Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,634 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? (24042 Views)

Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Hercules75(m): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[b] MRS OLUWAYEMI said the two is important, U now av vto choose urself which to pick 1st[/b]
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by nkb: 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ Amebo,
word don finish for your mouth?
Thank God real women are in the house grin
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by nodullme(f): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
Both are important! But if I had to choose I'd save "our" kids.

1 Like

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
nkb:

@ Amebo,
word don finish for your mouth?
Thank God real women are in the house grin

You are a psychotic lunatic grin grin grin , if your type that has been used and dumped by agberos is what you call a real woman, then i'd rather remain unreal

ode óshi

otukpo:

U really make me laugh.

I can see that u really have time on your hands.
So my saying that i will pick my kids first suggest that i don't have a husband? I guess that its same with all the pple here who have maintained the same position with me.
Or can it it be also correct to say that those that say they will choose their their kids over the husbands are childless? U see, your arguement holds no water.

And when i go defending husbands, no body will ask if am actually married. I am a very realistic person and i don't move just because others are moving. 1 out of 50 is not a good percentage and i base my assessment on the majority.

Go back and read my position on that thread u lifted that quote and see whether i was for or against husbands.

I hate to go personal on anything on the net and i can assure u, your husband cannot in any way be better than mine cos i know who am married to.

no youve got time in your hands to type all that essay

the fact that you think women dat choose their husbands over kids are not real women is where i am hitting on, if you are used to abusive marriage, or relationship, why assume every woman is in that kind of situation with you, i gave you a link of someone that doubted your marital status on some thread, which means i have been reading your replies for so long a time on this forum, to know you, you were the same person that saidon some thread a long time ago that MARRIED COUPLES SHOULD NOT BE ADDICTED TO SEX; COS IT WILL STOP THEM FROM HEARING FROM GOD

and then i come to this thread and see your replies about cheating husbands? thats all the confirmation i need that you aint married
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
otukpo:

your husband cannot in any way be better than mine cos i know who am married to.[/color]

Hahahahahahah this is the most childish line ive read on this forum

Now it is who's husband is better off? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You see why i said you are not married, you spew childishness wink
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by nkb: 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2009
!amebo no1:

You are a psychotic lunatic grin grin grin , if your type that has been used and dumped by agberos is what you call a real woman, then i'd rather remain unreal

@ Amebo,
thats why ur name is amebo, cos, u keep talking even when ur not making sense, grin
women that are used and dumped by ur agbero boyfreinds dont usually talk about kids and husbands, because they ve no place for love in their heart,

again carefully read my posts on this to know where am coming from, i will recap for amebos in the house, both are very important, but i am more attached emotionally to my kids
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
nkb:

@ Amebo,
thats why your name is amebo, cos, u keep talking even when your not making sense,  grin
women that are used and dumped by your agbero boyfreinds dont usually talk about kids and husbands, because they ve no place for love in their heart,

again carefully read my posts on this to know where am coming from, i will recap for amebos in the house, both are very important, but i am more attached emotionally to my kids

and who cares about you, you think i give an f about your post, otukpo replied me and you are here, M.a.s.t.u.r.b.a.t.i.n.g on her post? undecided even when i did not address you, you joined in the band with "amebo words don finish for your mouth reply"  if you are such an attention seeking i.d.i.o.t why dont you go meet your supposed husband and ask for some loving, or is he busy with gurls that has got a better hygiene, sense and quality than youve got? undecided

You are such an expereinced gurl to even know what emotional attachment is all about, dont even let me start with you today, now vamoose, before i treat you like the dirt you are
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by nkb: 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
Since you resorted to calling me names, i think i have to ignore you now, I dont usually comment becuase of pple like you, i will rather observe and move on, but this is a thread i love thus i ve been active right from page one, but at this point i think i should move on, from ur responses and utterances , I bet ur not half the woman i am, so i leave you now, never to dignify any of ur sensless comments with a response. byeeeeeeeee
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
nkb:

Since you resorted to calling me names, i think i have to ignore you now,  I dont usually comment becuase of pple like you, i will rather observe and move on, but this is a thread i love thus i ve been active right from page one, but at this point i think i should move on, from your responses and utterances , I bet your not half the woman i am, so i leave you now, never to dignify any of your sensless comments with a response. byeeeeeeeee

Another competition, now it is which woman is better off? why did you deep your hands in the pot of soup, when you know you cant handle it, you i.d.i.o.t, did i reply or address you, the argument is between otukpo and myself, but what did you call me indirectly? " [i]unreal [/i]woman? since i dont agree with you guys, its best you log out and get off my back, and i will give you an advice, dont go looking for trouble when you know you cant stand it

Good dont dignify my senseless comments, and you call " thank God real women are talking" a sensible comment? if so then you are the dumbest waste of womanhood i have ever come across

Now you can go, since you are a more better woman than i am , go and drag your husband from the hands of the other gurls around him

yanga dey sleep, trouble come wake am up

oshi
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by stede(m): 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
the kids are more important grin
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Saipro(m): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2009
Female dominated post. Amusing. And you'd think guys'd come out of the woodwork to protest the mere existence of the thread. Those who stick their necks out get 'em chopped off, someone succinctly said. But I'll do just that - stick my neck out.

