Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Why I Support Division In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Division In Nigeria. (1134 Views)

GB Onoh: "Buhari Jailed My Father But I Support Him For 2019" / I Am Igbo And I Support Operation Python Dance 100% / "I Support President Buhari" Mega Rally In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by aloziedaya(m): 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Sentiments apart, I believe that looking at the way things are going in Nigeria, peaceful division will be a welcome development. In this part of the world, dividing a country is seen as an expression of hatred but, I don't see it as such. In Nigeria today political instability, ethnic and religious crisis and insurgency have marred our existence as a unified country. In the early 1990s, some countries in Europe experienced what we are going through today and peace came through division. These countries are;
1)YUGOSLAVIA. It was divided in the early 90s into 6 independent countries namely Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia.
2) CZECHOSLOVAKIA. This was a big name in the football world. Oweing to political instability and ethnic divide, Czechoslovakia was divided in 1993 into 2 countries namely Slovakia and the Czechs Republic.
3)SOVIET UNION. This is another big country that was divided in Europe due to political system that seemed not balanced. It was desolved in 1991 and the following countries emerged: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Relative peace have prevailed in these regions since then as well as development both political and economic. There are also many countries today agitating for division. Examples are TIBET in China, CATALONIA in Spain, SCOTLAND in the United Kingdom, BIAFRA in Nigeria etc.
In view of matters at hand and the enormous divide obvious in Nigeria's political arena as well as ethno religious intolerance, one could pray that Nigeria be parted for peace to reign.
My view please.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by timecapsule: 11:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
YES, division is only what is knocking in our door now. If anything happend now that will make PMB not to continue, it is very hard for the northerns to allow OSI BABA to finish their tenure, because of fear of CONFAB. That is their fear for this one month sad situation. Not with standing, nigeria has expired in 2016. CONFAB is the TIME BOMB GEJ drop before living and it is about to explode.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by gartamanta: 12:33am On Feb 23, 2017
No gain saying that a British opportunist called Frederick Lugard created Nigeria in 1914 for purely selfish reasons. For him, Nigeria was no better than ATM machine.

In 1919, 4 years after he forced different groups together at gun point, Lugard returned to Britain a fabulously wealthy man where he was made a 'Lord'

The colonial entity he created with no thought about if the people were compatible would explode 40 years later when Nigeria achieved self rule in 1960.

Within 6 years, political strife, coups and counter coups, wholesale massacres would inevitably lead to civil war that claimed over 3 million lives.

Nobody ever bothered to ask "why are we killing our selves because Lugard brought us together?"

"Did we kill our selves this way when there was no Nigeria?"

"Are we happier now we are together than when we were not together?"

"Who is really a Nigerian? One that accepts the name or someone who the British imposed the name on?"

One thing is clear to anybody with half a sense, no unity that is 'by force' is ever a happy one.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 23, 2017
At no point did Lugard force anyone into the entity called Nigeria. Stop spreading fallacies.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Monkeydeychop: 5:36am On Feb 23, 2017
If I am to use my sense I will say secession is only ever beneficial if the country is developed. Look at 3rd countries who separated, they're all shit today. Let Nigeria be developed first before it separates.

Now if I am to talk with sentiment, let us divide right now right now I am tired of seeing foreigners in my land I'd rather my tribesman rule my country!
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by EternalTruths: 5:37am On Feb 23, 2017
Omudia:
At no point did Lugard force anyone into the entity called Nigeria. Stop spreading fallacies.

This one no go school oooo

OK show us documents containing referendum signatures of various tribes accepting to be Nigerians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 23, 2017
I pity your life. It is you you obviously attended a poultry, not a school.

So in your warped mind, not having a referendum equates to forcing people?
EternalTruths:

This one no go school oooo

OK show us documents containing referendum signatures of various tribes accepting to be Nigerians
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by abouzaid: 8:39am On Feb 23, 2017
Monkeydeychop:
If I am to use my sense I will say secession is only ever beneficial if the country is developed. Look at 3rd countries who separated, they're all shit today. Let Nigeria be developed first before it separates.

