Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

My Winning CV. Check It Out - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Winning CV. Check It Out (4927 Views)

Nairaland CV Thread: Tips, Advice & Strategies To Help You Write A Winning CV / At Last Npower 2018 Final Selection Lists Is Out See How To Check It Here / How To Write A Winning Cv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by amicable09(f): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
praxs:

Madam, i like your observation but one thing is the cv isnt indomie-like as you asserted. I applied for 5 jobs with diz cv in january and got an invite from two. One of the invite is even a USAID while the other is a dutch organization. I guess the HRs are zombies for going tro that and inviting.
Lol.
Oga, I'm the worst person on NL you want to misunderstand because you won't like the result cheesy.

Respect my sarcastic opinion and go with your Dutch CV. I run no Dutch company but if I ever see your CV (5 page text book), I will not tell you what I'll do with it.

It's better imagined than said.
P.S: Take a break, sit alone and watch TV commercials. Pay particular attention to 'Bam Bam lala'.

1 Like

Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by praxs(m): 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
amicable09:

Lol.
Oga, I'm the worst person on NL you want to misunderstand because you won't like the result cheesy.

Respect my sarcastic opinion and go with your Dutch CV. I run no Dutch company but if I ever see your CV (5 page text book), I will not tell you what I'll do with it.

It's better imagined than said.
P.S: Take a break, sit alone and watch TV commercials. Pay particular attention to 'Bam Bam lala'.
Who said you run a Dutch company?
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by MistaBabz: 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
Shey ur winning CV don give u job? Guy recruiters will rule you out sharply because this is not a CV it's a report or proposal I guess. A CV should be short & concise at most 2 pages. Anything beyond that is something else
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by joseph1832ng: 8:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
kaboninc:

Connection is like having a First Class...

Both can take to the door and in some cases cross the door..

But neither of them can keep you in the job or sustain the job...
Then the question is: what keeps you in the job or what sustain the job?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by joseph1832ng: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
praxs:

I got diz invites without connection or anytin of that. Connection will get u mostly the Govt jobs. Exp, skills and ur ability will get u private or Non-govtmental job.
My 2 cent
Believe me when I tell you government jobs is most times, better than this private jobs.

Private jobs are usually a one man business venture, and some if not most of them have shown to be first class assholes who owe salaries and still insult you.

It pays to have connection, skill and intelligence, they open doors. I've seen it work countless times.
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by praxs(m): 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
MistaBabz:
Shey ur winning CV don give u job? Guy recruiters will rule you out sharply because this is not a CV it's a report or proposal I guess. A CV should be short & concise at most 2 pages. Anything beyond that is something else
Thats not true. Your cv gets you an interview, your IQ gets you the job.
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
praxs:

I got diz invites without connection or anytin of that. Connection will get u mostly the Govt jobs. Exp, skills and ur ability will get u private or Non-govtmental job.
My 2 cent

Bros.. CONNECTION IS ALL THAT MATTERS whether from God or Man

I work in a private company with government interests.

I was one of the very first employees when the company was formed from scratch and it was by chance i happened to pass by the company to drop a flyer and discuss possible partnership. The logistics manager asked if i could help look for a cleaning compaany and a security company and negotiate a contract since it was also on out flyer as one of our services. I did and today I probably make more than some Bank Branch Managers with better allowances and perks.

But since then I have seen introduction letters from Senators, Ministers and other big shots requesting job positions (specific job positions) for their wards and girl-friends to work at our company. guess what!? they get hired and earned far more than where they were coming from. I have seen some introductee start as Analyst and is now Vice-President in 4 years with paid children school fees, Serviced housing, 3 paid trips (family inclusive) BUPA Health Insurance, Expensive official cars etc.

Far more people get and keep their jobs based on the connections they have -- if the connection goes, they usually have a place for them in their new place of work
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by praxs(m): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
joseph1832ng:
Believe me when I tell you government jobs is most times, better than this private jobs.

Private jobs are usually a one man business venture, and some if not most of them have shown to be first class assholes who owe salaries and still insult you.

It pays to have connection, skill and intelligence, they open doors. I've seen it work countless times.
I aint arguing on that. But when the govt job isnt coming, u wil hv to look at alternative. And thats where a good cv comes into play
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by praxs(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

Bros.. CONNECTION IS ALL THAT MATTERS whether from God or Man

I work in a private company with government interests.

