Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

>> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? (4813 Views)

Call To Bar 2020 In The Name Of Freedom Of Religion (photos) / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming / This Post Made Me Have A Deep Thought About Religion [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

>> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please, I am not trying to bring up a religious argument but I need someone to convince me or us with facts between the first and second photos below.
Please can someone tell me/us the difference between these two religion below!

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
the second photo

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please I need answers!
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by AK6464(m): 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Tricky
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
@ first pics, I think its the American Indians worshipping their ancestors while the second pics are beautiful humble children HONOURING the blessed virgin Mary and asking her to interceed for them.

Queen of peace - pray for us.

As for those quoting me, the op asked a question and I answered according to my belief so plix stop quoting me and answer his question.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
No difference at all. Those who worship idols too do not actually believe they are god's! They believe they can intercede for them from God.
So the idol worshippers pray to idol or Mary to help them ask God to grant their request!

4 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
victorious001:
@ first pics, I think its the American Indians worshipping their ancestors while the second pics are beautiful humble children HONOURING the blessed virgin Mary and asking her to interceed for them.

Catholics.. Only God Himself can open your eyes. Glorifying Mary for no Reason even when the new testament was Principally about Jesus christ. Jesus is the prince of peace..so I wonder who titled Mary queen of peace. John 14:6 will always be the answer. Mary can not Save you, neither can she pray for you.
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Einl(m): 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
Op...this is your qoute.

" I am not trying to bring up a religious argument ..."

One is Christian and the other looks like a indigenous traditional religion from Central or South America.

So your point is...??

2 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
victorious001:

Mary didn't die a virgin. That thing there is not mary... it is MAN MADE.
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Splinz(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
victorious001:

What makes you think those in the first pic are worshiping their ancestors and not honoring them just like those in the second pic

2 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
OP what is your point or where are driving at? I know your type, come out in full and say what is in your mind. the status of the image in the first picture is not known to the worshippers, but the identity of the second is known to the whole world, even to you the OP. if you and your like can fall to the feet of president's wife, calling her names and praising her personality, what more to the woman in the second picture which you know.

3 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Mary didn't die a virgin. That thing there is not mary... it is MAN MADE.
I am sure you are the one that slept with her after the birth of Jesus, if not how do you know. because the Bible was silent about having other children.

2 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
I am sure you are the one that slept with her after the birth of Jesus, if not how do you know. because the Bible was silent about having other children.
Sorry sir, maybe you need to study your bible more. Mary had other children. Are you even saying after Jesus's birth, that Joseph didn't copulate with mary? chai

p.s nl why are you even censoring a normal word like co.pulate to reproduce??

5 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Catholics.. Only God Himself can open your eyes. Glorifying Mary for no Reason even when the new testament was Principally about Jesus christ. Jesus is the prince of peace..so I wonder who titled Mary queen of peace. John 14:6 will always be the answer. Mary can not Save you, neither can she pray for you.
Luke 1:46-55 46 And Mary said: “My soul glorifies
the Lord 47 and my spirit rejoices in
God my Savior, 48 for he has been
mindful of the humble state of his
servant. From now on all generations will
call me blessed.
my dear don't say what you are not sure of. know body is worshipping Mary, rather they are just respecting and honoring her. it is not easy to give birth to Mr president not to talk of being mother of God

2 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
call me blessed.
my dear don't say what you are not sure of. know body is worshipping Mary, rather they are just respecting and honoring her. it is not easy to give birth to Mr president not to talk of being mother of God
Yes. mary was blessed, highly favoured amongst women. Then that's just about it. I respect moses, david, deborah for their qualities which God must have seen in them, to make them worthy Vessels. But I can't understand, aren't you suppose to honour Jesus Himself? the one who paid the ultimate price, who is sitted on the Right hand of God? Is mary part of the trinity? should she share in the Glory of our Creator?

1 Like

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by ifex370(m): 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Not 1 single difference
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Sorry sir, maybe you need to study your bible more. Mary had other children. Are you even saying after Jesus's birth, that Joseph didn't copulate with mary? chai
show me were it is in the Bible or history that Jesus have other siblings from Mary. ask yourself if Jesus has siblings like you said why did He ask John to take of Mary: John
19:26-27
" Near the cross
of Jesus stood his
mother, his
mother's sister,
Mary the wife of
Clopas, and Mary
Magdalene.
When Jesus saw
his mother there,
and the disciple
whom he loved
standing nearby, he
said to his mother,
'Dear woman, here
is your son,' and
to the disciple,
'Here is your
mother.' From that
time on, this
disciple took her
into his
home."

