Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) (1596 Views)

How True Is This Scholarship? Schlumberger Undergraduate Scholarship / JAMB Registration Statistics 2019/2020, See People That Applied For Your Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 1:00am On Feb 20, 2017
Please NL, I applied for World Bank Pan scholarship Award, and I got a mail today that I have been selected, but they are requesting to scan an send an award letter and pay a token sum and other thing which I seems not to understand, the mail is as follow:

Dear ADEWUMI,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected by the World Bank to receive the 2017 Pan African Undergraduate Scholarship.

This scholarship was established to recognise registered full‐time students enrolled in Nigeria institutions and was made possible by the World Bank.

We are sure that this scholarship will support you in the completion of your educational goals.
This scholarship will be paid through a World Bank prepaid card that will be sent directly to you through your institution department from the 15th of March, 2017 with a letter indicating that it can be used for tuition fees, or books, and should be treated as a scholarship of additional funds to you, not simply to “replace” other college funds given in your financial packet.

Award Processing
The following information is required in order to process your scholarship award. The scholarship award prepaid debit card cannot be issued until this information is received by us:

* Scan and forward to us the award letter attached with this mail, with your name and signature clearly written below the address of the letter.

* Your Completed Application payment code receipt for the World Bank Prepaid Master Card which costs #1,275.00 (One thousand, two hundred & seventy five naira only. (See below on how to apply for the prepaid card if you don't have a valid prepaid Master Card powered by World Bank.)

* The telephone number of your academic adviser or parents.

* Your telephone number.

If we do not receive the requested information before February 24, 2017, the scholarship may be rescinded.

Please feel free to contact us immediately if your school plans change or you have a change of address.

Congratulations again on receiving this award and good luck with your studies.
Junaid Ahmad

Please did anybody apply here or know how I can go about it?

Or is this a scam just like UNICEF?

The due date is Feb 24th, please I need a help

Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by harrowmykel(m): 1:48am On Feb 20, 2017
scam

1 Like

Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by LarryBeryl(m): 4:53am On Feb 20, 2017
1000+ is too small to risk. Find out by doing the needful
Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by lereinter(m): 6:44am On Feb 20, 2017
haba

go to their website find their telephone no call them or send them a message through their contact us
Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by iamdurent(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2017
Big scam. Who's that idiot up there that said 1k is too small. 1k from 100 students is 100k oo.
Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by BabaPissmaker(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2017
I got the mail too. It's a scam. No scholarship body would ask for a kobo to process payment for beneficiaries. The only thing that surprised me is that with all their packaging they only asked for 1275 naira. Thunder fire all of them.
Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2017
Did you apply for the scholarship? If yes proceed with the needful, else abort mission.
Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by BestOnlineDeals(m): 11:51am On Feb 20, 2017
LarryBeryl:

1k+ is the first payment to make you committed

They will roll in other bills after they receive that 1k+ and you will be surprised how much they will eventually cart away

1 Like

Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by oluwayimika123: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
NA SCAM oooooooooooooo no body will ask u to pay kobo b4 u can be given scholarship. try 2 do d calc if d person behind scam sends d@ msg 2 about 10,000 studs and ova 5,000 of dem end up paying. som1 will just be made a millionaire while u will b like its just 1k+ and u can do away with d@
LarryBeryl:

1 Like

Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Money for what?

They have enough for the scholarship but not enough for the "processing" of the scholarship?

Scam.

Is it from a Gmail or yahoo email address? Like worldbank@gmail.com? grin

1 Like

Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by bmatty123: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dont pay any money oo its. Scam ooo.. Daz how I paid 6k 4 ONOTOSHO SCHOLARSHIP.. Till today.. Notin came out ooo
Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by Idydarling(f): 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
educated scammers
Re: Omg, Did Anybody Applied For This Scholarship Award? (photos) by adenijialiu: 6:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
pls pls pls, i need ur help.
i also applied 4 the wordbank scholarship, nd i saw in my mailbox today dat av been awarded d scholarship. nd i need to carryout some process by paying 1250 nd some other processes. nd dis should b done b4 25th of feb.

Pls is dere any help or advise on dis.

(1) (Reply)

Official SCHOLARSHIPS Thread (degree, Masters, Phd, MBA Et Al) / University Of Ibadan Replies Critics Over High Number Of First Class Graduates / Unusual Experiment That Shows How The Society Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.