: yet Paul wrote extensively and gave judgments on the issue of marriage and divorce without being inspired by God- " But to the rest, I PAUL, NOT THE LORD, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her...... Now concerning virgins, I HAVE NO COMMANDMENT FROM THE LORD, yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy.(1st Corinthians 7:12-25) You see here how Paul is saying that he is using his best personal judgement,and that what is saying is not directly from God. Why would God “inspire” Paul to say that his words were NOT from Him? Have you now seen that Bible is a mixture of word of God and word of men? It is not stated in any verse that EVERY WORD of the Bible is word of God. In fact, the author of the book of Luke wrote as follows: “IT SEEMED GOOD TO ME also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the beginning, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus(Luke 1:3)”. We can see again that Luke wrote his Gospel not to the general humanity but to one specific influential person he addressed as "most excellent Theophilus" and also not because he was inspired by God but because it seemed good to him to write such an account due to his thought of having a sound knowledge on the matter. The only verse often used by Christians to prove that every word of the Bible is word of God is word of Paul in 2nd Timothy 3:16 which says “All scripture is given by inspiration of God”. But how can we believe that the term “All scripture” used by Paul refers to the entire Bible especially when the author of this very verse confessed that he wrote some things which were not actually inspired by God? Besides, at the time this verse was written by Paul, most of the New Testament books were yet to be penned down talk less of putting them together; therefore there is no any reason to believe that Paul has the other books of New Testament in mind when he was writing; “All scripture is given by inspiration of God". Even if we assume that this statement written by Paul refers to the entire Bible, there is still need for external evidence to prove that this very verse itself is also divinely inspired by God. The fact that a friend of yours simply told you “I AM NOT LYING" is not enough to prove that he has actually spoken the truth about the matter he was telling you. What if the statement “I AM NOT LYING” is another lie? Of course, this principle also applies to 2nd Timothy 3:16, 2nd peter 1:21 and any other verse used by Christians to claim divine origin for the entire Bible. The fact that these verses declare that the Bible writers were inspired by God and guided by the holy spirit are not enough to prove that the entire Bible is word of God because these verses themselves also require their own external evidence to prove their divinity; just like the statement “I AM NOT LYING” require its own external evidence to prove that this very statement itself is not another lie on its own. The only exception to this principle is when we have a verse COMING DIRECTLY from God's mouth. This kind of verse where God would be speaking to us directly using the first person pronouns like " I, ME,MY, WE, US etc" does not require any external evidence to establish its divine origin because God of truth would never allow a deliberate liar to impersonate Him ( Jeremiah 28:1-17, Psalm 101:7) just like a truthful man would never allow his friend-talk less of his enemy-to impersonate him. Therefore, the statements like "All scripture is given by inspiration of God (2nd Timothy 3:16)", “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they moved by the holy spirit (2nd Peter 1:21)” and the likes cannot be used to establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible because 1. The verses are not coming directly from God's mouth. 2. The verses are not specific enough for anyone to conclude that they refer exclusively to the entire Bible. However, the statements like " All scripture in this Bible is given by inspiration from Me”. These holy men were moved by My spirit to speak what is written inside this Bible” and the likes can be used to establish divine origin of all the books in the Bible because they are sufficient to prove their divine origin. However, such a direct statement which would not only come from God’s mouth but which would also establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible is nowhere to be found inside the Bible. Even the word “BIBLE” cannot be found within the Bible; talk less of a verse coming directly from God’s mouth which would establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible. Therefore, Bible still maintains its identity as being the word of God mixed together with the word of men; there are some verses which came directly from God’s mouth and yet there are some verses which came directly from men. Among those verses in the Bible which came directly from God's mouth, there is none that establish divine origin for all the books in the Bible. That is, statements like “This Bible was inspired by Me or these people were moved by My spirit to write down all the books in the Bible" are nowhere to be found inside the Bible. The reason why such a verse is important and necessary to be present in the Bible is that Bible is not a single book like Qur'an but a collection of books written by different authors at different times. Therefore, it is either each of every book in the Bible contains its own evidence for its divine origin or there is a verse uniting all the books in the Bible together as Bible and then establishing divine origin for the whole of such Bible. However, not all the books in the Bible contain such verses coming directly from God’s mouth. Again, there is no a single verse in the Bible uniting all the books in the Bible together as an entity called Bible( I:e the word “Bible” is not found inside the Bible)talk less of a direct verse from God that would establish divine origin for the whole of the Bible. This simply shows that selection and compilation of all the books in the Bible is not something commissioned by God Almighty. Therefore, the reason why Catholic Bible contains more books than the Protestant Bible is now clear to us. But does the Qur’an suffer similar problem? Certainly not! Beside the fact that Qur’an unite all its part together by making reference to its self as an entity called Qur’an (i:e the word “Qur’an” is found inside the Qur’an) in more than seventy times(in places like Qur’an 17:88, 10:37, 38:1, 47:24, 36:2, 50:1, 59:21 etc); there are also many verses coming directly from God’s mouth which establish the divine origin for the whole of the Qur’an. Examples of such verses are as follows: This is the revelation sent down from the Lord of the worlds. If he (Muhammad-pbuh) had forged some of the sayings concerning Us, We surely should have seized him by his right hand. And then We certainly should have cut off his life artery (Qur’an 69:43-46). “O children of Israel! Remember My favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41). We have not sent down the Qur’an unto you(O Muhammad-pbuh) to cause you distress. But only as a reminder to those who fear God. A revelation from Him who created the earth and the high heavens (Qur’an 20:2-3).You can see that pronouns like “Us, We, MY, I, Me” are first person pronouns which can only be referred to God contextually. Other examples of similar verses can be found in Qur’an 15:9, 12:2-3, 21:10.50, 35:31-32, 17:105-106 16:101-103, 6:92 etc. However, such direct verses which would not only come from God’s mouth but which would also establish divine origin for the WHOLE of the Bible cannot be found inside the Bible.