1 Like

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Yes. mary was blessed, highly favoured amongst women. Then that's just about it. I respect moses, david, deborah for their qualities which God must have seen in them, to make them worthy Vessels. But I can't understand, aren't you suppose to honour Jesus Himself? the one who paid the ultimate price, who is sitted on the Right hand of God? Is mary part of the trinity? should she share in the Glory of our Creator?
you don't have to honor Him alone but worship Him, Philippians 2:9-11 King James Version
(KJV)
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted
him, and given him a name which is above
every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee
should bow, of things in heaven, and things
in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God
the Father. that is a level higher than Mary which her hand can not get to
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
show me were it is in the Bible or history that Jesus have other siblings from Mary. ask yourself if Jesus has siblings like you said why did He ask John to take of Mary: John
19:26-27
" Near the cross
of Jesus stood his
mother, his
mother's sister,
Mary the wife of
Clopas, and Mary
Magdalene.
When Jesus saw
his mother there,
and the disciple
whom he loved
standing nearby, he
said to his mother,
'Dear woman, here
is your son,' and
to the disciple,
'Here is your
mother.' From that
time on, this
disciple took her
into his
home."
bro I don't understand you oh. you no get bible?? basic knowledge Jesus had siblings. Mark 3:31 is one example, I can't remember the other verses, but Jesus's siblings became disciples after his Death. Jesus loved apostle John and that was a form of consolation for mary, e.g john was to assume the position of Jesus in the mother-son roles.
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
you don't have to honor Him alone but worship Him, Philippians 2:9-11 King James Version
(KJV)
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted
him, and given him a name which is above
every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee
should bow, of things in heaven, and things
in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God
the Father. that is a level higher than Mary which her hand can not get to
But on what biblical basis do you honour her, even to the point of making a graven image on her behalf? you don't just honour her, you lots pray to her which, I think is worship which is reserved for God alone. Moulding an image or idol destroys whatever form of honour you talk about, it is totally contrary to one of the 10commandments.
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
bro I don't understand you oh. you no get bible?? basic knowledge Jesus had siblings. Mark 3:31 is one example, I can't remember the other verses, but Jesus's siblings became disciples after his Death. Jesus loved apostle John and that was a form of consolation for mary, e.g john was to assume the position of Jesus in the mother-son roles.
ask yourself if Jesus have siblings will it be right for Him to will mother of other children to someone else without resistance. oh you think is just easy to give out once mother like that. why did the people not mention the name of the said sisters. who are your cousin to you? may be strangers, friends or even neighbors
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
ask yourself if Jesus have siblings will it be right for Him to will mother of other children to someone else without resistance. oh you think is just easy to give out once mother like that. why did the people not mention the name of the said sisters. who are your cousin to you? may be strangers, friends or even neighbors
at this point I have to move on. if you still don't know Jesus had siblings then it's a problem. The bible is clear on these matters. What you make of it is up to you. John 14:6 is clear enough, exodus 20:4-5 is clear enough.

1 Like

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
But on what biblical basis do you honour her, even to the point of making a graven image on her behalf? you don't just honour her, you lots pray to her which, I think is worship which is reserved for God alone. Moulding an image or idol destroys whatever form of honour you talk about, it is totally contrary to one of the 10commandments.
what of this part in the Bible Exodus 25:17-22, And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure
gold: two cubits and a half shall be the
length thereof, and a cubit and a half the
breadth thereof.
And thou shalt make two cherubims of
gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them,
in the two ends of the mercy seat.
And make one cherub on the one end,
and the other cherub on the other end: even
of the mercy seat shall ye make the
cherubims on the two ends thereof.
And the cherubims shall stretch forth
their wings on high, covering the mercy seat
with their wings, and their faces shall look
one to another; toward the mercy seat shall
the faces of the cherubims be.
And thou shalt put the mercy seat above
upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put
the testimony that I shall give thee.
And there I will meet with thee, and I will
commune with thee from above the mercy
seat, from between the two cherubims
which are upon the ark of the testimony, of
all things which I will give thee in
commandment unto the children of Israel. the image is who's person, is it a know figure or not, secondly do they worship the person know, rather honoring and remembering her as the mother of our saviour period
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
at this point I have to move on. if you still don't know Jesus had siblings then it's a problem. The bible is clear on these matters. What you make of it is up to you. John 14:6 is clear enough, exodus 20:4-5 is clear enough.
OK let us analyst the siblings of Jesus and kn ow who they are one after the other. Mark 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary,
the brother of James, and Joses, and of
Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters
here with us? And they were offended at
him. let's go to Matthew 27, Among
which was Mary Magdalene, and
Mary the mother of James and
Joses, and the mother of
Zebedee's children. ask any question if u are confuse
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
No difference at all. Those who worship idols too do not actually believe they are god's! They believe they can intercede for them from God.
So the idol worshippers pray to idol or Mary to help them ask God to grant their request!
Well spoken!
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:

jesus Had siblings o... Mr man stop disgracing urself...

