Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly (23746 Views)

Ambode, Fayose, Argebesola And Ajimobi At Western Nigerian Governors’ Forum / Peter Obi: What Governors Earn In Nigeria Is Immoderate / See List Of Nigerian Governors And Their Ages As At 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Yarnvibes(f): 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
If you have been pondering on the exact amount state Governors in Nigeria earn at the end of every month here is a post that is going to give you just that. The salary of each state Governor in Nigeria might come as a shock to you giving the current economic situation of the country.

How Much Do State Governors Earn In Nigeria This Year 2017?

You cannot really ascertain the actual amount a state Governor in Nigeria takes home at the end of every month. There are so many benefits, and allowances which fluctuate monthly and also vary per state. Though the basic salary of all State Governors in Nigeria is the same all round the Federation.

• Nigerian Governors earn N2.2 Million Naira Monthly as Basic Salary

There are still other entitlements and allowances which states Governors in the country earn at the end of the month, quarterly and yearly. The figure can rise to as high as N5million per month.

Many Nigerians have called for a reduction in the basic salary and entitlements of State Governors in Nigeria as it is believed they are earning too much. With the current economic recession and fall in the value of the Naira it is believed that Nigerian public office holders should not be earning as much as that monthly.

As we all know not only the state governors in Nigeria earn millions monthly from the national treasury also other public office holders like Senators, Honourables of the house, president, his vice, commissioners, minsters and lots more earn huge salaries.

• The Deputy State Governor In Nigeria Earns N2.11 million Naira per month as basic salary

• State Commissioners In Nigeria Earn N1.33 million Naira monthly as basic salary

Though many have argued that it is not the salaries of the public office holders in the country that is the cause for the economic woes, some have stood with the claim that the system of government in Nigeria is to expensive and there is need for imminent restructuring.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/nigerian-governors-salary-how-much.html

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by sarrki(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
When I say Pmb is not the problem

The emperors called governors are one of the major problem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by zico530(m): 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Really?
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Vickiweezy(m): 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
Thieves angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by psucc(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
It is not easy to kill in order to become a governor or a president.
Whatever they can earned cannot buy a soap to wash off the stain.
Leave them alone.
I don tell una.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
their salaries is a token to what they steal every month

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
The ones wey them dey steal every month pass their basic pay.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by ProudArewa: 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
psucc:
It is not easy to kill in order to become a governor or a president.

Whatever they can earned cannot buy a soap to wash off the stain.

Leave them alone.

I don tell una.
get sense na

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by saintgp(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
That's to say a mere commissioner ends higher than a university don(professor)?oh quite pathetic
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by doctokwus: 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
I laff this Op.
So u think any state gov in Nigeria gives a hoot about or knows what his actual salary is?
The main "salary" is the security vote!
N5m for 4yrs unspent gives u N240m that is not even enough to buy a plot in Banana Island or Asokoro,yet they all av mansions in these places.
The least gov's security vote is N500m per month( N6b/month)to be spent (embezzled) anyway u want without questions being asked! Some of them av even upgraded to making funding of their wives/concubines offices security vote expenditures,to spread the embezzling!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by emmasege: 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
sarrki:
When I say Pmb is not the problem

The emperors called governors are one of the major problem

You would've made sense if you said "when I say PMB is not the only problem........", but as you usual, you must always defend a bad market.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by rose54321: 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
Methinks all this one na formality.

We all know there's corruption everywhere and that cannot be solved in a day, it has to be a gradual process.

This is the reason most of us are advocating for true federalism, let governors sit up and stop collecting allowance from the federal government on a monthly basis.

It's a shameful situation really, governors queuing up in Abuja for their cheque.

Why have states that are not self sustaining?? for how long will the federal nurture the states?
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Okanokan(m): 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
saintgp:
That's to say a mere commissioner ends higher than a university don(professor)?oh quite pathetic

My broda, see wahala! Even Councillors earn more than Professors, thats the reason why we are calling for wage redistribution as one of the panacea to our current economic malaise.
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Richardonald(m): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
Shoow!
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
Salary is peanut.

They get money through:
Office running cost
Security vote
Unending allowances
Unending estacodes
overbloated/non-existing contracts
Outright looting
Indirect looting in the name of funding of Spouses' and GFs' projects
3rd party looting...

