Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 AM

Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut (7665 Views)

Islamic Guidance On Piercing For Adornment / Regarding The Case When The Day Of Eid Falls On Friday / I think i am losing my faith to Atheism, i need guidance urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:28am On Feb 23, 2017
110209 : Ruling on shortening the sides of the hair more than the middle

Question:
What is the ruling if I cut my hair all over, but I remove more from the sides because this part of the hair grows more quickly, and does not look good? Usually I cut my hair once a month; at the end of the month I have the same haircut.
Published Date: 2009-05-23

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
The one who cuts his hair should make it all the same length. The one who cuts his hair on the sides of his head more than the middle comes under the heading of qaza’, which is forbidden. Al-Bukhaari (5921) and Muslim (2120) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’. Naafi’ (one of the narrators of the hadeeth) said, explaining qaza’: Shaving part of a boy’s head and leaving part.

Al-Nasaa’i (5048) and Abu Dawood (4195) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) saw a boy part of whose head had been shaved and part of it left. He told them not to do that and said: “Shave all of it or leave all of it.” Al-Albaani classed it as saheeh in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i .
That includes cutting some of the hair short and leaving some.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/175):
What is the ruling on leaving some of the hair longer than the rest?
Answer: Abu Dawood narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’ and said: “Shave all of it or leave all of it.”

it says in Sharh al-Iqnaa’ : Qaza’ includes shaving some places on the sides of the head, or shaving the middle and leaving the sides, as most of the Christians do, or shaving the sides and leaving the middle, as many of the foolish do, or shaving the front and leaving the back. Ahmad was asked about shaving the back of the head and he said: This is the action of the Magians, and whoever imitates a people is one of them. Thus it is known that it is not permissible to leave some parts of the hair longer than others.
‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Ibraaheem ibn Muhammad Aal al-Shaykh. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him) was asked: It has become common among women and men to cut their hair in such a way that there is an area that is 10 or 13 cm long, then they shave the hair on the sides and back of the head completely, leaving only the hair on the top of the head.

What is the ruling on that and what is the evidence? Does this come under the heading of qaza’ or not? Why?
He replied: There is no doubt that this action is wrong and is blind following of others, and it comes under the heading of qaza’. It was narrated that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’; he saw a boy who had part of his head shaved and he said: “Shave all of it or leave all of it.” Moreover, this style is not beautification for either men or women, rather it is changing the creation of Allaah and spoiling people's appearance, and it is an imitation of the West in which there is no benefit, in addition to the cost involved, as it involves a lot of effort and spending money on something that is harmful, as is well known. We advise men not to adopt this western style and we advise women to stick with that which their mothers and grandmothers did, of letting their hair grow and braiding it, as this is more beautiful. And Allaah is the one whose help we seek; may Allaah send blessings and peace upon Muhammad and his family and Companions. End quote from Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Jibreen .

Shaykh Muhammad al-Mukhtaar al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah preserve him) said: The one who cut the hair on the sides of his head and makes the hair thick in the middle of the head is included in this, because this is imitating immoral people. Some of the scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) referred to that. We know that some of our earlier shaykhs were very strict with regard to cutting some parts of the hair and not others, and they regarded that as coming under the heading of qaza’ and they said: Either cut all of it or shave all of it. This is the basic principle we should follow, according to the scholars. The Sunnah with regard to hair is to shave all of it or cut all of it, not to cut some of it and leave some of it, because this is an imitation of corrupt people. End quote from Sharh Zaad al-Mustaqni’ .

See also question number 12701 and
10516 .

And Allaah knows best.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by calberian: 11:15am On Feb 24, 2017
‘’Mamman Daura is a powerful member of President Buhari’s kitchen cabinet. In fact, he is considered by most as the de facto Vice President of Nigeria.

Most critical decisions – such as the choice of Ministers and other important appointments - have been credited to him. He even lives in Aso Rock.

Mamman Daura is President Buhari’s nephew. His father is the elder brother of Buhari.

Mamman Daura has a son. His name is Kabir Daura. He is President Buhari’s Personal Assistant.

Abba Kyari is the Chief of Staff to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He also happens to be the foster child of - Yes. You guessed it - Mamman Daura.

Then there is Hadi Sirika.
Hadi Sirika is the Minister of State for Aviation. He is the son of Buhari's elder sister.

Hadi Sirika has an elder sister – a niece of Buhari. Her name is Amina Zakari.
Amina Zakari was INEC acting Chairman last year.

Then there is Aisha Abubakar. She wasn’t even a member of the APC. But all that didn’t matter. But today, she is the Minister of State for Trade, Industry and Investment. Her mother is Buhari’s sister.

So, friends, there you have it. And, thanks for your time.

I guess we can all now go back to our various lives and continue pretending not to notice how our national affair has become one man's family affair."

Nigerians, truly, your Change has come.

