Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

2019 Potential Presidents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Potential Presidents (32731 Views)

May 29 Remains Inauguration Day For Presidents – Senate / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Statues Of African Presidents Erected By Okorocha In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by doremi123(f): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
I see North Central producing the next president. I see Sir David Mark.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ameh99: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

..lmao!!..so its no longer 'sai baba buhari till 2023'??...In 2015,it was 'buhari will rull till 2023,after that Osibanjo will rull for another 8 years blablabla!!

...Funny clowns!!...you all sit down in one dingy corner making permutations in future tenses you have no control over..'Igbos will never rule,Biafra will never come,we will control the destiny of Igbos till eternity blablabla..

..Now its another set of calculations for 2019,with buhari's name missing embarassed

..Buhari himself on ascension of the throne was behaving like a demi-god with his 97% and 5% thingy,now he is lying sick while the 5% are alive and kicking and the 97% crying of hunger and starvation..

..Let the uncertainty surrounding buhari and 2019 presidency now be a lesson for you numb-skulls(apc supporters)..thats if you have any common sense undecided..Never say never is the watch-word of the wise.

young man go and sleep, you are not making sens

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
doremi123:
I see North Central producing the next president. I see Sir David Mark.
How is that possible please?
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by topsam1(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
hakyma:
The list is not complete without *Fayose*.

I beg read well....they are not discussing about the president of the prison here plz... grin
hakyma:
The list is not complete without *Fayose*.

I beg read well....they are not discussing about the president of the prison here plz...

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by fitinwell: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:
Having closely followed Nigerian politics especially 2011 and 2015 elections, I believe there are enough indications to safely predict who and who might be most likely victorious presidential candidates in 2019.
Until PMB's recent medical trip I was convinced there was no major obstacle for a PMB's second term. This I believed was simply due to the lack of a viable presidential candidate that can challenge the president at the polls.
May I remind you in 2011 that people voted mainly against GEJ due to his failures (real or perceived). Likewise in 2019 people (the majority at least) may consider voting against PMB (also against real and perceived flaws), but the deciding factor is lack of a reliable opposition figure to do to PMB what he did to GEJ .
So foreclosing the above scenario due to the president's health gives room for predicting his likely successor. Going by the president's decision to play neutral in legislature leadership elections, it's safe to say the president may decide to do the same thing in 2019 regarding APC presidential candidate.
This brings us to the top five people I'd consider most likely to succeed PMB.
Disclaimer: This is entirely my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

No candidate listed above.. is qualify to be the president of Nigeria.. The next president is coming from a New party.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
fitinwell:

No candidate listed above.. is qualify to be the president of Nigeria.. The next president is coming from a New party.
Really? can you give us a hint?
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by majorbravo: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
HOW DID THIS MAKE FRONT PAGE AND MY LIST DIDNT?

THESE ARE UNWORTHY CANDIDATES
!

CHECK MY LIST OF WORTHY CONTENDERS
https://www.nairaland.com/3596247/11-possibly-great-modern-presidents
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by nkemjacob2(m): 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
we re in trouble ooooo. leaders are been recycled....same corrupt political leaders
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by galaxy2020(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:
Continued...
4 Alhaji Atiku Abubakar
2019 might be the best time for Turaki to actualize his more than a decade old dream. His main challenge however is that he has more friends outside APC than inside. For example PMB still believes Atiku was part and parcel of the repeated mantra of 16 years PDP corruption. While he may overlook a minister or a state governor who may not have done much of the damage, Atiku especially pre-2003 was the de factor president. Therefore we all know Atiku wouldn't be the idlest candidate for PMB to support.
But due to the different vested interests in the party, Turaki could mobilize all the former PDP members in the party and we all know they are strong enough to hijack the party and nominate him as the presidential candidate. With people like Saraki, Tambuwal, Ameachi Dogara on his side, Atiku stands a very good chance against whoever Tinubu's camp will support. As I keep emphasizing, winning the primary election is the main issue.
5. SP Sen. Abubakar Bukola Saraki
Giving the Turaki situation above, the Senate president may succeed in beating Turaki to get the "PDP members in APC" caucus support. A crisis is likely to erupt and trust these cunning PDP members to exploit it like they did in the Senate president election.
Conclusion
Barring any major change like the death of the president (God forbid) or him anointing his preferred candidate outside these five (People like El-Rufai, but I believe he'd be more interested in a second term than this gamble unless the president asks him to fill in his shoes like OBJ did to Yar'Adua), I strongly believe the next president of Nigeria is up there.
Lamido of Jigawa should be in that list.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
princejonhealth:
even in our Dreams we can't vote APC again

Stop fooling yourself, Who is we? Can only one person say we?

I did not vote in 2015 but in 2015 i will vote PMB or nobody..
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Buhari till 2023..
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by gideonvalor98(m): 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
I will nominate ; osinbajo and Sanusi lamido or Sanusi and fasola. Last option Sanusi and Peter obi

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by megafone: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
Poorest concussion!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Pavarottii(m): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
Only a tested can salvage Nigeria now.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

But cos of sentiments, u guys will avoid d truth. But know that any other person will be trial and error like buhari.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by jollymizzle(m): 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
Op I can't predict the future but I think the protracted corruption trial of the Senate president effectively ruled him out. It won't be easy for the best pr team in the world to surmount the challenges the picture below would bring

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by jollymizzle(m): 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
if acting president osinbajo is able to fix the economic problem and falling Naira, then we already have a winner. He seems to have some ideas on how to solve the Niger delta issues. If he can successfully tackle the economic problems. Then it's an easy choice.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ezenaija(m): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

..lmao!!..so its no longer 'sai baba buhari till 2023'??...In 2015,it was 'buhari will rull till 2023,after that Osibanjo will rull for another 8 years blablabla!!

