Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31918 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 10, 2009
Ever experienced Lagos 'madness'?
1, It is only in Lagos, that a passenger will not have money, but will enter a bus, and instead of begging, will be cursing and fighting conductor and driver. At the end of the day and the noise, he(and even she) will get to his(her) destination without paying a kobo, depending on how 'mad' he/she is.
2, It is only in Lagos that two people will be publicly fighting and cursing one another in public transport, one old enough to be another's grand mother
3, It is only in Lagos that if a car slightly bashes another, the car driver/owner will stop in the middle of the road, fighting or exchanging tantrums for hours at times, causing unnecessary traffic jam instead of parking to the side of the road and settling the dispute. This is a very common sight, even in VI, and among corporate people too.

To be updated as others come to my head

What other 'madness' have you experienced in Lagos? Share with us.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ismailaw: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
It was in a bus I boarded at Ikeja last saturday. That was where they met. A man who "ran away" from home one year, six months ago, and the wife. Come and see fight. The man even tried to escape but the woman got to him before the okada he tried to escape on could start.

The woman started reigning curses on the man who insisted that the woman was a witch and he had to run away from her. The woman insisted that they were going home together as she started crying. The bus was sango bound but I alighted at Agbado. There was an argument in the bus as people started taking sides. All ladies in the bus expectedly supported the woman while some men wondered why a woman would be so difficult that a man would run away from her and 4 kids.

It was indeed a sad drama

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by gestapo(f): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
ismailaw:

It was in a bus I boarded at Ikeja last saturday. That was where they met. A man who "ran away" from home one year, six months ago, and the wife. Come and see fight. The man even tried to escape but the woman got to him before the okada he tried to escape on could start.

The woman started reigning curses on the man who insisted that the woman was a witch and he had to run away from her. The woman insisted that they were going home together as she started crying. The bus was sango bound but I alighted at Agbado. There was an argument in the bus as people started taking sides. All ladies in the bus expectedly supported the woman while some men wondered why a woman would be so difficult that a man would run away from her and 4 kids.

LOL !!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by igboboy1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
O boy you sure say na only Lagos? Guy bone o craze dey pass craze for Warri.
From wetin u dey yan e be like say na craze man + craze man dey fight, for waffi even normal pesin dey chop beat on the daily no be say come chop, if 2craze pesin follow fight that one na obituary for morning,
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by toluxa1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2009
I once experienced a scene where a thieve was burnt alive on the main road in broad daylight! Horrible!

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS U'LL SEE DEAD BODY ON THE STREETS AND IT REMAINS THERE FOR DAYS

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE TOUTS ROBBING SOMEONE AND OTHERS WILL BE GOING ABT THEIR BIZ AS IF NOTHING IS HAPPENING

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE A WELL DRESSED SAME MAN/WOMAN/BOY/GIRL, JUMP DOWN FROM A MOVING VEHICLE

ETC ETC ETC

THE MADNESS IS JUST TOO MUCH

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by eros(m): 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
Jarus:

Ever experienced Lagos 'madness'?
1, It is only in Lagos, that a passenger will not have money, but will enter a bus, and instead of begging, will be cursing and fighting conductor and driver. At the end of the day and the noise, he(and even she) will get to his(her) destination without paying a kobo, depending on how 'mad' he/she is.
2, It is only in Lagos that two people will be publicly fighting and cursing one another in public transport, one old enough to be another's grand mother
3, It is only in Lagos that if a car slightly bashes another, the car driver/owner will stop in the middle of the road, fighting or exchanging tantrums for hours at times, causing unnecessary traffic jam instead of parking to the side of the road and settling the dispute. This is a very common sight, even in VI, and among corporate people too.

