Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Globacom Premier League Week 10 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Globacom Premier League Week 10 (2317 Views)

The Nigerian Globacom Premier League Dearth Of Goals / Globacom Premier League- 3SC vs Rangers. [0 - 0] / Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom Premier League Week 10 by aegibson(m): 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2009
Saturday December 12

12/12 Bayelsa United 1-1 Dolphins FC
12/12 Kwara United 0-0 Shooting Stars
12/12 Sharks 3-1 Lobi Stars
12/12 Gombe United 2-1 Sunshine Stars
12/12 Ranch Bees FC 2-1 Wikki Tourists

Sunday December 13 (Happy Birthday Sharrod!)

13/12 00:00 Warri Wolves 3-0 Kano Pillars
13/12 00:00 Zamfara United 1-1 Ocean Boys
13/12 00:00 Rangers International 4-0 Gateway
13/12 00:00 Niger Tornadoes 3-2 Enyimba
13/12 00:00 Heartland FC 2-0 Kaduna United
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by DisGuy: 12:23am On Dec 10, 2009
12/12   Kwara   vs   3SC

Easy game

Afonja Warriors last games WWWWD
Won four of their last five games including 2 away games

Sooting stars last five games LWLDD
3SC drew their last two home games, lost all their away games

just give us the three points jejely and take the route to ogbomosho back home!
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by FBS: 9:29am On Dec 10, 2009
Enyimba Eyin! Kicks them all.
The Peoples Elephant should roast them boys from Niger. grin
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by 8words(m): 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Kaduna no fit stand us we go show them peper on sunday.

Up Heartland
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by FBS: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2009
I understand only SuperSport show these matches, yes?
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by dominique(f): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2009
FBS:

I understand only SuperSport show these matches, yes?

yup! as far as i know embarassed embarassed cry
NTA used to show a match every sunday last season, not anymore sad
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by FBS: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2009
dominique:

yup! as far as i know embarassed embarassed cry
NTA used to show a match every sunday last season, not anymore sad
Na wa o. Wetin NTA dey show sef? cheesy
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2009
Ranch bees vs Zaduna utd live now, watching it. 0:0

Enyimba vs 3SC to come later.
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by DisGuy: 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2009
FBS:

Na wa o. Wetin NTA dey show sef? cheesy

cultural dancers from anambra state and clay makers from some village

What happened to this weekends fixtures?
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2009
i only watched ranch bees and kaduna, game ended 1 0 in favor of ranch bees
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by proudly9ja(m): 1:53am On Dec 21, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009

Globacom Premier League
Enyimba tramples Wolves, Gombe beats Lobi 2-0
By Christian Okpara

AGAINST all expectations, Enyimba of Aba yesterday went to the Oleh Township Stadium, home of Warri Wolves, and came out of the encounter with the high-riding Delta boys with all the three points at stake courtesy of a 1-0 victory.

Cletus Itodo's 89th minute goal made all the difference in the keenly contested tie. Before yesterday's game, Wolves was the toast of the league, as it went from one victory to another, with its latest victim being CAF Champions League finalist, Heartland, which it defeated 2-0 just last week. But the Peoples Elephant did not reckon with Wolves' new-found strength, which had led it to the top of the table in the 10-week-old season.

Both teams went into the game knowing that the winner would automatically become the leader of the 20-team league going into the last game of the year before the Christmas break. Perhaps, that accounted for their cautious approach to the game, with Wolves trying occasional forays into Enyimba's box.

Itodo's goal, which came just a minute to the end of the encounter, brought some urgency in Wolves' play, but it was coming too late as Enyimba held on to inflict the first home defeat on the Lawrence Akpokona team. With the victory, Enyimba now leads the table with 20 points, while Wolves drops to second position. Rangers, which beat Kano Pillars 1-0 yesterday in Enugu, is third, while Kwara United occupies the fourth position.

Meanwhile, Heartland of Owerri continued its gradual rise on the table with a 2-0 victory over Ocean Boys at the Dan Anyiam Stadium, while Ranchers Bees won the battle of Kaduna with a 1-0 win over Kaduna United. Niger Tornadoes defeated Sunshine Stars 1-0 to move up to fifth position, while Gombe United defeated Lobi Stars 2-0 to rise to 11th.

In the other matches of the weekend, Sharks beat Shooting Stars 2-0 while Kwara United lost 0-1 to Zamfara United and Gateway drew 1-1 with Dolphins of Port Harcourt at the MKO Abiola Stadium in Abeokuta.

However, Dolphin's coach, Stanley Eguma, has attributed his team's recent spate of draws to the re-building process he embarked on at the end of last season. But he has assured their fans that they would begin to see the real Dolphin after the Christmas break.

Eguma acknowledged after the club's 1-1 draw with Gateway last weekend: "We have some problems in the team that we are working on but are only too happy that we are picking up points despite these. However, we will keep working on the team and when we are through with that, our fans will get the best of us."

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article01//indexn3_html?pdate=211209&ptitle=Enyimba%20tramples%20Wolves,%20Gombe%20beats%20Lobi%202-0&cpdate=211209
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by Cappadona123: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2009
Enyimba is very gud,i can c em winning d league
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by FBS: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2009
Cappadona123:

Enyimba is very gud,i can c em winning d league
Yeah we run things. . . grin
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by rasputinn(m): 5:46am On Dec 22, 2009
FBS:

Yeah we run things. . . grin

I envy you, !
My team;Insure is nowhere to be found.Yeye chief Ekhosuekhi stole the club to his family and tried to con the Edo state government to continue financing the club,there was a logjam and Insurance was relegated,the rest is history.

