Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:00 AM

The Nigerian Problem - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nigerian Problem (1031 Views)

10 African Currencies More Valuable Than The Nigerian Naira In 2018 / Morocco’s ECOWAS Ambition And The Specter Of The Nigerian Economy / I Got 100 Pounds For Designing The Nigerian Flag -taiwo Akinkunmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2017
We all claim to love our country, maybe NIGERIA, BIAFRA or others as we believe.
How come then, our actions says otherwise?
We always say 'when the head is sick, the whole body too will', but we forgetting that the head, will always stand and feed on us, whether we are sick or well.

Everyone wanna make quick money, hurting his brother and sister in the process...
Will give few examples, a bottle(75cl) of palm oil is 800 naira in my vicinity despite the price crashing from 22k to around 12k per 25 litre now. Before, small seed rice was around 15k, bt since people found out it is better and sweeter Dan d big seed rice, price has shoot up to 22k and very scarce.
So many to mention, but will stop here for now, add yours pls.
I, princetom1, will never join this nigerian madness that's being blamed on the government.

cc: peeo, EgunMogaji, GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, debanj326, dominique, Macmilla, MPVGoddess

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Problem by Peeo(f): 10:13am On Feb 20, 2017
princetom1:
We all claim to love our country, maybe NIGERIA, BIAFRA or others as we believe.
We always say 'when the head is sick, the whole body too will', but we forgetting that the head, will always stand and feed on us, whether we are sick or well.

Everyone wanna make quick money, hurting his brother and sister in the process...
Will give few examples, a bottle(75cl) of palm oil is 800 naira in my vicinity despite the price crashing from 22k to around 12k per 25 litre now. Before, small seed rice was around 15k, bt since people found out it is better and sweeter Dan d big seed rice, price has shoot up to 22k and very scarce.
I, princetom1, will never join this nigerian madness that's being blamed on the government.

cc: peeo, EgunMogaji, GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, debanj326, dominique, Macmilla, MPVGoddess

Welcome back sir. Where goesth thou?
Princetom, i feel your pain bro but the truth is who is to be blamed? Who do we hold responsible? I loaded drums of palm oil over the weekend for #6,000 per drum instead of the #4,000 the customers paid for. The drivers all said the same thing that there would be lots of settling on the way. The #2k on top is my loss abi? I couldn't call to explain the increase to the customers. I am not defending oil sellers or rice sellers, but the truth is the expenses you incure when the price increases is the same you incure when it crashes. A customer knows his/her oil is coming via AKTC but does not know how it gets to AKTC park. My brother, Wages, Transportation from the mill, money for the loaders , remains the same crash or no crash. If your profit was supposed to be #500 after all this expenses , what do you go home with?Let us all listen to the still small voice called conscience as we transact with one another.
Shikena !

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Problem by kingreign(m): 10:34am On Feb 20, 2017
princetom1:

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Problem by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 20, 2017
princetom1:

Nigeria can be great again starting tomorrow morning if we wanted it to.

But Nigerians, not Nigeria has to make that change.

I've always held this unpopular view that our differences requires leadership from a strongman. A fair, selfless, impartial person with an iron fist, preferably a military leader.

The other issue is that we are like a church mouse that is content with starving on other days but Sundays when it gets a few bits of food from parishioners.

Our push hasn't come to shove yet. I pray that it won't because it will be ugly. Unlike the Arab spring ours would be far worse and deadlier because we are far more intelligent and more resourceful than most others. (Ask me why I purposefully purchased land where I did wink )

I was at Murtala last week and I was openly asked for a bribe right under a sign asking me to report bribery attempts. When I asked the customs guy about fear of termination, he answered by asking a question, to whom do you think the money funnels up to? We are sunk.

One of my idols, Alhadji Sheik Buhari Omo Musa (I love that man die), says that certain Nigerians are already dead walking corpses, we just need to dig a hole and push them in.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Nigeria can be great again starting tomorrow morning if we wanted it to.

But Nigerians, not Nigeria has to make that change.

I've always held this unpopular view that our differences requires leadership from a strongman. A fair, selfless, impartial person with an iron fist, preferably a military leader.

The other issue is that we are like a church mouse that is content with starving on other days but Sundays when it gets a few bits of food from parishioners.

Our push hasn't come to shove yet. I pray that it won't because it will be ugly. Unlike the Arab spring ours would be far worse and deadlier because we are far more intelligent and more resourceful than most others. (Ask me why I purposefully purchased land where I did wink )

I was at Murtala last week and I was openly asked for a bribe right under a sign asking me to report bribery attempts. When I asked the customs guy about fear of termination, he answered by asking a question, to whom do you think the money funnels up to? We are sunk.

One of my idols, Alhadji Sheik Buhari Omo Musa (I love that man die), says that certain Nigerians are already dead walking corpses, we just need to big a hole and push them in.