To be updated as others come to my head

What other 'madness' have you experienced in Lagos? Share with us.

otukpo:

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE TOUTS ROBBING SOMEONE AND OTHERS WILL BE GOING ABT THEIR BIZ AS IF NOTHING IS HAPPENING

ONLY IN LAGOS U SEE A WELL DRESSED SAME MAN/WOMAN/BOY/GIRL, JUMP DOWN FROM A MOVING VEHICLE

ETC ETC ETC

Only in Lagos can all these happen and more. Welcome to Lagos State, the city of EXCELLENCE.

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
Well let me share one of my horrible story I xperienced in Lagos

I took a bike from a spot heading to my friend house. I never knew that the OKADA(Bike) was stolen or maybe misunderstading btw dem. We got to a spot, the other OKADA (BIKE) members started shouting OLE!! (THEIF), looooooooooool,

Before I knew, lots of bike started pursuing us. I was @ da back, I tot it was a Joke, the road we were passing by got lots of gallops,  the bike was flying as in my legs where flying too, I was shouting yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:::::

Shouting STOp!! Slapping the guy from the back, pinching him, the guy didn't stop. It was total madness::: Rough Riders,

Finally the guy stopped the bike, I notice the bike was gonna fall and I flew too like SUPERMAN!!!! loooolz,

I was not injured,  wow!! Surpriz

Got lots of attention from ppl,  Embarrassing

Plenty Madness for Lagos:: I no fit count sef 
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos will Mushin/olosha  be called out as shorosha grin

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
faakay:

I took a bike from a spot heading to my friend house. I never knew that the OKADA(Bike) was stolen or maybe misunderstading btw dem. We got to a spot, the other OKADA (BIKE) members started shouting OLE!! (THEIF), looooooooooool,

Before I knew, lots of bike started pursuing us. I was @ da back, I tot it was a Joke, the road we were passing by got lots of gallops, the bike was flying as in my legs where flying too, I was shouting yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:::::

Shouting STOp!! Slapping the guy from the back, pinching him, the guy didn't stop. It was total madness::: Rough Riders,

Finally the guy stopped the bike, I notice the bike was gonna fall and I flew too like SUPERMAN!!!! loooolz,

I was not injured, wow!! Surpriz

Got lots of attention from ppl, Embarrassing

ROTFLMAO. . . .rough rider

otukpo:

ETC ETC ETC

Exactly. This also worries me.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tboy1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Livvvvy(f): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2009
faakay:

Before I knew, lots of bike started pursuing us. I was @ da back, I tot it was a Joke, the road we were passing by got lots of gallops, the bike was flying as in my legs where flying too, I was shouting yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:::::

I was not injured, wow!! Surpriz

Got lots of attention from ppl, Embarrassing

LOL.

Only in Lagos you will see conductors hanging out of their bus.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tboy1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos will you see both conductor / danfo driver stop at the side of road to wee while passengers in the danfo wait for dem

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by CarlosVent(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2009
its only in Lagos have seen pedestrian crossing having traffic.

Na wa ohhhh
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2009
tboy1:

Only in Lagos will you see both conductor / danfo driver stop at the side of road to wee while passengers in the danfo wait for dem

OMG! who told u that they don't do it at the centre of the road. Especially if there is traffic, They just come down, face the bus and do it right in the middle of the road, with others right, left, front and back watching.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
CarlosVent:

Na wa ohhhh

Talk of pedestrian bridges, e.g the one at oshodi and cele, the human traffic/hold-up on the bridge atimes will be such that u'll fear the bridge might collapse.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ehie007(m): 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in lagos would u see an okada man abuse the car owner after hitting the car, even when he is at fault.

only in lagos u see diferent kind of craze,

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by nkb: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
oh i love this thread, a sure way to ease off stress of too much work load

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Singular: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
CarlosVent:

HAHAHA! LOL! My friend you made me laugh right there!