1 Like

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by RealLordZeus(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
improve the readability bro! spread the post into batches..... nice work tho
Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by felixomor: 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
You sha must talk about bible just to stay relevant.
How we wish u can stick with koran alone....

But no....
because koran on its own makes no sense. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by PMBfirstson(m): 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
God see what religion has done to humanity.... #teamnoreligion
Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by ObaKlaz: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
I could disparage and rubbish everything the Quran stands for in a minute by the very sordid contents in it and the filthy life of 'the last prophet' himself.grin

1 Like

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by UyiIredia(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good point. Some parts of the Bible deal with the opinions of men. Even the parts so-called as the word of God are the word of men. No evidence showing that God said it. The same applies to the Quran. It is possible the Muhammad had some mental disorder which led him to believe he was hearing from God when he wasn't. There is ample evidence of such in medicine as we know people with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder etc exhibit such traits (that is they believe they are hearing from God).
Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by psucc(m): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Op. All Scriptures are inspired by God.
Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
Abdulgaffar22:
Christians believe that THE WHOLE of the Bible is divine and infallible word of God: yet Paul wrote extensively and gave judgments on the issue of marriage and divorce without being inspired by God- " But to the rest, I PAUL, NOT THE LORD, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her...... Now concerning virgins, I HAVE NO COMMANDMENT FROM THE LORD, yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy.(1st Corinthians 7:12-25) You see here how Paul is saying that he is using his best personal judgement,and that what is saying is not directly from God. Why would God “inspire” Paul to say that his words were NOT from Him? Have you now seen that Bible is a mixture of word of God and word of men? It is not stated in any verse that EVERY WORD of the Bible is word of God. In fact, the author of the book of Luke wrote as follows: “IT SEEMED GOOD TO ME also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the beginning, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus(Luke 1:3)”. We can see again that Luke wrote his Gospel not to the general humanity but to one specific influential person he addressed as "most excellent Theophilus" and also not because he was inspired by God but because it seemed good to him to write such an account due to his thought of having a sound knowledge on the matter. The only verse often used by Christians to prove that every word of the Bible is word of God is word of Paul in 2nd Timothy 3:16 which says “All scripture is given by inspiration of God”. But how can we believe that the term “All scripture” used by Paul refers to the entire Bible especially when the author of this very verse confessed that he wrote some things which were not actually inspired by God? Besides, at the time this verse was written by Paul, most of the New Testament books were yet to be penned down talk less of putting them together; therefore there is no any reason to believe that Paul has the other books of New Testament in mind when he was writing; “All scripture is given by inspiration of God". Even if we assume that this statement written by Paul refers to the entire Bible, there is still need for external evidence to prove that this very verse itself is also divinely inspired by God. The fact that a friend of yours simply told you “I AM NOT LYING" is not enough to prove that he has actually spoken the truth about the matter he was telling you. What if the statement “I AM NOT LYING” is another lie? Of course, this principle also applies to 2nd Timothy 3:16, 2nd peter 1:21 and any other verse used by Christians to claim divine origin for the entire Bible. The fact that these verses declare that the Bible writers were inspired by God and guided by the holy spirit are not enough to prove that the entire Bible is word of God because these verses themselves also require their own external evidence to prove their divinity; just like the statement “I AM NOT LYING” require its own external evidence to prove that