Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,074 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat (14206 Views)

Npdp Drops Defection Threat, Meets Governors, Others For Truce / 2019: Ex-generals, Governors, Ministers Regroup To Battle Buhari / Atiku's Resignation: 7 Governors, Ministers, Lawmakers To Dump APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by voiceoftheupcom: 6:44am On Feb 21, 2017
OSINBAJO MEETS GOVERNORS, MINISTERS OVER RICE, WHEAT
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/osinbajo-meets-governors-ministers-over.html

The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Monday presided over a meeting of the Presidential Task Force on Rice and Wheat as part of Federal Government’s efforts aimed at food security.

Those who attended the meeting included four state governors -Abubakar Bagudu (Kebbi); Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano); Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa) and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi).

The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun; Minister of Agricluture, Audu Ogbeh; and the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, also attended.

Bagudu later told State House correspondents that the meeting reviewed the government’s wheat programme and what can be done to increase production.

He said, “This is the meeting of Presidential Task Force on Rice and Wheat and we reviewed the wheat programme and what we can do more to support states in order to increase production of wheat.

“We also want to ensure that our farmers who have responded to the call are supported in terms of getting good price for their output in order to sustain their interests.

“We reviewed where we are with rice production. The Acting President noted with satisfaction all the efforts be different stakeholders to attain sufficiency in the shortest possible time.

“The Acting President assured the meeting that the Federal Government will continue to support the drive towards self sufficiency in food security. He said the government, of necessity, will support the farmers, the millers and other stakeholders involved in the value change‎.”

When asked to confirm the claim that Nigeria is the second largest producer of rice in the world, the governor said he did not have the data.

He however said farmers have responded and about 32 states have showed readiness to increase production.

“I think we have done very well. We have remarkable increase in the number of states that have produced wheat from the last season.

“Last season, we had about five states but today we are hearing reports from about 11 states‎ and the increase in output per state is quite significant as well.

“So we believe that with sustained trajectory that we are seeing, we will be able to achieve our self-sufficiency,” he added.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Haniel18: 6:50am On Feb 21, 2017
Osinbajo is really working o.Dats means sum people were actually covering his presence since so dat we won't feel him,anyway mr acting president send me sum cash for first to comment.

15 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Kpeshi10(m): 7:02am On Feb 21, 2017
grin ah Yemi Osinbade is working....

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 21, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Kingsley1000(m): 7:15am On Feb 21, 2017
thats superb...apc is willingly working
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by ayusco85(m): 7:51am On Feb 21, 2017
This is the president we truly deserve.

The Moses of our time.

God let your will be done grin

*I knw some Buhari zombies will come for my head* cool

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by AntiWailer: 7:52am On Feb 21, 2017
Haniel18:
Osinbajo is really working o.Dats means sum people were actually covering his presence since so dat we won't feel him,anyway mr acting president send me sum cash for first to comment.

To be fair to that guy.

He has always been very active.

Unlike Atiku and sambo

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by olaolulazio(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2017
Ride on Mr president.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by VastfinderBlog(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2017
How I wish they give those out freely.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by sunmike065(m): 7:53am On Feb 21, 2017
it is well...
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by zamani183: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2017
Nice one mr. acting presido

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by abescom: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2017
With time Nigeria will get there. Those that have ran away or that will run away will soon run back but hopefully by then they will need visa to get back to THEIR OWN country.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by emamos: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2017
Nice 1.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by myners007: 7:54am On Feb 21, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by ayusco85(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2017
VastfinderBlog:

olaolulazio:
K

sunmike065:
it is well...

Ifexxy:
ok

Association of Land owners Lagos chapter. Booking lands before development comes. Wehdone grin

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by nNEOo(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2017
Meeting meeting meeting en endless meeting no impact

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by akilo1: 7:55am On Feb 21, 2017
sir osibanjo
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2017
OK o

Check my signature for classy and affordable window blinds
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by helinues: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2017
Acting active.. Ride on sir.

I wish Mr Buhari quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 21, 2017
Indian garri. They should not forget that anomaly too
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Davidblen(m): 7:57am On Feb 21, 2017
Buhari Pls Dont Cum Bck

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Anthony0094(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2017
Land
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by tolexy007(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2017
AntiWailer:

To be fair to that guy.
He has always been very active.
Unlike Atiku and sambo

but d president were not sick den,
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by omoolorire(m): 8:00am On Feb 21, 2017
I hereby pray for our Acting President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo that Almighty God will crown your effort with new GLORY as you have decided to stand in the gap for Nigerian. Long life sir!

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by DatblackBoi(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2017
More grease to your elbow.
I hope the series of meetings comes out with positive impacts that will better the state of the economy
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by maynation(f): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2017
ayoadeabiola51:
Good morning guyz,enjoy rora video by sexywizzy,pls share to your love ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwvLptqpF6U, nigeria he go beta one day
I had to watch the video twice. Nice Video and song too. Though his stage name sounds stupid and childish. Nice one all-the-same

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Pavore9: 8:03am On Feb 21, 2017
Tazmode:
Indian garri. They should not forget that anomaly too
I read NAFDAC is now involved.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2017
The less we need to import foodstuff into this country, the better for our Naira value.

FG should make a move to ban the importation of all kinds of foodstuff including but not limited to, rice, wheat, fish, tin tomato pastes, matches, groundnut and vegetable oil, and all other forms of edible consumables with the exception of apple of course, until we can plant and produce them here.

Then they should increase the yield of our agric produce a million percent so that we can start exporting FINISHED and PACKAGED food products.

I mean, come on, the green in our flag stands for agriculture and we are importing food? Damn!

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Governors, Ministers Over Rice, Wheat by Jessestunch: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2017
See what it means to have a young vibrant president... Even though am not a fan of APC, but Osinbajo has done in few weeks what Buhari will never be able to do in 4 years... We all knew Nigeria and Nigerians never needed someone like Buhari but nepotism, politics and religion belief had the better side of Nigerians at the last election..

Please for those of you that are his fans.. Please beg him to either stay in London for ever or better still resign... Osinbajo is more than capable... In these few days in charge he has brought government closer to the people... Unlike the fulani corruption fighter that we only get to hear from whenever he is abroad from the foreign press...

Let's make Nigeria great again.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gani Adams Visits Governor Akinwunmi Ambode (Photos) / $500m Abacha Loot: Okonjo-iweala To Explain Withdrawal / Galadima Abba Itas Resigns, Dumps Party In Protest For Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.