Now if I am to talk with sentiment, let us divide right now right now I am tired of seeing foreigners in my land I'd rather my tribesman rule my country!
Singapore seceded from Malaysia and developed while Malaysia is still a backward Muslim caliphate with her citizens trooping to Singapore to acquire a quality education and get good jobs. if Nigeria breaks up today, the resultant nations would have a more rapid rate of development. look what biafra achieved within thirty months of existence and under very harsh conditions.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by 7lives: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2017
abouzaid:
Singapore seceded from Malaysia and developed while Malaysia is still a backward Muslim caliphate with her citizens trooping to Singapore to acquire a quality education and get good jobs. if Nigeria breaks up today, the resultant nations would have a more rapid rate of development. look what biafra achieved within thirty months of existence and under very harsh conditions.

Your hatred for Muslims is making you see Malaysia as poor country, anyway Malaysia is not a poor country, they only don't like drug pushers.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by gartamanta: 9:39am On Feb 23, 2017
Omudia:

So in your warped mind, not having a referendum equates to forcing people?

Of course it does. How do you think Lugard created Nigeria? He asked the ethnic groups he met in West Africa politely if they would like to come together?

Lugard used guns and bullets to shoot everyone into submission, a mission he completed in 1914. This is the method that is still been used to hold Nigeria together since then

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by cheruv: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Secession is good if the seceding part is homogeneous... Check all the good examples of secession, the seceding nations were homogeneous which meant that the new country had a unity of purpose backed up by one religion, one culture and one tongue. That's why South Sudan is a bad example of secession bkos there,there are two main tribes the dinka and the nuer and they're almost of equal strength.
This is why I support a Biāfra that is just made up of Igboid tribes ONLY than a Biāfra that is made up of Igbo, Rukwo, Mmoŋo and other tribes.
I support the empire of Igboland!!!

Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by orisa37: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2017
Just limit The Presidency to Liaison for Foreign Offices, Treaties, External Affairs and Military. Autonomous States will thereafter contribute Funds to run FG.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by EazyMoh(m): 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Some ignorant folks still blaming Lugged for their inability to lead themselves well, the same Lugged whose people taught you civilization and you embraced their religion.
Unless you realize Nigeria's problem started when a certain group decided to brutally murder leaders from other tribes in the country in the presence and with their families then secession will continue to elude you.
The north was the last region to want an amalgamated Nigeria.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Division is not an option because it cannot be done peacefully, besides there are other complications that will arise with serious ramifications for the whole continent.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Allsouls: 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Its long over due for Nigeria to divide, northerners are drawing us back, so if Yoruba's are not ready we Biafran's are read and prepared. Nigeria is may geographical expression and not a nation.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Allsouls: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
kropotkin2:
Division is not an option because it cannot be done peacefully, besides there are other complications that will arise with serious ramifications for the whole continent.

why shouldn't it be peaceful?, any way are we even peaceful now?, were not nigeria is boiling already, from creeks of nigerdelta to southern Kaduna, from north east to creeks of Ogun and lagos, not to talk of south east so nigeria is not in peace.
May be because I never affects you or your immediate ones, but if your sincere you will know that nigeria is not in peace and can never be until the forceful amalgamation fail.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Allsouls: 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Omudia:

I want you to provide you facts to support what you said but I know that my grand father didn't tell me that his father signed or endorse any document for the amalgamation of nigeria since he my grand father was born before 1914.
And I have never come across any document with signatures or tomb prints of ethnic nationalist in support of the amalgamation so its under gun point.
Re: Why I Support Division In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 24, 2017
Allsouls:

why shouldn't it be peaceful?, any way are we even peaceful now?, were not nigeria is boiling already, from creeks of nigerdelta to southern Kaduna, from north east to creeks of Ogun and lagos, not to talk of south east so nigeria is not in peace.
May be because I never affects you or your immediate ones, but if your sincere you will know that nigeria is not in peace and can never be until the forceful amalgamation fail.
If you say so grin

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO Of The Priest That Visited Cownu Today / BREAKING: Court Orders Remand Of Suswam In Prison / Nnamdi Kanu Is Bigger Than Jesus Christ – IPOB Member (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.