this very statement itself is not another lie on its own. The only exception to this principle is when we have a verse COMING DIRECTLY from God's mouth. This kind of verse where God would be speaking to us directly using the first person pronouns like " I, ME,MY, WE, US etc" does not require any external evidence to establish its divine origin because God of truth would never allow a deliberate liar to impersonate Him ( Jeremiah 28:1-17, Psalm 101:7) just like a truthful man would never allow his friend-talk less of his enemy-to impersonate him. Therefore, the statements like "All scripture is given by inspiration of God (2nd Timothy 3:16)", “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they moved by the holy spirit (2nd Peter 1:21)” and the likes cannot be used to establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible because 1. The verses are not coming directly from God's mouth. 2. The verses are not specific enough for anyone to conclude that they refer exclusively to the entire Bible. However, the statements like " All scripture in this Bible is given by inspiration from Me”. These holy men were moved by My spirit to speak what is written inside this Bible” and the likes can be used to establish divine origin of all the books in the Bible because they are sufficient to prove their divine origin. However, such a direct statement which would not only come from God’s mouth but which would also establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible is nowhere to be found inside the Bible. Even the word “BIBLE” cannot be found within the Bible; talk less of a verse coming directly from God’s mouth which would establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible. Therefore, Bible still maintains its identity as being the word of God mixed together with the word of men; there are some verses which came directly from God’s mouth and yet there are some verses which came directly from men. Among those verses in the Bible which came directly from God's mouth, there is none that establish divine origin for all the books in the Bible. That is, statements like “This Bible was inspired by Me or these people were moved by My spirit to write down all the books in the Bible" are nowhere to be found inside the Bible. The reason why such a verse is important and necessary to be present in the Bible is that Bible is not a single book like Qur'an but a collection of books written by different authors at different times. Therefore, it is either each of every book in the Bible contains its own evidence for its divine origin or there is a verse uniting all the books in the Bible together as Bible and then establishing divine origin for the whole of such Bible. However, not all the books in the Bible contain such verses coming directly from God’s mouth. Again, there is no a single verse in the Bible uniting all the books in the Bible together as an entity called Bible( I:e the word “Bible” is not found inside the Bible)talk less of a direct verse from God that would establish divine origin for the whole of the Bible. This simply shows that selection and compilation of all the books in the Bible is not something commissioned by God Almighty. Therefore, the reason why Catholic Bible contains more books than the Protestant Bible is now clear to us. But does the Qur’an suffer similar problem? Certainly not! Beside the fact that Qur’an unite all its part together by making reference to its self as an entity called Qur’an (i:e the word “Qur’an” is found inside the Qur’an) in more than seventy times(in places like Qur’an 17:88, 10:37, 38:1, 47:24, 36:2, 50:1, 59:21 etc); there are also many verses coming directly from God’s mouth which establish the divine origin for the whole of the Qur’an. Examples of such verses are as follows: This is the revelation sent down from the Lord of the worlds. If he (Muhammad-pbuh) had forged some of the sayings concerning Us, We surely should have seized him by his right hand. And then We certainly should have cut off his life artery (Qur’an 69:43-46). “O children of Israel! Remember My favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41). We have not sent down the Qur’an unto you(O Muhammad-pbuh) to cause you distress. But only as a reminder to those who fear God. A revelation from Him who created the earth and the high heavens (Qur’an 20:2-3).You can see that pronouns like “Us, We, MY, I, Me” are first person pronouns which can only be referred to God contextually. Other examples of similar verses can be found in Qur’an 15:9, 12:2-3, 21:10.50, 35:31-32, 17:105-106 16:101-103, 6:92 etc. However, such direct verses which would not only come from God’s mouth but which would also establish divine origin for the WHOLE of the Bible cannot be found inside the Bible.