So as long as an Ekhosuehi is still one of the "owners" of the club,my support will remain with Warri Wolves for now
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by ow11(m): 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2009
All those Sharks haterz!!!!

We are coming back!! Just 3 points and we are off the bottom! cool
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2009
Duh! Sharks are from the sea and to the sea they shall return grin Enyimba all the way.

Nzobu, Nzobu, Enyimba eyi! grin
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by FBS: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Duh! Sharks are from the sea and to the sea they shall return grin Enyimba all the way.

Yes oooooooooooo! grin
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by ow11(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2009
semid4lyfe:

The same Sharks Enyimba laboured to defeat despite having the crowd behind them at TBS? Sharks have vowed to drown all the teams that visit PH except of course Dolphin and Ocean Boys.

We are on a winning streak that will continue when the groundnut boys visit next week! cool
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by tkb417(m): 9:12am On Dec 23, 2009
wht on earth is wrong with GatewayFC sef?
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2009
tkb417:

wht on earth is wrong with GatewayFC sef?

They are in a wrong division, that's why, they need to return to the lower division so that Insurance of Benin can come up (the arsenal of Nigerian league)
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by dominique(f): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
honeric01:

They are in a wrong division, that's why, they need to return to the lower division so that Insurance of Benin can come up (the arsenal of Nigerian league)

not only them, 3SC too.
they'll return to their comfort zone (div. 2) soon cheesy tongue

Nzobu, Nzobu, Enyimba eyi!!!
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2009
dominique:

not only them, 3SC too.
they'll return to their comfort zone (div. 2) soon cheesy tongue

Nzobu, Nzobu, Enyimba eyi!!!

Yea, they sure will, but you forgot one thing, Enyimba is not winning this league at least for now. watch out for Heartland, Wolves, Kwara united, Ocean boys and the rest'll be a spoiler to Enyimba's hope.
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by dominique(f): 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2009
honeric01:

Yea, they sure will, but you forgot one thing, Enyimba is not winning this league at least for now. watch out for Heartland, Wolves, Kwara united, Ocean boys and the rest'll be a spoiler to Enyimba's hope.

the emboldened is the only team we're watching out for. Kwara utd is losing the steam they started with. ocean boys and warri wolves can as well fight for the available confederation cup ticket.
look at our fixtures, it easy to see the elephant will be cruising on the top of the table.

27-12-2009 Enyimba Vs Gateway FC predition 4-0

30-12-2009 Kano Pillars Vs Enyimba prediction draw

03-01-2010 Enyimba Vs Dolphins prediction 1-0

piece'a cake grin grin cheesy
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2009
dominique:

the emboldened is the only team we're watching out for. Kwara utd is losing the steam they started with. ocean boys and warri wolves can as well fight for the available confederation cup ticket.
look at our fixtures, it easy to see the elephant will be cruising on the top of the table.

27-12-2009 Enyimba Vs Gateway FC predition 4-0

30-12-2009 Kano Pillars Vs Enyimba prediction draw

03-01-2010 Enyimba Vs Dolphins prediction 1-0

piece'a cake grin grin cheesy

You are so wrong with your predictions but then it's yours. football's played on the pitch not with your fingers okay? tongue

Pillar's beating Enyimba for sure, Dolphins is pulling a draw, you might well beat gateway, but it seems you forgot that bayelsa and heartland have outstanding matches, hope you know that? i think pillar's got one too. Enyimba is leading with just 2 points and it's too early in the season to predict the winner.
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by DisGuy: 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2009
I'll tell you a secret, top northerner teams go to top South East football stadia with their B team knowing full well the results
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2009
Dis Guy:

I'll tell you a secret, top northerner teams go to top South East football stadia with their B team knowing full well the results

Tell that to those who hardly watch our league, not to me. i might not know all the players by name, but i know them facially and the games i don't get to watch live on TV, i see the highlight and i see them. so don't tell me that one, tell sagamite, not me grin grin grin
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by aswani(m): 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
Gateway don't have as much money as the teams from oil priducing states. As with any other league, the better players will move to richer teams.
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by semid4lyfe(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
There are only two clubs in Nigeria - Enyimba FC and the others. I don't know why we're even playing this league sef. The NFF should just declare us the winner of the league without playing any match sef grin grin

Make I cotinue with my chant jare - Nzobu, nzobu, Enyimba eyi, nzobu, Enyimba eyi tongue cheesy grin tongue
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by rasputinn(m): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
semid4lyfe:

There are only two clubs in Nigeria - Enyimba FC and the others.

Insurance,Oh my beloved Insure(Ekhosuehi,hope you're happy now)
Warri wolves,any consolation
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2009
rasputinn:

Insurance,Oh my beloved Insure(Ekhosuehi,hope you're happy now)
Warri wolves,any consolation

Oh, so u be insurance fan too? guy, i no fit cry, i wish and hope my beloved insurance comes back to the NPL this season.
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by ow11(m): 7:08am On Dec 31, 2009
honeric01:

Oh, so u be insurance fan too? guy, i no fit cry, i wish and hope my beloved insurance comes back to the NPL this season.

If wishes were horses. . . . . .
Re: Globacom Premier League Week 10 by honeric01(m): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2009
ow11:

If wishes were horses. . . . . .

We narrowly missed out from promotion last season, this season, we are going to be back on board better than what we were known for. (we have made stars for national duties and we won't stop making more)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Reacts As Photos Of The Houses Allocated To 1994 Super Eagles Playe / Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers / World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.