Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

How Do I Forgive And Forget? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Forgive And Forget? (848 Views)

Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her? / Should I Forgive My Girlfriend Or Breakup With Her? Please I Need Advice / Should I Forgive Her Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Forgive And Forget? by dimexy247(m): 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hi to all Romancelanders, please I need your views/help, whatever you call it. There's this lady I've been dating for less than two years, I love her so much and she knows it. Things were fine between us (on my part sha) until sometimes last year when she called, only to tell me she cheated on me and had sex with one guy. Honestly at first, I wasn't angry or mad as it didn't strike me so hard I guess. But it later got to me and I felt so mad, angry cos I have NEVER cheated on this girl, not even with a kiss or hug with another lady just for you guys to know how much I respect, love and committed myself to her. I was very mad but she begged and condemned herself, regretting what she did. I told her I've forgiven her and I really want to but I later realised I haven't cos I still remember everything and it makes me more angry and it's very hurtful. I don't knw if I can ever forgive her, she broke my heart and betrayed my trust. I feel so betrayed. I want to call it quit but she said she may kill herself if I leave her but I can't say it's just mere talk as I've heard of people do crazier things besides, I don't want to have a conscience of someone that died cos of me. Now, I'm just confused, how do I completely forgive and forget she ever cheated me. Someone said I'm being emotionally blackmailed. When I look at her, I feel so hurt and can't just imagine she could do that to me. I don't trust her anymore and the love has obviously reduced. Please what do I do and how do I deal with this situation?

Thanks to everyone that contributed, your inputs are very much appreciated. One luv guys.
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by Epositive(m): 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
eleyi gidigan o, lemme wait for the elders in council

#positivevibes
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ok
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by SINZ: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
God forgives, I don't.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by AlexCk: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
She will kill herself if u leave?? But when she was cheating she didn't think of u abi, issoryt.

Emotional blackmail shaa
Bros, if u wanna call it quits, mehn, do wah u gotta do, if someone really loves u, dey will never cheat,
Don't let someone 'blackmail' u with the "I'll kee myself" speech. That's all bollocks

Anyways, if u stil want her back, u just gonna learn how to forgive and forget bruv

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by dingbang(m): 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
She should kill herself then....
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
If you can't deal with a partner who cheated then move on.

Is not by force, she won't kill herself and like AlexCk said, she's emotionally blackmailing you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by olac21(m): 12:30am On Feb 21, 2017
Topics similiar to this are much these days..get advice from the one you get hold of!
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by HARYORBAMZ(m): 12:35am On Feb 21, 2017
dimexy247:
Hi to all Romancelanders, please I need your views/help, whatever you call it. There's this lady I've been dating for less than two years, I love her so much and she knows it. Things were fine until sometime last year when she called me only to tell me she cheated on me and had sex with one guy. Honestly at first, I wasn't angry or mad as it didn't strike me so hard I guess. But later it got to me and I felt so mad, angry cos I have never cheated on this girl, not even with a kiss or hug with another lady just for you guys to know how much I respect, love and committed myself to her. I was very mad but she begged and condemned herself, regretting what she did. I told her I've forgiven her and I really want to but I later I haven't cos I still remember everything and it makes me more angry. I don't knw if I can ever forgive her, she broke my heart and betrayed my trust.I want to call it quit but she said she may kill herself if I leave her and I can't say it's just mere talk, besides, I don't want to have a conscience of someone that died cos of me. Now, I'm just confused, how do I completely forgive and forget she ever cheated me. When I look at her, I feel so hurt and can't just imagine she could do that to me. I don't trust her anymore and the love has obviously reduced. Pls what do I do and hw do I deal with this situation

Follow your instincts

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 21, 2017
By forgiving and forgetting
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by dimexy247(m): 2:56am On Feb 21, 2017
AlexCk:
She will kill herself if u leave?? But when she was cheating she didn't think of u abi, issoryt.

Emotional blackmail shaa
Bros, if u wanna call it quits, mehn, do wah u gotta do, if someone really loves u, dey will never cheat,
Don't let someone 'blackmail' u with the "I'll kee myself" speech. That's all bollocks

Anyways, if u stil want her back, u just gonna learn how to forgive and forget bruv

Thanks for this piece man. God bless you
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by dimexy247(m): 2:57am On Feb 21, 2017
Benita27:
If you can't deal with a partner who cheated then move on.

Is not by force, she won't kill herself and like AlexCk said, she's emotionally blackmailing you.

Thanks sis
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by HayatH(f): 4:19am On Feb 21, 2017
Most people who say they're going to kill themselves if you leave them are lying. She hurt you so why hell are u still with her? She's the one who hurt you and yet she's the one who's calling the shots? Lol she betrayed your trust, so there's only one thing you can do. Leave her. If you stick around, you'll never get healed. You can't be around toxic people. Sit her down and tell her calmly that it's over... If she threatens you, walk away. My friend has been in this situation before and it's not healthy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by krauss: 5:09am On Feb 21, 2017
SINZ:
God forgives, I don't.
in order words, retaliation is a must.
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by RGem(f): 5:14am On Feb 21, 2017
That lady self angry
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 21, 2017
People cheat for different reasons.

Did you ask her why she cheated on you?

If you know why she cheated, then you will know how to forgive her.
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by dimexy247(m): 8:28am On Feb 21, 2017
HayatH:
Most people who say they're going to kill themselves if you leave them are lying. She hurt you so why hell are u still with her? She's the one who hurt you and yet she's the one who's calling the shots? Lol she betrayed your trust, so there's only one thing you can do. Leave her. If you stick around, you'll never get healed. You can't be around toxic people. Sit her down and tell her calmly that it's over... If she threatens you, walk away. My friend has been in this situation before and it's not healthy.

Thank you so much
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by dimexy247(m): 8:35am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:

Good question you asked, first of all, I believe NO reasons and/or excuses is justifiable as to why people cheat in a relationship, which is why communication is very important in a relationship and whe I asked her why she cheated, all she said was "it's was a great mistake" which is the anthem people sings whenever they do something bad.
Thanks for ur input though.
Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by LePrezident(m): 8:58am On Feb 21, 2017
SINZ:
God forgives, I don't.

Rozay ma nigguh! You're awake bruh #ThumbsUp

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by SINZ: 9:01am On Feb 21, 2017
LePrezident:

Rozay ma nigguh! You're awake bruh #ThumbsUp
#Bawse! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive And Forget? by LePrezident(m): 9:01am On Feb 21, 2017
ToriBlue:

Errrmm, out of pure curiosity ma'am, why did you?

(1) (Reply)

She Is A Serial Weed Addict And A Drunkard / How I Got A Hard Bleep In A Long Bus Trip 18+ Story / My Wife Left Me But She Still Sleeps In My Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.