The A to Z of Muhammad

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onechancearmy:

The A to Z of Muhammad

Continued

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onechancearmy:

Continued

Further..

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onechancearmy:

Further..

Still further..

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onechancearmy:

Still further..

More. ..

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onechancearmy:

More. ..

Additional. . .

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Onechancearmy:

Additional. . .

Finally..

Re: See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! by Onechancearmy(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
Abdulgaffar22:
Christians believe that THE WHOLE of the Bible is divine and infallible word of God: yet Paul wrote extensively and gave judgments on the issue of marriage and divorce without being inspired by God- " But to the rest, I PAUL, NOT THE LORD, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her...... Now concerning virgins, I HAVE NO COMMANDMENT FROM THE LORD, yet I give judgment as one whom the Lord in His mercy has made trustworthy.(1st Corinthians 7:12-25) You see here how Paul is saying that he is using his best personal judgement,and that what is saying is not directly from God. Why would God “inspire” Paul to say that his words were NOT from Him? Have you now seen that Bible is a mixture of word of God and word of men? It is not stated in any verse that EVERY WORD of the Bible is word of God. In fact, the author of the book of Luke wrote as follows: “IT SEEMED GOOD TO ME also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the beginning, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus(Luke 1:3)”. We can see again that Luke wrote his Gospel not to the general humanity but to one specific influential person he addressed as "most excellent Theophilus" and also not because he was inspired by God but because it seemed good to him to write such an account due to his thought of having a sound knowledge on the matter. The only verse often used by Christians to prove that every word of the Bible is word of God is word of Paul in 2nd Timothy 3:16 which says “All scripture is given by inspiration of God”. But how can we believe that the term “All scripture” used by Paul refers to the entire Bible especially when the author of this very verse confessed that he wrote some things which were not actually inspired by God? Besides, at the time this verse was written by Paul, most of the New Testament books were yet to be penned down talk less of putting them together; therefore there is no any reason to believe that Paul has the other books of New Testament in mind when he was writing; “All scripture is given by inspiration of God". Even if we assume that this statement written by Paul refers to the entire Bible, there is still need for external evidence to prove that this very verse itself is also divinely inspired by God. The fact that a friend of yours simply told you “I AM NOT LYING" is not enough to prove that he has actually spoken the truth about the matter he was telling you. What if the statement “I AM NOT LYING” is another lie? Of course, this principle also applies to 2nd Timothy 3:16, 2nd peter 1:21 and any other verse used by Christians to claim divine origin for the entire Bible. The fact that these verses declare that the Bible writers were inspired by God and guided by the holy spirit are not enough to prove that the entire Bible is word of God because these verses themselves also require their own external evidence to prove their divinity; just like the statement “I AM NOT LYING” require its own external evidence to prove that this very statement itself is not another lie on its own. The only exception to this principle is when we have a verse COMING DIRECTLY from God's mouth. This kind of verse where God would be speaking to us directly using the first person pronouns like " I, ME,MY, WE, US etc" does not require any external evidence to establish its divine origin because God of truth would never allow a deliberate liar to impersonate Him ( Jeremiah 28:1-17, Psalm 101:7) just like a truthful man would never allow his friend-talk less of his enemy-to impersonate him. Therefore, the statements like "All scripture is given by inspiration of God (2nd Timothy 3:16)", “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they moved by the holy spirit (2nd Peter 1:21)” and the likes cannot be used to establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible because 1. The verses are not coming directly from God's mouth. 