Oh They are not done yet...

When they are leaving, they go with over 500% of what they usually get/loot/steal/siphon in a year, and they still get more goodies after leaving office- They call it Pension

Those that installed successors still enjoy 40% of what they get when they were in office.

SADLY, Nigerians HAIL THEM sad

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by joseph1832ng: 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
And how much do teachers, the people who teach them earn? Oh what a shame. sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by greatgod2012(f): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Salary is peanut.

They get money through:
Office running cost
Security vote
Unending allowances
Unending estacodes
overbloated/non-existing contracts
Outright looting
Indirect looting in the name of funding of Spouses' and GFs' projects
3rd party looting...

Oh They are not done yet...

When they are leaving, they go with over 500% of what they usually get/loot/steal/siphon in a year, and they still get more goodies after leaving office.

Those that installed successors still enjoy 40% of what they get when they were in office.

SADLY, Nigerians HAIL THEM sad

I just tire after reading this!

No wonder it's a "do or die" affair for them!

The worst of it all is that NIGERIANS HAIL, PRAISE AND WORSHIP THEM!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Kingsley1000(m): 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
criminals....i wish them death
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by greatgod2012(f): 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
joseph1832ng:
And how much do teachers, the people who teach them earn? Oh what a shame. sad

Very shameful and pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
greatgod2012:

I just tire after reading this!

No wonder it's a "do or die" affair for them!

The worst of it all is that NIGERIANS HAIL, PRAISE AND WORSHIP THEM!
That is Nigeria for you bro
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by joseph1832ng: 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
greatgod2012:

Very shameful and pathetic!
To see how much these politicians take home and leave the people who deserve every penny of the huge amount they take home considered as nothing in Nigeria, is enough to make a man weep.

Truly, there need to be a change.
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by greatgod2012(f): 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
joseph1832ng:
To see how much these politicians take home and leave the people who deserve every penny of the huge amount they take home considered as nothing in Nigeria, is enough to make a man weep.

Truly, there need to be a change.

Until we start seeing these rogues called politicians as our common enemies in this country, I doubt if there will be any sanity in our political sector.

Seriously, there's a need for serious revolution in Nigeria! All these our politicians need to be wiped out!
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by joseph1832ng: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
greatgod2012:

Until we start seeing these rogues called politicians as our common enemies in this country, I doubt if there will be any sanity in our political sector.

Seriously, there's a need for serious revolution in Nigeria! All these our politicians need to be wiped out!
I feel and understand what you mean. As a teacher myself, I've seen how nigerians, look down on teachers. Tell a Nigerian you're a teacher and see the way they look at you with contempt and pity.

As for the revolution, I believe it's only possible in our minds cos people like TonyeBarcanista will never let it happen.
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by joseph1832ng: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
No thanks to people like you. angry
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Musampa73(m): 7:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
I don't even know what they are doing in office that they entitled to this heavy salaries and if u ask them for pay cut they will be spitting big grammar. I have never for once heard in my entire life that governors strike because of unpaid salaries.

Ex governors are still collecting salaries not to talk of incumbent governors..

Nigeria is a laughing country.
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by PDJT: 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You realise Nigeria is a Corporation or Limited company (in some quarters)?
I.e a private company whose owners (office holders) are legally responsible for it's debts (social contracts) only to the extent of the amount of capital (nothing) they invested.
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by salawustyles(m): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
dont no about you people ooo but will definately go into politics
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by Kingsley1000(m): 8:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
we need to kill all our politicians
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by gabolz(m): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
their salaries is a token to what they stealDAILY every month
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by IDPETER: 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
They are earning this big when poor civil servants are earning peanut
Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by policy12: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Imagine how they earn and one fool whose father salary is not up to 50k will be willing to kill himself cos of ds ppu who careless about d poor.

They are bunch of legislathieves, excuthieves and Judi-sharing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Governors Salary: See How Much Nigerian Governors Earn Monthly by gebest: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
that is on paper, but on a real sense, three zeros is added, e.g instead of 2000,000 they will add more zeros to be 2000,000,000

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki ‘Under Intense Pressure’ To Step Down For Atiku / China Congratulates President Buhari On His Re-Election (Photos) / Nigeria To Address Security Issues That Led To Visa Restrictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.