Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:10 PM

WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? (883 Views)

Juventus' Paulo Dybala Named Serie A MVP For 2019/20. / Cristiano Ronaldo Named As Juventus' MVP Of The Year / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by aliondo: 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
These two are carrying their team on their backs like kilode....They both putting up mind blowing stats....Westbrook aka Mr Triple Double has been the backbone of my team since my best player (Durant) left and Harden is also doing a tremendous job with Rockets...They are currently third in the West competing for the Division title...Am an OKC fan but i think Harden has it slightly for me cos of his decisions and belief more in his players....WHO IS YOUR PREFERRED MVP CANDIDATE? (You can also name if its not westbrook or harden)
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by stanway(m): 6:26am On Feb 22, 2017
westbrook is good but harden is better,james harden carries his team along,while westbrook is a ball hog always want to get figures
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by aliondo: 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
stanway:
westbrook is good but harden is better,james harden carries his team along,while westbrook is a ball hog always want to get figures

I agree with you but westbrook has been less selfish this season..not minding the stats tho..he's beginning to play more team ball....
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by kesikeller(m): 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
So much about these top two candidates is similar: They both played for teams that weren’t expected to be as good as they were, with supporting casts that require them, the point guards, to create almost everything. They both played an aggressive dribble-drive style and sparingly played meaningful defense. Both had game-winning shots against the Nuggets (poor Denver) this year. Both play a brand of basketball that lacks joy.

Westbrook is the old-school, box-score candidate. His visceral style of play comes across in his scoresheet-filling ways. For those who believe a 10th rebound is exponentially more important than the 9th, Westbrook — who did it all and then some for the Thunder this year — is your guy.

Again, he averaged a triple double — case closed, bro.
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by aliondo: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
kesikeller:
So much about these top two candidates is similar: They both played for teams that weren’t expected to be as good as they were, with supporting casts that require them, the point guards, to create almost everything. They both played an aggressive dribble-drive style and sparingly played meaningful defense. Both had game-winning shots against the Nuggets (poor Denver) this year. Both play a brand of basketball that lacks joy.

Westbrook is the old-school, box-score candidate. His visceral style of play comes across in his scoresheet-filling ways. For those who believe a 10th rebound is exponentially more important than the 9th, Westbrook — who did it all and then some for the Thunder this year — is your guy.

Again, he averaged a triple double — case closed, bro.

Its going to boil down to either stats or wins...When Harden was interviewed recently,he said he thought the MVP was all about winning....
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by kesikeller(m): 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
aliondo:

Its going to boil down to either stats or wins...When Harden was interviewed recently,he said he thought the MVP was all about winning....
for me westbrook have had Consistent individual excellence combined with team leadership and more than a few moments of transcendent brilliance. westbrook going to houston and harden going to thunder who do you think will improve their respective team? harden is surrounded by very talented players at houston while at okc is not the same for westbrook. without westbrook okc wouldnt be near the playoff
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by aliondo: 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
kesikeller:
for me westbrook have had Consistent individual excellence combined with team leadership and more than a few moments of transcendent brilliance. westbrook going to houston and harden going to thunder who do you think will improve their respective team? harden is surrounded by very talented players at houston while at okc is not the same for westbrook. without westbrook okc wouldnt be near the playoff

Yh..you can say that Houston have got the better team now cos of their wins as they are the 3rd best team in the league....but prior to this season,it was projected that OKC would perform better than Houston...Its this projection thats giving Harden the edge...In truth,OKC have a better team...its just that the OKC players have not stepped up like they supposed to..Just westbrook making the difference....
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by kesikeller(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2017
aliondo:

Yh..you can say that Houston have got the better team now cos of their wins as they are the 3rd best team in the league....but prior to this season,it was projected that OKC would perform better than Houston...Its this projection thats giving Harden the edge...In truth,OKC have a better team...its just that the OKC players have not stepped up like they supposed to..Just westbrook making the difference....
thats the point imagine okc players stepping up westbrook would have done much better
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by johnime: 10:54am On Dec 12, 2017
u got a mail
aliondo:
These two are carrying their team on their backs like kilode....They both putting up mind blowing stats....Westbrook aka Mr Triple Double has been the backbone of my team since my best player (Durant) left and Harden is also doing a tremendous job with Rockets...They are currently third in the West competing for the Division title...Am an OKC fan but i think Harden has it slightly for me cos of his decisions and belief more in his players....WHO IS YOUR PREFERRED MVP CANDIDATE? (You can also name if its not westbrook or harden)
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by aliondo: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2017
johnime:
u got a mail

yet to see the mail but when i see it...i will respond..
Re: WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? by aliondo: 11:25am On Dec 12, 2017
johnime:
u got a mail

cant see the mail..ave sent a pm tho.

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Tells Management "I Want Cristiano Ronaldo". / John Terry Named Aston Villa Captain For 2017/18 Season / messi Reacted To Neymar's Departure To PSG As He Gives Out List Of Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.