2. The verses are not specific enough for anyone to conclude that they refer exclusively to the entire Bible. However, the statements like " All scripture in this Bible is given by inspiration from Me”. These holy men were moved by My spirit to speak what is written inside this Bible” and the likes can be used to establish divine origin of all the books in the Bible because they are sufficient to prove their divine origin. However, such a direct statement which would not only come from God’s mouth but which would also establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible is nowhere to be found inside the Bible. Even the word “BIBLE” cannot be found within the Bible; talk less of a verse coming directly from God’s mouth which would establish the divine origin for all the books in the Bible. Therefore, Bible still maintains its identity as being the word of God mixed together with the word of men; there are some verses which came directly from God’s mouth and yet there are some verses which came directly from men. Among those verses in the Bible which came directly from God's mouth, there is none that establish divine origin for all the books in the Bible. That is, statements like “This Bible was inspired by Me or these people were moved by My spirit to write down all the books in the Bible" are nowhere to be found inside the Bible. The reason why such a verse is important and necessary to be present in the Bible is that Bible is not a single book like Qur'an but a collection of books written by different authors at different times. Therefore, it is either each of every book in the Bible contains its own evidence for its divine origin or there is a verse uniting all the books in the Bible together as Bible and then establishing divine origin for the whole of such Bible. However, not all the books in the Bible contain such verses coming directly from God’s mouth. Again, there is no a single verse in the Bible uniting all the books in the Bible together as an entity called Bible( I:e the word “Bible” is not found inside the Bible)talk less of a direct verse from God that would establish divine origin for the whole of the Bible. This simply shows that selection and compilation of all the books in the Bible is not something commissioned by God Almighty. Therefore, the reason why Catholic Bible contains more books than the Protestant Bible is now clear to us. But does the Qur’an suffer similar problem? Certainly not! Beside the fact that Qur’an unite all its part together by making reference to its self as an entity called Qur’an (i:e the word “Qur’an” is found inside the Qur’an) in more than seventy times(in places like Qur’an 17:88, 10:37, 38:1, 47:24, 36:2, 50:1, 59:21 etc); there are also many verses coming directly from God’s mouth which establish the divine origin for the whole of the Qur’an. Examples of such verses are as follows: This is the revelation sent down from the Lord of the worlds. If he (Muhammad-pbuh) had forged some of the sayings concerning Us, We surely should have seized him by his right hand. And then We certainly should have cut off his life artery (Qur’an 69:43-46). “O children of Israel! Remember My favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41). We have not sent down the Qur’an unto you(O Muhammad-pbuh) to cause you distress. But only as a reminder to those who fear God. A revelation from Him who created the earth and the high heavens (Qur’an 20:2-3).You can see that pronouns like “Us, We, MY, I, Me” are first person pronouns which can only be referred to God contextually. Other examples of similar verses can be found in Qur’an 15:9, 12:2-3, 21:10.50, 35:31-32, 17:105-106 16:101-103, 6:92 etc. However, such direct verses which would not only come from God’s mouth but which would also establish divine origin for the WHOLE of the Bible cannot be found inside the Bible. RealLordZeus

Paul's writings are considered to be inspired because he does not contradict any of the fundamental teachings of Christianity, indeed he builds on the foundations and enriches our understanding of scripture

Muhammad on the other hand confessed that he had told lies in the Quran:

The messenger of Allah said:

“I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken.”

(Al-Tabari 6:111)

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Raise $55,000 To Fix Vandalised Jewish Cemetery / Buhari, There Is God O! Stop Witch-hunting Christian Leaders And Pastors! / Does Money Ritual Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.