---DR JUNAID MOHAMMED

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Francisayo(m): 11:16am On Feb 24, 2017
1st
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by mckazzy(m): 11:25am On Feb 24, 2017
OP, may Allah accept this as an act of Saddaqah and reward you abundantly.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by highbee02: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2017
u can not spoil my business, I'm a barber after my university education. Besides, I think shape of d head determines the hair cut style one should go for

8 Likes

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Toshiba49ja(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2017
Thanks for sharing wink
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Toshiba49ja(m): 11:50am On Feb 24, 2017
highbee02:
u can not spoil my business, I'm a barber after my university education. Besides, I think shape of d head determines the hair cut style one should go for

Oh mai Gawd grin

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by mondee02(m): 11:54am On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=AbuuBilaal post=53973276]110209 : Ruling on shortening the sides of the hair more than the middle

Qaza’ includes shaving some places on the sides of the head, or shaving the middle and leaving the sides, as most of the Christians do, or shaving the sides and leaving the middle, as many of the foolish do,

Just imagine trouble, must you people mention and insult Christians in your perching

very very troublesome religion.
[color=][quote author=AbuuBilaal post=53973276]110209 : Ruling on shortening the sides of the hair more than the middle

Qaza’ includes shaving some places on the sides of the head, or shaving the middle and leaving the sides, as most of the Christians do, or shaving the sides and leaving the middle, as many of the foolish do,

Just imagine trouble, must you people mention and insult Christians in your perching

[/color][quote author=AbuuBilaal post=53973276]110209 : Ruling on shortening the sides of the hair more than the middle

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by mondee02(m): 11:55am On Feb 24, 2017
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=AbuuBilaal post=53973276]110209 : Ruling on shortening the sides of the hair more than the middle

1 Like

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by AbuuBilaal(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
mondee02:
[color=#006600][/color]

Actually, I copied the article from the link I posted.
Though I read it before posting but I don't know how I didn't notice that part.
I wouldn't have written that if it's my article because of the kind of platform and society I am.

However I will like to emphasize the authenticity of the statement because it's the Christians who started it even in Nigeria, and it's popular with the Christians especially the pastors. it's even kinda of a pastor haircut so to say. The Muslims who do it are being dogmatic.

I don't mean any offense against anyone but the fact has to be said even if some people will be bittered by it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by umu(m): 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRAN

1 Like

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by AbuuBilaal(m): 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
umu:
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRAN

Aameen wa iyyaak
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by AbuuBilaal(m): 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
highbee02:

What you think is of no importance here. Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by moufan: 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
nice one op,jazakhumllahu akhiran
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Guruboi(m): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nice post
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Zeinymira(f): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
highbee02:

Lol @ u can not spoil my business

1 Like

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by tintingz(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
So those that cut their hair in style will go to Islamic hell, anyways people can still keep their hair long like Michael Jackson (RIP), it is also a western thing.
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by factwriter(m): 9:08am On Feb 26, 2017
AbuuBilaal:

What you think is of no importance here. Thanks for your contribution.

Of course what "he thinks" are equally of "importance" as the message you conveyed.
In all sincerity what you should do is to expatiate better, making him to realise how thoroughly genuine the proscriptions and recommendations of the holy prophets are, rather than telling him his thoughts are of no importance.

Such response tends to erroneously portray Islam as a religion of force, stress, pain etc.

May Allah increase your knowledge, bless you more and guide us all. (Amin).

1 Like

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2017
factwriter:

Of course what "he thinks" are equally of "importance" as the message you conveyed.
In all sincerity what you should do is to expatiate better, making him to realise how thoroughly genuine the proscriptions and recommendations of the holy prophets are, rather than telling him his thoughts are of no importance.

Such response tends to erroneously portray Islam as a religion of force, stress, pain etc.

actually in the deen of Allâh, what anyone thinks about it is of no importance, its a deen that has chains of transmission down to the prophet himself, so its a done deal and a personal opinion does not matter, except in rare cases(and its given by qualified scholars – ijtihad)

what else is there to expatiate other than the clear words of the prophet “Shave all of it or leave all of it.”
quoted plus the explanation of the scholars in the OP? Al-halaal bayyin wal haraam bayyin, the permissible matters are clear and the prohibited matters are clear.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by AbuuBilaal(m): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2017
AbdelKabir:

actually in the deen of Allâh, what anyone thinks about it is of no importance, its a deen that has chains of transmission down to the prophet himself, so its a done deal and a personal opinion does not matter, except in rare cases(and its given by qualified scholars – ijtihad)

what else is there to expatiate other than the clear words of the prophet “Shave all of it or leave all of it.”
quoted plus the explanation of the scholars in the OP? Al-halaal bayyin wal haraam bayyin, the permissible matters are clear and the prohibited matters are clear.

jazaakaLLaahu khayraa.
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by highbee02: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
factwriter:

Zeinymira:

Guruboi:
Nice post
Zeinymira:

Thanks, May Almighty Allah reward u abundantly
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by highbee02: 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
Zeinymira:

simply because I didn't put d word spoil in quote or use appropriate word
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Zeinymira(f): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
highbee02:

simply because I didn't put d word spoil in quote or use appropriate word

See I am not making fun of you. I actually found what you wrote genuinely funny and I laughed. I am not mocking you or your knowledge on the subject.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by highbee02: 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Zeinymira:

See I am not making fun of you. I actually found what you wrote genuinely funny and I laughed. I am not mocking you or your knowledge on the subject.

you are frm which state out of d 36 states we have in Nigeria
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2017
AbuuBilaal:

jazaakaLLaahu khayraa.

wa iyyak insha Allaah.
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by factwriter(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
AbdelKabir:

.. your unwillingness to be accommodative of other people's sincere ignorance (of the Islamic tradition) could be part of a larger reason why some non-Muslims (and Muslims alike) continue to regard Islam with fear and phobia.