...Funny clowns!!...you all sit down in one dingy corner making permutations in future tenses you have no control over..'Igbos will never rule,Biafra will never come,we will control the destiny of Igbos till eternity blablabla..

..Now its another set of calculations for 2019,with buhari's name missing embarassed

..Buhari himself on ascension of the throne was behaving like a demi-god with his 97% and 5% thingy,now he is lying sick while the 5% are alive and kicking and the 97% crying of hunger and starvation..

..Let the uncertainty surrounding buhari and 2019 presidency now be a lesson for you numb-skulls(apc supporters)..thats if you have any common sense undecided..Never say never is the watch-word of the wise.

Funny when the empty brain thinks he is the wise one!

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
majorbravo:
HOW DID THIS MAKE FRONT PAGE AND MY LIST DIDNT?

THESE ARE UNWORTHY CANDIDATES
!

CHECK MY LIST OF WORTHY CONTENDERS
https://www.nairaland.com/3596247/11-possibly-great-modern-presidents
I read your thread, but unfortunately you just listed mostly celebrities you like without giving why you think they are qualified. In short the list looks ridiculous!
As far my list is not about the most qualified, but those who are likely to make giving the present circumstances and the odds at their favour.
How many people in north do you think know who Olajumoke or Linda? not mention their lack of political exposure? We would end up with a GEJ part 2 from most of those in that list.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
jollymizzle:
Op I can't predict the future but I think the protracted corruption trial of the Senate president effectively ruled him out. It won't be easy for the best pr team in the world to surmount the challenges the picture below would bring
You are right, but you shall remember Saraki and his goons have been trying to convert those corruption charges into weapons of campaign as evident by a certain people protesting on their behalf. They may use that as a relying point even within the party.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
galaxy2020:

Lamido of Jigawa should be in that list.
Lamido lacks a formidable platform to contest, at most he's gonna be a Buhari before APC.
The way PDP are going they may end up having two presidential candidates in 2019.
Bottom line no opposition can defeat APC the way things are going.
Mind you am from Jigawa.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
jollymizzle:
if acting president osinbajo is able to fix the economic problem and falling Naira, then we already have a winner. He seems to have some ideas on how to solve the Niger delta issues. If he can successfully tackle the economic problems. Then it's an easy choice.
You correct, I commend his diplomatic skills. However his main obstacle is the vested interests in the party who still consider him a mere commissioner. Tinubu himself might be interested.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by sweetheart202(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
WELL IT WILL BE A NORTHERN AFFAIR IN 2019 AGAIN BUT I STILL BELIEVE ATIKU WILL BE THE BEST MAN.........BUT AT A BETTER OPTION THE EMIR OF KANO WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.....SANUSI WILL MAKE A GOOD PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE BUT I DON'T KNOW OF A GOOD PRESIDENT...LET JUST PRAY WE ALL LIVE TO SEE 2019.....CHEERS

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by sadissbala(m): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
princejonhealth:
we actually don't need you.buhari won without your vote so another northerners will still win without your 5 % vote.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Mojoy88(m): 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
princejonhealth:

Like you are more than one. Watch as APC win in 2019.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Mojoy88(m): 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
sweetheart202:
WELL IT WILL BE A NORTHERN AFFAIR IN 2019 AGAIN BUT I STILL BELIEVE ATIKU WILL BE THE BEST MAN.........BUT AT A BETTER OPTION THE EMIR OF KANO WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.....SANUSI WILL MAKE A GOOD PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE BUT I DON'T KNOW OF A GOOD PRESIDENT...LET JUST PRAY WE ALL LIVE TO SEE 2019.....CHEERS

Atiku will never rule us. We better breakaway.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by hakyma(m): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
topsam1:

I beg read well....they are not discussing about the president of the prison here plz... grin

I beg read well....they are not discussing about the president of the prison here plz...
lol
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ukandi1(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2017
EazyMoh:

Edo and Ogun say otherwise.
U forgot to mention d most recent which is ONDO

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by martinsodo: 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
All your permutations are all wrong...The Igbos will surprise the whole by producing the Nigerian president come 2010 whether you like or not..I dont bloody care, lets watch and how it plays out but be assured that APC cant go come 2019. The Igbos too have their people even in APC. Whcihever they are ready for surprises
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by WizBLANCE(m): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
EazyMoh:

There are five people of there, Tinubu and Osinbajo are clearly southerners, Atiku and Kwankwaso are clearly northerners with Saraki in the middle. OK agreed he's a northerner it's still a 60:40 ratio how does that translate to the rubbish you are typing?
You you don't insult me they never born you well!
good in your newly made map of Nigeria the geographical region of Nigeria is only north and south? abi.... am from the East... can't find myself in your map and you expect me to sing for you?...

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
[s]
WizBLANCE:

good in your newly made map of Nigeria the geographical region of Nigeria is only north and south? abi.... am from the East... can't find myself in your map and you expect me to sing for you?...
[/s]
Keep shifting the goal post!
No easterner stands a chance in becoming a president in the near future, certainly not in 2019.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by WizBLANCE(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
EazyMoh:

Keep shifting the goal post!
No easterner stands a chance in becoming a president in the near future, certainly not in 2019.
hope you enjoy the ruling of your qualified northerners?
please let Buhari rule till Eternity...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Leading UK Banks Aided Corruption In Nigeria – Al-jazeera / Nnamdi Kanu: Adeyanju Deji Regrets All He Said About IPOB Leader - FFK / Orji Kalu's Posters Flood Katsina, Kano, Gasau, Lagos, Osun, Owerri, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.