Am jack of all trades, I had turned down a lot of lucrative deal, just bcoz my conscience won't let me rest if i do it, was sack for doing my job, was sack bcoz of protecting a female colleague. I had been on d receiving end a lot of times, but I tell u sir, It feels good when u know u are doing the right thing. Whenever u are doing it wrong or taking undue advantage, someone in ur family is bearing the consequences too.
Provision sellers are one of the most wicked in this nigeria. Not everyone can buy those food stuffs and accessories in bulk, bag and kegs, but those retailers just will fleece u for not having enough money to buy in bulk
Re: The Nigerian Problem by lavenderjade(m): 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
princetom1:

Am jack of all trades, I had turned down a lot of lucrative deal, just bcoz my conscience won't let me rest if i do it, was sack for doing my job, was sack bcoz of protecting a female colleague. I had been on d receiving end a lot of times, but I tell u sir, It feels good when u know u are doing the right thing. Whenever u are doing it wrong or taking undue advantage, someone in ur family is bearing the consequences too.
Provision sellers are one of the most wicked in this nigeria. Not everyone can buy those food stuffs and accessories in bulk, bag and kegs, but those retailers just will fleece u for not having enough money to buy in bulk

Boss here nor be right place to post my comment sha but i couldnt find reply button in xiaomi thread...
A friend has s redmi te 4 despatched since 31st of august.
Yet notin don show evee since... I don go post office thrice dey ssid no way thst they hsvent received it..
My fear is thst it might be lost already.. Our customs nor de try
Re: The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2017
lavenderjade:

Boss here nor be right place to post my comment sha but i couldnt find reply button in xiaomi thread...
A friend has s redmi te 4 despatched since 31st of august.
Yet notin don show evee since... I don go post office thrice dey ssid no way thst they hsvent received it..
My fear is thst it might be lost already.. Our customs nor de try

Sorry about that bro.... Is same thing here... So many dispatched orders from August and September early are yet to show in post offices. Pls, tell the person to exercise some patience. Let's cross our finger for during the week
Re: The Nigerian Problem by lavenderjade(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
princetom1:

Sorry about that bro.... Is same thing here... So many dispatched orders from August and September early are yet to show in post offices. Pls, tell the person to exercise some patience. Let's cross our finger for during the week

Thanks bro
Re: The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
lavenderjade:

Thanks bro

How far, some are already getting their packages o. Though no update with tracking number yet
Re: The Nigerian Problem by lavenderjade(m): 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
princetom1:

How far, some are already getting their packages o. Though no update with tracking number yet

For where no show o..
I just tire for nipost sha.
My only concern is that hope they havent tampered with people's product.
Very poor logistics
How far yours.. You dont get?

I even call Osas e say e never come
Re: The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2017
lavenderjade:

For where no show o..
I just tire for nipost sha.
My only concern is that hope they havent tampered with people's product.
Very poor logistics
How far yours.. You dont get?

I even call Osas e say e never come

My own never show too o. But u should get it this week, since people started getting theirs today
Re: The Nigerian Problem by lavenderjade(m): 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
princetom1:

My own never show too o. But u should get it this week, since people started getting theirs today

Yeah i hope so
Re: The Nigerian Problem by lavenderjade(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2017
princetom1:

Guy why i nor de fit comment for xiaomi thread again..
Its been showing unfollow instead of reply for days now. But i can comment in other threads

Re: The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 10:08am On Sep 19, 2017
lavenderjade:

Guy why i nor de fit comment for xiaomi thread again..
Its been showing unfollow instead of reply for days now. But i can comment in other threads

They must have banned u.
Go to ur profile, and scroll down, u should see the duration of the ban and why u were ban
Re: The Nigerian Problem by lavenderjade(m): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2017
princetom1:

They must have banned u.
Go to ur profile, and scroll down, u should see the duration of the ban and why u were ban

You are right.. Na wa o..
E b like na wen i de yab one tecno guy

Re: The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 11:00am On Sep 19, 2017
lavenderjade:

You are right.. Na wa o..
E b like na wen i de yab one tecno guy

Lol. That nairaland app for ur phone dey work? That palasa app
Re: The Nigerian Problem by lavenderjade(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2017
princetom1:

Lol. That nairaland app for ur phone dey work? That palasa app
Na front page notifications e de pop up den open via web browser..
Seun nor try foe the app at all
Re: The Nigerian Problem by princetom1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
lavenderjade:

Na front page notifications e de pop up den open via web browser..
Seun nor try foe the app at all

Lol... I no try am ever bt after i saw how wacky it was on Google playstore, i already knew, it was just gonna be a waste of data, i just pass by...

(1) (Reply)

Indian Man Ate 6 Years Old Boy After Raping Him (photos And Video) / PDP Governors Meet Buhari In London (see Original Photos) / Beautiful, Durable Budget Furniture With Guaranty For Your Home And Comfort.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.