Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Doctors Advice Pls - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Advice Pls (449 Views)

Serious Health Defect, In Need Of A Doctors Advice / Penis Pain. Doctors Advice Please. / See The Massive Fibroid Doctors Removed From A Woman's Stomach. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctors Advice Pls by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello Doctors in the house I want to share something that happen some months back, and I need Doctors opinions.
....my girl came to informed me that she visit a popular hospital owned by a church. that the doctor said she got PID, after treatment the doctor advice her, that I should also visit coz I might have been infected. (I went there with her card coz she said its a family hospital that both of us can use same card) When i visit the hospital I explained everything she told me. (Luckily I met the same doctor) The doctor accept that I might be infected and he stated giving me injection.
.....Here's the part am seeking opinion from other doctors. first the doctor didn't run a test on me. my blood sample were not take (but he took hers). Is it appropriate for a doctor to give injection base on a patients complained? she was charge 5k for treatment, blood sample and card I was charge 8k for treatment alone.
I feel I've been scam!!!
Re: Doctors Advice Pls by thesicilian: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
You were not scammed. It is customary for doctors to treat partners of patients who are suspected of having an infection that can be sexually transmitted. It is called contact tracing and treatment. The partner doesn't necessarily have to show symptoms and signs of the infection, and in most cases tests reveal nothing. So they don't usually bother with tests in order to save your money.
Re: Doctors Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
thesicilian:
You were not scammed. It is customary for doctors to treat partners of patients who are suspected of having an hour infection that can be sexually transmitted. It is called contact tracing and treatment. The partner doesn't necessarily have to show symptoms and signs of the infection, and in most cases tests reveal nothing. So they don't usually bother with tests in order to save your money.

Thanks.... so much appreciate ur reply.

(1) (Reply)

New AIDS Vaccine ‘cures’ Five Patients, Report Claims / Why Exercise Isn′t The Only Way To Lose Weight / How to make internet money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.