Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case (6232 Views)

BREAKING: Justice Okon Abang Totally Disregards The Nigerian Constitution. / Court Closes Olisa Metuh’s Case In His Absence / Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by itsdumebi(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja has fixed February 22, 2017 for "hearing without fail" in a money laundering charge brought against Olisa Metuh, former spokesperson of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The decision of the judge was as a result of the "passionate plea" by Tochukwu Onwugbufor, SAN, a defence counsel, who appealed for an adjournment due to absence of lead counsel for the defence, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN.

Ikpeazu had sent a letter to the trial judge notifying him of his inability to attend the sitting as he was "involved in another criminal case at the Federal Capital Territory, FCT High Court".

The said letter was brought to the attention of the court by prosecution counsel, Silvanus Tahir.

Tahir also pointed out that another letter was also sent in by Emeka Etiaba, SAN, who also requested for an adjournment on health grounds.

"I observe that the defence, particularly the first defendant and counsel representing him, are trying to turn these proceedings into a game of musical chairs," Tahir argued.

He further argued that adjournment from the earlier date was at the instance of the defence, and "the defence has exhausted its five days entitlement as stipulated in the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015".

Responding Onwugbufor, who acknowledged being in receipt of the letters, disagreed vehemently that the defence was playing games with the case.

"The allegation that we are turning this case into a musical chair is absolutely uncalled for and frivolous," he said, adding that Ikpeazu had to attend to the other case because the FCT High Court had ordered "accelerated hearing". According to him Etiaba was also absent on health grounds as he had a "malingering toothache".

Having listened to the arguments, Justice Abang, stood the case down till 1.30pm to allow Ikpeazu time to be present in court, noting that his letter superseded that of Etiaba, being the lead counsel. The trial judge however noted that the case before it preceded that of the FCT High Court, noting that Ikpeazu ought to have been present in court and sent the letter to the other court giving Metuh's case precedence.

However, by 2.05pm when the court reconvened, Ikpeazu was still not in court. Onwugbufor told the court that he had gone to the FCT High Court, but "Ikpeazu needs to cross examine a star witness at the other court and so is unable to make it here". He thus pleaded passionately for an adjournment.

The prosecution raised no further objections but left it to "the discretion of the court".
In his ruling Justice Abang said: "In view of the passionate plea at the instance of the defence I'm inclined again to exercise my discretion in favour of the defendant and I shall God willing hear the pending applications dated 24 January 2017, and 9 February 2017, on Wednesday, the 22nd day of February 2017 without fail".

Metuh is being prosecuted alongside his company, Destra Investment Limited on a seven-count charge bordering on money laundering. He is accused of allegedly receiving N400million from the Office of the National Security Adviser, under Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

http://politicsngr.com/justice-abang-adjourns-metuhs-case/

1 Like

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by friendly101: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
ok
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by emmabest2000(m): 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Since we are in court era

Let wait for bubu's return from sick leave and reopen the certificate bribe saga ...

And see what bubu will say about it ....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by AngelicBeing: 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
l am sick and tired of all this social media trials without result, l want to read of Dasuki, Metuh, Jonathan, all Pdp / Apc criminals who raped Nigeria without a condom that led to recession jailed sad

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by ijebuloaded(m): 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
The fear of Justice

1 Like

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by mgdimagaladima(m): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by donpata(m): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ordinarily, this judge should replace Metuh in custody. Unfortunately, Grand Bully, Dictator Buhari, is in charge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by shamecurls(m): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Good one!

His case and that of his likes should keep getting adjourned till 2023. He can then be sentenced after 2027
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by inourcare: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by mgdimagaladima(m): 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
Seen
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by holatin(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
tired of hearing all this money laundering case just kill offenders in the front of their families, I promise you that will deter others.

abeg help me for this matter

My dear friends please I have come again with
my wahala this afternoon.
Abeg make una help me with this matter oh: My
wife insulted me this morning that I can't make
common PAP (Akamu).
I got intimidated and made a bet, of 50k with her
that I can even do it more than her (haba, what
sef, my wife own too much).
Anyway, now I'm in the market shopping for the
ingredients to prove that I can make the best
PAP.
I have bought crayfish, pepper, tomatoes, onions,
corn, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, maggi and some
other ingredients for the akamu.
But my mind keeps telling me that I'm missing
something.
Please, make una help me, which ingredient I
never buy?
Waiting for your respective suggestions as I don't
want her to win the bet.
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by omenkaLives(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Kai. Just look how this basket mouth Metuh has been humbled like Farcrook Lawal.

This life ehn.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by Samexdx(m): 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
Chai... Nurse Metu is humble and even gentle like dove

1 Like

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by Kels84(f): 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
All these people never ready

1 Like

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by Scatterscatter(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2017
holatin:
tired of hearing all this money laundering case just kill offenders in the front of their families, I promise you that will deter others.

common PAP (Akamu).
PAP.
something.
never buy?
want her to win the bet.

You never buy sense undecided

1 Like

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
His controversies have found a new jurisdiction
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
holatin:

common PAP (Akamu).
PAP.
something.
never buy?
want her to win the bet.
that's correct. How did you know you left something out?

Well, it's "deliverance", that's the last ingredient

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by holatin(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Scatterscatter:

You never buy sense undecided
still searching for it with ur parent. Omo alaileko. useless child
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by sammyj: 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
grin angry
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by Temptee101(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
holatin:

common PAP (Akamu).
PAP.
something.
never buy?
want her to win the bet.
Yes you are right include 4.7 version of brain with 66gig memory. Thank me later
Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by ddippset(m): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
Reminds me of when metuh was tearing and chewing statements and telling the fg take me to court, take me to court, this is telemundo. Now the man don humble.

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by StOla: 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Take me to court - Olisa Metuh

Now Olisah no like court again, dey beg FG make dem let am return the N400m.

All of a sudden, the mighty Olisa Metuh has been reduced to a shy stuttering child.

As the great Justice Abang rightly opined, the lawyer ought to have applied for a reschedule at the other court, while appearing at this particular court and case.

But we know it is just part of Olisah Metuh's delay tactics. Like the law school classmate issue he brought up with another judge. All of a sudden, Olisah Metuh begin form familiarity with a judge he never cared to even associate with before, when all the time he hobnobbed with the PDP government, he was in the same Abuja as the judge.

22nd February, hearing without fail, we await what gimmick Olisah Metuh and his lawyers will pull.

2 Likes

Re: Armsgate : Justice Okon Abang Adjourns Metuh's Case by kabawa(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
See your life

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating / Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs / Pictures Of Fence Where Charles Okah Escaped Prison From In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.