Lagos City. . . . How I love Lagos City. . . . If you haven't been to Lagos you haven't lived LIFE! Nothing Do We.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by spikedcylinder: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
ismailaw:

igbo boy:

O boy you sure say na only Lagos? Guy bone o craze dey pass craze for Warri.
From wetin u dey yan e be like say na craze man + craze man dey fight,  for waffi even normal pesin dey chop beat on the daily no be say come chop, if [size=12pt]2craze pesin follow fight that one na obituary for morning,  

[/size]

If they sack me for laughing like a hyena at work, its you people o! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS THAT ONE WILL LEAVE HIS/HER HOUSE BY 4 AM JUST TO BEAT TRAFFIC TO GET TO WORK WITHIN THE SAME CITY AND GETS HOME AROUND 11PM - 12 MID NIGHT EVERYDAY. AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES.

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tboy1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

OMG! who told u that they don't do it at the centre of the road. Especially if there is traffic, They just come down, face the bus and do it right in the middle of the road, with others right, left, front and back watching.
LMAO . . . i aint seen dat one yet  grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

ONLY IN LAGOS THAT ONE WILL LEAVE HIS/HER HOUSE BY 4 AM JUST TO BEAT TRAFFIC TO GET TO WORK WITHIN THE SAME CITY AND GETS HOME AROUND 11PM - 12 MID NIGHT EVERYDAY. AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES.

One of the reasons I had to find my square root.
I almost lost my life to traffic.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ben13: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
It's only in Lagos, one can stand up to 3hrs on a Que just to cash a hundred thousand in a commercial bank. grin

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in lagos,

[list]
[li]I've seen Women board a bus from the boot especially during rush hour and buses are scarce! This way they get a back seat quickly while people are still fighting it out at the Door  shocked[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Once there was a mad rush to board a bus and a woman practically 'threw' her child into the bus using him to secure a seat be4 she got in  shocked
[/li]
[/list]

Madness  angry but i love it grin

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
It is only in Lagos where U see a "danfo" pushing and not towing another "danfo" on the expressway because the latter suddenly developed motor problems.

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by agabaI23(m): 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
faakay:

Before I knew, lots of bike started pursuing us. I was @ da back, I tot it was a Joke, the road we were passing by got lots of gallops,  the bike was flying as in my legs where flying too, I was shouting yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:::::

I was not injured,  wow!! Surpriz

Got lots of attention from ppl,  Embarrassing

You are lucky your testicles did not burst in the gallops grin and you did not fracture your d.ck
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2009
This one happens so often  grin

Its only in Lagos,

You board a bus going to a particular place, U join the bus halfway to its destination but you are charged more money than those who boarded the bus right from the Bus Stop  sad

And the passengers will be looking at you  sad as if its normal

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS THAT THE TIME OF THE DAY DETERMINES THE AMOUNT THE CONDUCTOR/DRIVER CHARGE AS BUS FAIR.

U CAN PAY 20 NAIRA TO GET TO POINT B FROM POINT A IN THE MORNING.

THEN GOING BACK FROM POIT B TO POINT A IN THE EVENING, U ARE CHARGED 100 NAIRA.

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
^^^ Yes Otukpo, and you start to wonder if the location has shifted some extra distance since morning shocked

3 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS THAT U WILL BE MOVING ON THE ROAD U SEE SOME PPLE/ADULTS OOO BY THE ROAD SIDE, STOOPING AND DEFEACATING, AND PPLE WOULD JUST BE PASSING AS IF ITS NOTHING.

SOME MEN ALSO BATH BY THE ROADSIDE WITH THEIR 3RD LEG DANGLING AND THEY CARE LESS
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by otukpo(f): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
ONLY IN LAGOS, U SEE A TRAY-LOAD OF AGEGE BREAD, ACCIDENTALLY POUR INSIDE GUTTER OR ROADSIDE, AND THE SELLER, PICKS THEM UP, CLEAN THEM WITH A SMALL FOAM OR HER WRAPPER, AND PPLE WILL STILL BE BUYING AND EATING THE BREAD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Olowu Of Owu Kingdom: The Final 7 Contestants In Pictures / Ile-ife - City Of 201 Gods. (Yoruba Ancestral Home) / The Ancient Town Of Awka: Fragments Of Its History, Traditions And Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.