Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) (36253 Views)

Some Dangerous Ways African Migrants Illegally Enter Europe [photos] / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by todaynewsreview: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
The bodies of at least 74 migrants have been washed ashore in western Libya, in the latest tragedy along the dangerous trafficking route to Europe. The Libyan Red Crescent posted photos of dozens of bodies in black and white bags lined up along the shore near the western city of Zawiya.
A spokesman for the aid organisation said there were still bodies floating out at sea as the agency had no way of retrieving them. He said the migrants were all adults, mostly from sub-Saharan African countries, and all but three were men.
The UN migration agency, the International Organisation of Migration (IOM), said the dinghy had set off on Saturday with 110 people on board. The agency said traffickers deliberately took the engines from the boat and then abandoned it to drift.

http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/3051/tragedy-bodies-of-migrants-wash-ashore-en-route-europe-photo

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by stainlink(m): 11:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by seunlly(m): 11:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
incredible
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
Reallyyyyyyyyyyy sad.

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by starpon1: 12:02am On Feb 22, 2017
rip to them all. aluta continue

2 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by mykelmeezy: 12:35am On Feb 22, 2017
if you cant swim why embark on such

more so without a life jacket

12 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:43am On Feb 22, 2017
sad sad
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by meezynetwork(m): 1:32am On Feb 22, 2017
Risky journey
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by onatisi(m): 2:35am On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:

If you have been to the middle of the ocean ,you will know a life jacket is meaningless there. God I thank you..

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by mykelmeezy: 2:39am On Feb 22, 2017
onatisi:

If you have been to the middle of the ocean ,you will know a life jacket is meaningless there. God I thank you..

half a Chance of surviving is better than none

it can keep you floating even when you pass out outta fatigue

who knows if a partrol plane or coast guard or navy seal might find them

but then why take the journey in the first place

r they only one suffering in their country

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Folksyharry(m): 2:43am On Feb 22, 2017
onatisi:

Bro it's actually the opposite. In the middle of an ocean or sea life jacket is more important than Michael Phelps swimming skills.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Pappyjim: 3:22am On Feb 22, 2017
*I feel for their family and friends for this collosal less on d high sea back home*!
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Pavore9: 5:04am On Feb 22, 2017
It is not as if they were being ferried for free, they pay good money for the journey that is very high risk! Despite the calamity, another group is setting out.

11 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 22, 2017
I keep saying it, stay in your country. If you can't get a job, go into farming, you will surely see what to eat. RIP

19 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by samblaks(m): 5:54am On Feb 22, 2017
In the search for greener pasture...hmmmmmmmmmm..........help us Lord.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ayatt(m): 6:05am On Feb 22, 2017
nawa oh
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ovieigho(m): 6:10am On Feb 22, 2017
I used to ask my self why people embark on such risky journey even with 500k? Until I listened to my friend who just crossed over to Italy from Libya. According to him he said after safe crossing,the Italia authority will automatically take them in while they along with UN give them monthly stipend till they get their full ' papers'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by MtuMsuper: 6:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Oh my gosh! God help us all.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 22, 2017
on the quest for a greener pasture, and they finally made it to an ever greener pasture where death is no more...rip.
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Onyenna(m): 6:33am On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:

Well said bro.....
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Rilwayne001: 6:37am On Feb 22, 2017
Pidgin2:
I keep saying it, stay in your country. If you can't get a job, go into farming, you will surely see what to eat. RIP

Na you land dem go use for farming? No be who get land dey farm?

16 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by onatisi(m): 6:40am On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:

You are right
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ifynwaba(m): 6:52am On Feb 22, 2017
pathetic
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by todaynewsreview: 7:35am On Feb 22, 2017
ovieigho:
I used to ask my self why people embark on such risky journey even with 500k? Until I listened to my friend who just crossed over to Italy from Libya. According to him he said after safe crossing,the Italia authority will automatically take them in while they along with UN give them monthly stipend till they get their full ' papers'
Does it really work that way?
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ednut1(m): 7:37am On Feb 22, 2017
Considering the smugglers charge up to 400 usd for this suicide trip. Smh. Money they could hv used for business

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Biggty(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2017
This is so sad, so many people have lost their lives because of search for greener pastures
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by columbus007(m): 7:53am On Feb 22, 2017
Pidgin2:
i keep saying it blablabla,shey you go give dem land give dem security join?,have you forgotten the killer squad and the dare-devil kidnappers undecided

10 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2017
ednut1:
Considering the smugglers charge up to 400 usd for this suicide trip. Smh. Money they could hv used for business
They just want to answer people living outside the country, cause I don't believe someone who has 400 dollars is doing badly at home.

15 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by ERockson: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2017
They want to develop Europe...
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Our land is green
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by grandstar(m): 8:04am On Feb 22, 2017
mykelmeezy:

Even if they can swim,its an ocean!
Re: Bodies Of Migrants Wash Ashore En-route Europe (photos) by sunnyside16(m): 8:04am On Feb 22, 2017
Journey of no destination...........no return.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who's To Blame For This Overload: The Truck, VIO, Or The Driver? (Video) / Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.