I was one of the very first employees when the company was formed from scratch and it was by chance i happened to pass by the company to drop a flyer and discuss possible partnership. The logistics manager asked if i could help look for a cleaning compaany and a security company and negotiate a contract since it was also on out flyer as one of our services. I did and today I probably make more than some Bank Branch Managers with better allowances and perks.

But since then I have seen introduction letters from Senators, Ministers and other big shots requesting job positions (specific job positions) for their wards and girl-friends to work at our company. guess what!? they get hired and earned far more than where they were coming from. I have seen some introductee start as Analyst and is now Vice-President in 4 years with paid children school fees, Serviced housing, 3 paid trips (family inclusive) BUPA Health Insurance, Expensive official cars etc.

Far more people get and keep their jobs based on the connections they have -- if the connection goes, they usually have a place for them in their new place of work
Your company has political influences even doe its a private one. Understand that not all privatecompanies are like yours while some many are stil exactly like yours. Coonection is very very much important in this country, dont get me wrung on that, but there are some NGOs and private coys that aint influenced
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by napoleon77(m): 12:08am On Feb 20, 2017
joseph1832ng:

Is most times??

So Shell, MTN, Nigeria Breweries, BAT, Mobil, Guinness, Standard Chartered Bank etc are one man business ventures and 1st class assholes that owe salaries? Do you know how many months salaries are being owed by many state and federal government institutions and ministries?
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by joseph1832ng: 12:45am On Feb 20, 2017
napoleon77:

Is most times??

So Shell, MTN, Nigeria Breweries, BAT, Mobil, Guinness, Standard Chartered Bank etc are one man business ventures and 1st class assholes that owe salaries? Do you know how many months salaries are being owed by many state and federal government institutions and ministries?
Well name the states that owe and compare them to the companies (one man business) that owe their workers salaries.

The companies you mentioned aren't owned by a single individual, hope you know this?
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by napoleon77(m): 5:10am On Feb 20, 2017
joseph1832ng:
Well name the states that owe and compare them to the companies (one man business) that owe their workers salaries.

The companies you mentioned aren't owned by a single individual, hope you know this?

joseph1832ng:

My point is that your claim that private firms are usually one man business ventures that owe salaries isn't true. I have listed some major private businesses that are not one man business ventures
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by Chriso2: 6:08am On Feb 20, 2017
this is résumé & not CV, its too Long
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by Juicypot247(f): 8:39am On Feb 20, 2017
Reduce it to 1-2 pages, Callibri 12 is cool,remove the NYSC and other duplicating job summary. You might also need to get a second eye to help you filter any error.

Don't send out one CV for various roles, these days, the job description determines the content and structure of the CV.

Best of luck.
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by joseph1832ng: 8:59am On Feb 20, 2017
napoleon77:

My point is that your claim that private firms are usually one man business ventures that owe salaries isn't true. I have listed some major private businesses that are not one man business ventures
I'm sure you understood what I meant with the emboldened. MTN, SHELL and the likes can't be compared to private businesses like something with the name of Toby and Sons Nigeria Limited.

Those companies are what I had in mind when I made that post. Not MTN etc...
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by praxs(m): 10:22am On Feb 20, 2017
Juicypot247:
Reduce it to 1-2 pages, Callibri 12 is cool,remove the NYSC and other duplicating job summary. You might also need to get a second eye to help you filter any error.

Don't send out one CV for various roles, these days, the job description determines the content and structure of the CV.

Best of luck.
I do reduce it to 3 pages depending on the job am applying to. I wipe every unnecessary job description if it doesnt relate it to what am applying. Thanx for that
Re: My Winning CV. Check It Out by odaniel1(m): 10:53am On Feb 20, 2017
amicable09:

I totally disagree!
I have seen connection fail time and time again. In fact, I spent a considerable time after church service today discussing with a friend in church who is out of job.

Her parents are very influential. She studied abroad and has a master's degree but she couldn't keep a job.

Connection is like a beautiful face on a woman. It will fetch you suitors and may even get you a marriage partner but won't guarantee you a lasting marriage that is successful.

If she studied abroad and still doesn't have a job. Dearie, she does not have connection. Simple! (Her parent's influence nt enof)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancies For You! / Action Aid Interview - What's Their Pay Structure Like? / Is It True If You Have 100m In Your Account,you Can Easily Tell Bank To Employ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.