I want you ladies to stop the catfight. These pages may conceal your identities but the "show" you've put up ain't dignifying; tells too much. You're women - embodiments of exquisiteness. Stop it.

You've as well lost focus of the thread. Let's get back on track.

I may have subject bias (I'm a husband) but do let me clear my throat

1) Without a husband, there'd be no wife; why knock it?
2) Wasn't your marriage the unifying type? You mean you'd gladly junk your identity?
3) Come to think of it, aren't those kids his (don't even let me think otherwise)
4) I'd love to see your response when he favors the kids over you
5) Unguarded responses give insight to the kind of marriage you have
6) Who're you kidding? Would it even be an issue if you were childless?
Before you challenge my bias, check the 5th point ,

@ the topic poster, why start a post which pits spouses against one another? Remember, in a burning house, it's man against man.

Lastly, this ain't sane. You really don't want your husband competing with your kids for affection.
Prove me wrong but the nature of affection between spouses is worlds apart from that between parent & child. Why compare? But those are merely personal views ,
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by factbox(f): 12:06am On Dec 15, 2009
yes ooo!the poster,otukpo,and chelsea4su, are d coolest so far because they were able to reason beyond ordinary. I AM IN TOTAL SUPPORT OF THEM, THEY MADE ALL SENSE.REFLECT.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by pureminded: 12:10am On Dec 15, 2009
The kids are more important cool
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by factbox(f): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2009
the kidzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of course.fact
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by mamagee3(f): 1:30am On Dec 15, 2009
The kids are more important. tongue
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by otukpo(f): 7:49am On Dec 15, 2009
!amebo no1

My last response to u.

i am not here to pick a cyber quarrel. It makes no sense to me. U are free to express ur opinion and i am free to express mine. U were the first person dt attacked my person directly by refering to my husband on page 1 cos my opinion is not in tune with urs.

I never knew u existed on this forum and didn't know u have been following me abt on evry thread. I don't go personal with anybody not even in real life, so ignore me. Am am not a catch for quarrels.

Not that i don't know all the words to tell u to make u swallow urs but am not the type. And for ur info, i don't need u or anybody to endorse my marital status as u make it sound.

Have a good day.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2009
you wish i was following you around otukpo dont you? grin grin grin

I started noticing you, when you reply to threads that i find interesting in a "village gurls way"

I can count 3 threads that i had so much interest in until you came there to post some balderdash undecided

I did not attack you, other people had the same opinion as you, but what got me to reply you, was you kept on insisting that men are cheats, like some gurl that has had bad experiences in her relationship

If you think men are cheats, then speak for your man

even Agaba123 was the first that attacked you, cos he said he pities the man that will end up wtih you, so why are you such a big liar, why are you accusing me of being the first person that attacked you? are you trying to play the victim here, if you are, youve got the wrong person here, cos i tell it as it is

Taa
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Theblessed(f): 12:44am On Dec 16, 2009
woletsn:

Your husband is most important b ecause if there is no husband, there can't be children and for all you know him before you have your kids.

Not really! Because, if there is no husband/wife there would still be children not necessarily from both of you but from other sources should you choose to seek elsewhere.  It all boil down to 'freedom and choice' e.g. the man can choose to marry another woman instead, or the woman can go after other men if she's not happy with you/the arrangement in the household.

Also, in this modern times, she can seek to do it alone by going for sperm donor/IVF so, you can see anything is possible these days with a 'husband or without'.  Therefore, there's no such thing as "If there's no husband, there can't be children" because. there can! cool cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by codelady(f): 12:45am On Dec 16, 2009
Interesting thread. You cannot underestimate the love a woman has for her children - you need to have kids to find this out! However, ladies NEED to understand that the HUSBAND is the one you have the COVENANT with. Next to God, he is your HEAD. This means that next to God, he is the MOST important person in your life. It is true that men are not perfect. I won't come on here making a case for the perfect man - because he simply does not exist! But guess what? Neither does the perfect lady exist. No one said the road would be easy, as a wife or mother, for any lady. But YOU made a promise to stick to your man, for BETTER or WORSE. Many do not realize the import of those words - we stick around when the going is good, but he makes a mistake and POOF! We're off! We are custodians of these kids - the family arrangement is so that kids can be brought up in an enabling environment. but who are the stars? YOU, dears, and your HUSBANDS. I haven't seen anyone say that if their kids misbehave they will leave them, hmm, yet they are NOT the ones you have a blood covenant with! Let's think about it, Imagine those kids are 25 years older than now and married with their own families, would they leave their spouse/kids for you? NO! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids, but my husband is PART OF ME. For as many husbands as have messed up, there are many wives who stood by them and forgave them (and vice versa!). They are not super human. Hillary Clinton. Can you imagine the pain and anguish she must have felt? Is she a fool for sticking to Bill? Just do your own part, ladies, leave God to judge all of us separately for our actions! (P.S. If you need inspiration, read the story of the Biblical Hosea and the harlot he married!). Cheers!
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by mamagee3(f): 1:10am On Dec 16, 2009
^^Seriously, how many years did you spend typing that? undecided
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:02am On Dec 16, 2009
codelady:

Interesting thread. You cannot underestimate the love a woman has for her children - you need to have kids to find this out! However, ladies NEED to understand that the HUSBAND is the one you have the COVENANT with. Next to God, he is your HEAD. This means that next to God, he is the MOST important person in your life. It is true that men are not perfect. I won't come on here making a case for the perfect man - because he simply does not exist! But guess what? Neither does the perfect lady exist. No one said the road would be easy, as a wife or mother, for any lady. But YOU made a promise to stick to your man, for BETTER or WORSE. Many do not realize the import of those words - we stick around when the going is good, but he makes a mistake and POOF! We're off! We are custodians of these kids - the family arrangement is so that kids can be brought up in an enabling environment. but who are the stars? YOU, dears, and your HUSBANDS. I haven't seen anyone say that if their kids misbehave they will leave them, hmm, yet they are NOT the ones you have a blood covenant with! Let's think about it, Imagine those kids are 25 years older than now and married with their own families, would they leave their spouse/kids for you? NO! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids, but my husband is PART OF ME. For as many husbands as have messed up, there are many wives who stood by them and forgave them (and vice versa!). They are not super human. Hillary Clinton. Can you imagine the pain and anguish she must have felt? Is she a fool for sticking to Bill? Just do your own part, ladies, leave God to judge all of us separately for our actions! (P.S. If you need inspiration, read the story of the Biblical Hosea and the harlot he married!). Cheers!

exactly, will those kids leave their spouses and come live with? good question
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by H2O2: 2:03am On Dec 16, 2009
That's where you go wrong. You start attaching trivial weights to the parties involved in your family.

Who's more or less important. Why can't they all be equally important

Stop it!
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 16, 2009
Amebo, tell these fake married women jor. These types irritate the sh!t out of me. Just because they are married they think they are matured enough to spill every crap that passes through their head.

And they always have the best men.

Why me sef nor dey see these kind bobos now? grin
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:11am On Dec 16, 2009
michelin89:

Amebo, tell these fake married women jor. These types irritate the sh!t out of me. Just because they are married they think they are matured enough to spill every crap that passes through their head.

And they always have the best men.

Why me sef nor dey see these kind bobos now? grin

you no dey shine ya eyes well well ,look further prince charming fit be your neighbour grin grin grin

if na so rich men full, i dey go divorce mine, find bill gate cool
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 16, 2009
!amebo no1:

you no dey shine ya eyes well well ,look further prince charming fit be your neighbour grin grin grin

if na so rich men full, i dey go divorce mine, find bill gate cool

Abeg jor. Nigerian men here are ignorant and illiterates. lipsrsealed
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:15am On Dec 16, 2009
H2O2:

That's where you go wrong. You start attaching trivial weights to the parties involved in your family.

Who's more or less important. Why can't they all be equally important

Stop it!

i know, i get your point, think the OP just wanna look for trouble, tongue both are extremely important, infact my life revolves round them, we are just weighing options and the point is, if you as a woman went to the altar with a man, calling him your better half, then you should learn to keep him on the top

kids are our future but there comes a time when they will leave their parents and start a family, if my mum tells me to leave my husband for her without a good reason, i wont, cos shes lived her life and im living mine, so why will i leave my husband for my kids?
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:16am On Dec 16, 2009
michelin89:

Abeg jor. Nigerian men here are ignorant and illiterates. lipsrsealed

i schooled in europe and i must say i agree with you, esp my fellow igbo men grin grin

"nne how naaaa" grin grin
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 16, 2009
!amebo no1:

i schooled in europe and i must say i agree with you, esp my fellow igbo men grin grin

"nne how naaaa" grin grin

Gosh they are lazy thinkers. And did you notice they are the worst mummy's boys?

My ex at his age was still saying MY MUMMY. shocked shocked shocked Even me nor dey say MY DADDY. Are you a kid?
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:21am On Dec 16, 2009
michelin89:

Gosh they are lazy thinkers. And did you notice they are the worst mummy's boys?

My ex at his age was still saying MY MUMMY. shocked shocked shocked Even me nor dey say MY DADDY. Are you a kid?

na naija him be? grin grin e get one wey see me come tell me say him go like me to take a pic so that him go show him mama to get approval for marriage, like say i promise am marriage before grin grin
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 16, 2009
!amebo no1:

na naija him be? grin grin e get one wey see me come tell me say him go like me to take a pic so that him go show him mama to get approval for marriage, like say i promise am marriage before grin grin

Bini boy to the core. I dated two bini guys and they were just something else. Bah!!!
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by amebono1: 2:27am On Dec 16, 2009
Try igbo men, they are very good in bed, you might end up with a muscle pull after action like i did yesterday tongue cool
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 16, 2009
Well to be good, the last one was and he was also impressed by my skills. He experienced a lot of things for the first time with me. wink grin

The Ishanqueen knows how to leave an imprint.

I don't mind an Igbo guy as long as he has the long tail factor. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Spending Over N11 Million On IVF Treatments / Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage / What Do I Do About My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.