Question: "Did Jesus have brothers and sisters (siblings)?"
Answer: Jesus’ brothers are mentioned in several Bible verses. Matthew 12:46 , Luke 8:19 , and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas ( Matthew 13:55 ). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56 ). In John 7:1-10 , His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind. In Acts 1:14 , His brothers and mother are described as praying with the disciples. Galatians 1:19 mentions that James was Jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.
Some Roman Catholics claim that these “brothers” were actually Jesus’ cousins. However, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used. While the word can refer to other relatives, its normal and literal meaning is a physical brother. There was a Greek word for “cousin,” and it was not used. Further, if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother? There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.
A second Roman Catholic argument is that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage. An entire theory of Joseph's being significantly older than Mary, having been previously married, having multiple children, and then being widowed before marrying Mary is invented without any biblical basis. The problem with this is that the Bible does not even hint that Joseph was married or had children before he married Mary. If Joseph had at least six children before he married Mary, why are they not mentioned in Joseph and Mary’s trip to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7 ) or their trip to Egypt ( Matthew 2:13-15 ) or their trip back to Nazareth ( Matthew 2:20-23 )?
There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical: “But he (Joseph) had no union with her (Mary) until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus” (Matthew 1:25 ). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
joshysmartie:

jesus Had siblings o... Mr man stop disgracing urself...

Question: "Did Jesus have brothers and sisters (siblings)?"
Answer: Jesus’ brothers are mentioned in several Bible verses. Matthew 12:46 , Luke 8:19 , and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas ( Matthew 13:55 ). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56 ). In John 7:1-10 , His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind. In Acts 1:14 , His brothers and mother are described as praying with the disciples. Galatians 1:19 mentions that James was Jesus’ brother. The most natural conclusion of these passages is to interpret that Jesus had actual blood half-siblings.
Some Roman Catholics claim that these “brothers” were actually Jesus’ cousins. However, in each instance, the specific Greek word for “brother” is used. While the word can refer to other relatives, its normal and literal meaning is a physical brother. There was a Greek word for “cousin,” and it was not used. Further, if they were Jesus’ cousins, why would they so often be described as being with Mary, Jesus’ mother? There is nothing in the context of His mother and brothers coming to see Him that even hints that they were anyone other than His literal, blood-related, half-brothers.
A second Roman Catholic argument is that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage. An entire theory of Joseph's being significantly older than Mary, having been previously married, having multiple children, and then being widowed before marrying Mary is invented without any biblical basis. The problem with this is that the Bible does not even hint that Joseph was married or had children before he married Mary. If Joseph had at least six children before he married Mary, why are they not mentioned in Joseph and Mary’s trip to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7 ) or their trip to Egypt ( Matthew 2:13-15 ) or their trip back to Nazareth ( Matthew 2:20-23 )?
There is no biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical: “But he (Joseph) had no union with her (Mary) until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus” (Matthew 1:25 ). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.
Matthew 27: 56 Among
Joses, and the mother of
Zebedee's children. lecture me on these names mention. do the Jews have the word cousin? brother do your research very well. the Bible is your friend read it
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
Matthew 27: 56 Among
Joses, and the mother of
Zebedee's children. lecture me on these names mention. do the Jews have the word cousin? brother do your research very well. the Bible is your friend read it

like i stated above.. i dont expect you to disbelieve wat you were fed since were a kid...

thank you and goodbye except you have an important question...

1 Like

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Splinz(m): 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
OP what is your point or where are driving at? I know your type, come out in full and say what is in your mind. the status of the image in the first picture is not known to the worshippers, but the identity of the second is known to the whole world, even to you the OP. if you and your like can fall to the feet of president's wife, calling her names and praising her personality, what more to the woman in the second picture which you know.

Yes, I recognized the second pic as a very popular and giant idol.

2 Likes

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Splinz(m): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Douglaufuoma:
call me blessed.

Have you also thought of honoring Jael too, she's most blessed of women you know, much more than Mary?

“Most blessed of women be Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, most blessed of tent-dwelling women” (Judges 5:24)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Douglaufuoma(m): 9:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Splinz:

Have you also thought of honoring Jael too, she's most blessed of women you know, much more than Mary?

herself and Mary who is greater
Re: >> What Is The Difference Between These Two Religion (photos)? by Auki: 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Please I need answers!

Both are the same. Idols worship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gossip And Hypocrisy: Which Is The Hardest Sin To Avoid / Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches - Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues. / Ultimate Proof Of Our Spiritual Nature- LUCID DREAMING.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.