Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like (1637 Views)

Spending On Girls: My Little Advice To Guys / If Your Biggest Problem Is Walking Up To A Girl(shy).. Here Is Good News For You / Why Do Ladies Avoid Panties These Days (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by HuntazWorld: 11:00am On Feb 20, 2017
One of my clients sent me a message one day and said she happened to meet a guy somewhere and she really liked the guy, the way he spoke and handled things. But she didn't have the courage to at least pickup a conversation with him because of the mentality that girls don't approach guys.

However the truth is that it is never a bad thing for ladies to work up to guys they admire. Walking up to a guy doesn't mean you have started a relationship with him or you should throw yourself all over him. You can set up a conversation with him like just meeting him and asking him for the time, maybe your watch is messing up and just give him a friendly gesture. He might want to continue the conversation with other stuffs and yes that gives you an edge not to rush but just get to know him more and see if he is someone you can really be with.

By doing this, you are not just throwing yourself at a guy but you only created an avenue for the guy to confidently start a conversation with you.

If along the line you find out he wasn't the kind of guy you thought he will be and is not ready to settle down then you can always move ahead and that doesn't make you a LovePeddler or whatever some people try to paint it when a girl approaches a guy.

It depends on how you go about it and trust me I know so many people it has really worked for.

What is your own take on this?
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by OLAJADON: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
well said
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by Backinfront(m): 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
You are being very sentimental, placing the burden on only women. The society that condemns what you are trying to encourage is made of me and you. Until we deal with our own 'demons', we have no right to tell others what to do.

How many men around you are comfortable with women making the first move? Be sincere, just very very few that's if any exists apart from you. It's easy for men to approach women because we are naturally the hunters and no one calls us cheap. So we can try our lucks severally until we get a good catch but women are not conditioned that way.

You are a man, work on yourself, step up your game and get to understand women. Don't tell women to perform your role. Do it yourself or get ignored.

There are things you can't change and this is one of them. All over the world men prefer the hunter-role because it's in our DNA. Learn and live with it.

My few cents.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by eyeofpride: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Probably because some guys lack the mental maturity to handle certain issues and may end up embarrassing /laughing /telling their friends.

But the real matured men understand and know how to handle these gestures.
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by HuntazWorld: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
From some comments above, that's why I said it depends on how the lady approaches the guy. She doesn't need to do that to declare her intention noticed. Some guys wouldn't want to approach a lady also because they don't know what to expect and a turn down scares them.

If a lady should create a very simple and neutral conversation with a guy just to get a little of his attention in a decent way, I don't see why a reasonable guy wouldn't engage her in a conversation without thinking she is an attention seeker except she does it in a very unreasonable way
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
eyeofpride:
Probably because some guys lack the mental maturity to handle certain issues and may end up embarrassing /laughing /telling their friends.

Like girls don't go about gossiping with their friends about all the boys that ever woed them.

Some even embarrass the boy like he's an evil spirit

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by ochobaba(m): 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
Walking up to a man they like is like walking up to a moving train....you get crashed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by Fernandowski(m): 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
I have been wooed by a girl before and we ended up dating
don't generalise
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by coolestofall(m): 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
HuntazWorld:
From some comments above, that's why I said it depends on how the lady approaches the guy. She doesn't need to do that to declare her intention noticed. Some guys wouldn't want to approach a lady also because they don't know what to expect and a turn down scares them.

If a lady should create a very simple and neutral conversation with a guy just to get a little of his attention in a decent way, I don't see why a reasonable guy wouldn't engage her in a conversation without thinking she is an attention seeker except she does it in a very unreasonable way
Well said. All d lady has 2 do is just create a neutral conversation.
Thumbs up dude.
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
nah not me, i dont hide my feelings, if i want you i go for you...Its no crime!
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
eyeofpride:

do not shy away from the truth
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by hopey8088(m): 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
well, for me, i have no issue with that, my current girl happens to be the one to initiate our chat, and i took it up from there, later she told me she initiated the chat cos she loves me and didnt want me to just go without noticing her.
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by sammuell(m): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Am shy type wen it com to woman,atimes i wish ladies can work to me tell dy love me
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by sammuell(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Berlynn:
nah not me, i dont hide my feelings, if i want you i go for you...Its no crime!
am seen tinwink
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by eyeofpride: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Like girls don't go about gossiping with their friends about all the boys that ever woed them.

Some even embarrass the boy like he's an evil spirit

Girls gossip about guys that woe them, it's our nature. But embarrassing the guy is a big no. It shows immaturity.
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by eyeofpride: 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
Majestee:
do not shy away from the truth
tongue

What truth?
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by HayatH(f): 4:46am On Feb 21, 2017
Most of us get scared lol. I would never do that
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 21, 2017
Cos guys always act stupid when a woman approach them to show their love, they just misbehave so we conceal it anyway.
Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 21, 2017
eyeofpride:

Girls gossip about guys that woe them, it's our nature. But embarrassing the guy is a big no. It shows immaturity.

They do embarras guys cos it's also their nature. Even if you don't, a significant percentage of girls do.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by HuntazWorld: 8:29am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
Cos guys always act stupid when a woman approach them to show their love, they just misbehave so we conceal it anyway.

That's exactly what am trying to say. Why would you want to approach a guy to show your love. Ofcourse he might not take you serious.

That is why I stated that you ladies need to just create an avenue for a conversation to start from there and leave the rest to the guy to follow you up. By know by so doing, if the guy gets attracted to you he will be the one to follow you up and not you the lady proposing love.

That's the mistake you ladies are making by not understanding the difference between just creating a decent avenue for a conversation to start and just going to show off your crush for a guy in his face.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Avoid Walking Up To Guys They Like by enomakos(m): 9:04am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
the same way ladies act stupid when we approach them

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"No Money No Sex On Val".. Ghanaian Lady Says / Avoid Dating Broke Guys And You Won’t Fall In Love Or End Up Marrying One. / Guy, What The Weird Thing That Atrracts You To A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.