Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,775 members, 7,802,381 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? (19120 Views)

My Wife Is A Thief & Greedy: My One-Month Marriage About To Crash / Marry A Miser. Hell No! / A Family Man Can Have This Too: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by kennydotkom(m): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2017
Pls house is it a wise decision i have taken never to rent a house of more that #150k per annum when my annual salary is #600k. How financial helpful has this been to me or am just trying to be a miser ?

1 Like

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Obinnau(m): 7:04am On Feb 23, 2017
Nigerians can ask questions Eh. If you ask us na who we go ask?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by dingbang(m): 7:05am On Feb 23, 2017
You aren't being a miser that is if you are still single.. But why don't u double ur hustle to build a house of your own..

8 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 23, 2017
Coming from a family man shocked

Women are in trouble

Modified

Those idiots quoting me, a married man should be wise enough to know what is good for his family. He can't take this simple decision. Olodos

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by NoToPile: 7:23am On Feb 23, 2017
You are not a miser now, you earn about 50k per month, paying 150k per year seems okay, in fact some will even say its on the high side considering your income. You are paying about 12k plus per month on rent from your 50k that's about 25% of your monthly income.

You are not a miser oo.

If you can get cheaper accommodation it will even be okay I think.

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by sisisioge: 8:47am On Feb 23, 2017
Hmmm...It depends on where you are located. In some states, 150k will get you a 3-bed flat. That's more than enough for a family in this present day.

In some areas in Lagos, 150k will get you a mini flat i.e one room, parlor and the other facilities- places like ipaja. While in other areas, you will only get a face-me-I-face-you one room with that. So, it depends on where you are.

11 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by An0nimus: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2017
Oyind17:

Women are in trouble

Should he rent a house of 600k?

9 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 23, 2017
An0nimus:

Should he rent a house of 600k?
The question no make sense. He should pay a house less than 150k

2 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by An0nimus: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2017
Oyind17:
The question no make sense. He should pay a house less than 150k

Your first answer was vague too.

5 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by bukatyne(f): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
150k annual rent on 600k annual income??

Are you working for your landlord?

Oga, you need to restructure your life.

11 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by olac21(m): 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Oyind17:
Women are in trouble
You type as if you are brain-dead atimes..

12 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by kennydotkom(m): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
Oyind17:

Women are in trouble

I dont uNderstand you bros
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by kennydotkom(m): 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
bukatyne:
150k annual rent on 600k annual income??

Are you working for your landlord?

Oga, you need to restructure your life.

Actually my rent is #100k per annum. How abou that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
kennydotkom:

Actually my rent is #100k per annum. How abou that?

100k rent on 600k salary is still high.

How about child care, school fees, feeding, clothing, entertainment, helping relatives, savings, investment etc?

Does your wife work? If no, you both need to strategize.

4 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Horlawoomey(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
You should try to get another Job, 600k per annum job is not it in places like Lagos, PH and ABJ. May God provide you with abundant wealth, you are not being miser, that amount is very reasonable so far the comfort of your family is guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
NoToPile:
You are not a miser now, you earn about 50k per month, paying 150k per year seems okay, in fact some will even say its on the high side considering your income. You are paying about 12k plus per month on rent from your 50k that's about 25% of your monthly income.

You are not a miser oo.

If you can get cheaper accommodation it will even be okay I think.
I think as a family man he doesn't need a cheaper accommodation. The maths adds up: he earns 50k monthly and 600k annually his rent of 150k annually is fair enough for a family man which should either be a "self contain" apartment or a "bed room" flat depending on location.

Oga, you're not being miserly...you're living within your means.

2 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Akwaudene87(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
dingbang:
You aren't being a miser that is if you are still single.. But why don't u double ur hustle to build a house of your own..
double your hustle with mouth abi ?

3 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by matrix199(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
That's 25% of your annual income. That's prudence.

2 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by chimdi101: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Financially smart like...
"I was merged to pay u 500000 naira on if.i.slap.u.eh.com"
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by anibi9674: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
ok
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Mznaett: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Holy Moses! shocked
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by money121(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ok
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Eleniyan15: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
cut your coat according to your size,chikena

1 Like

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by ChappyChase: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
You're wise my brother.
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by 0b10010011: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
If you can get something cheaper, better for you....
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Ask4Info: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
The first question i will ask is : How far is your work place from your house and how much do you spend on transportation monthly and anually?

You see the solution isn't always about renting a very cheap house but rather, how accesible is your house to your everyday locations, how secured is where we stay and how well you derive comfort and peace of mind.

I hear people work on the island only to be living in deep inside Agege or Ewekoro all in the name of renting a cheap house. They leave home as early as 4:30am and don't get home until 11:45pm. Abeg if them slump and die shey na still witches for their village we go still blame?

Frugality and Extravagance is Relative.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Desdola(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Get a loan and build a housr
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Desdola(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Get a loan and build a house
Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by goshen26: 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
kennydotkom:
Pls house is it a wise decision i have taken never to rent a house of more that #150k per annum when my annual salary is #600k. How financial helpful has this been to me or am just trying to be a miser ?

U r not Sir, u earn 600k/annum which 50k/month, u will need three months of ur salary to pay rentage, which means that u pay 125000 out of 50k, so it is a wise decision if u don't want to "serve landlord or become chief tenant" for the rest of ur life

Also try to increase ur income if u can.

God bless u

2 Likes

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
kennydotkom:

Op you're not a miser

I earn 600k per annum and my rent is 150k per annum

1 Like

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by ogawisdom(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
cool op u r wasteful with ur income, ur rent shld nt exceed 100k if u earn 600k per annum ie 50k monthly

Financial experts recommend dt at most ur 2months salaries shld pay ur annual rent

Personally I recommend dt ur one month salary shld pay ur annual rent if u dnt want to find urself at 65 still a tenant angry angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
kennydotkom:
In Trump's voice : "Smart guy, great guy "

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Countries With The Most Prostitutes: Check Out The Position Of Nigeria / Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party / If A Friend Owes You Money And Doesnt Want To Pay Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.