For anybody who doesn't have a fundamental learning about the authority and authenticity of the words of the holy prophet, accepting a NARRATION without proper CORRELATION will simple appear as being gullible.

What anybody "thinks" is surely of "importance" until they have been taken through due narration and explanation. We should stop seeing others "opinion" as challenging or doubting the sayings of the blessed prophet.

In other words we should stop scaring people away from Islam, the true DEEN made for us by God.

A little tolerance of others (innocent) ignorance will help our beautiful religion flourish. May Allah bless you all.
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
factwriter:

.. your unwillingness to be accommodative of other people's sincere ignorance (of the Islamic tradition) could be part of a larger reason why some non-Muslims (and Muslims alike) continue to regard Islam with fear and phobia.

For anybody who doesn't have a fundamental learning about the authority and authenticity of the words of the holy prophet, accepting a NARRATION without proper CORRELATION will simple appear as being gullible.

What anybody "thinks" is surely of "importance" until they have been taken through due narration and explanation. We should stop seeing others "opinion" as challenging or doubting the sayings of the blessed prophet.

In other words we should stop scaring people away from Islam, the true DEEN made for us by God.

A little tolerance of others (innocent) ignorance will help our beautiful religion flourish. May Allah bless you all.

and you call this "you cannot spoil my business" sincere ignorance?

again what anyone thinks dont have any importance as regards the deen of Allaah, this is not Christianity.
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 06, 2017
calberian:

‘’Mamman Daura is a powerful member of President Buhari’s kitchen cabinet. In fact, he is considered by most as the de facto Vice President of Nigeria.

Most critical decisions – such as the choice of Ministers and other important appointments - have been credited to him. He even lives in Aso Rock.

Mamman Daura is President Buhari’s nephew. His father is the elder brother of Buhari.

Mamman Daura has a son. His name is Kabir Daura. He is President Buhari’s Personal Assistant.

Abba Kyari is the Chief of Staff to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He also happens to be the foster child of - Yes. You guessed it - Mamman Daura.

Then there is Hadi Sirika.
Hadi Sirika is the Minister of State for Aviation. He is the son of Buhari's elder sister.

Hadi Sirika has an elder sister – a niece of Buhari. Her name is Amina Zakari.
Amina Zakari was INEC acting Chairman last year.

Then there is Aisha Abubakar. She wasn’t even a member of the APC. But all that didn’t matter. But today, she is the Minister of State for Trade, Industry and Investment. Her mother is Buhari’s sister.

So, friends, there you have it. And, thanks for your time.

I guess we can all now go back to our various lives and continue pretending not to notice how our national affair has become one man's family affair."

Nigerians, truly, your Change has come.

---DR JUNAID MOHAMMED
Brother u postd dis in rung section
Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by factwriter(m): 9:16am On Mar 08, 2017
AbdelKabir:

again what anyone thinks dont have any importance as regards the deen of Allaah, this is not Christianity.
go

AbdelKabir:

Salaam once again.

Of what use is an INSTRUCTION or DIRECTIVES whose bases cannot be COMPREHENDED in anyway by those expected to carry out or adhere by it?

As long as my acts, motive or understanding are founded on "genuine ignorance", what I "think" about any aspect of recommendation or condemnation (of an act or issue) in the Islamic religion is thus IMPORTANT.

Islam was not created and structured (by Allah) to be followed blindly, everything about this beautiful religion conforms to a logical pattern. Mankind is either too obfuscated to see through this or are simple not (yet) intelligently mutated enough to grasp the basis behind Allah proscriptions.

A significant number of the Sunna (examples of prophet Mohammed) that appeared weird, hard or incomprehensible centuries ago are now being back by scientific findings or societal evolution.

That is to show Islam was not blindly forged or casted and compelled upon us, it is a religion that was perfected (purposefully) for Mankind sake by God.

By the way sorry I am not making any technical references using the Qu'ran but you my friend, I would like to believe are knowledgeable enough to am stating facts.

I am not formally learned in Islamic tradition but Allah has been kind enough to endow me NATURALLY with unwavering understanding and perception.

If only I can tell you how many people have embraced Islam through my (non coercive, non intimidating and of course, non violent)
dahwa (evangelism).

Anyway the essence of my seeming long talk is: let's give all those people (who don't yet know) a chance, regardless of how challenging or even offensive their OPINION may sound to us.

We say ISLAM is a religion of PEACE, some people think otherwise. Well the burden of proof lies with us Muslims.

Ma'salaam

1 Like

Re: Islamic Guidance Regarding Haircut by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided. Qur'an 28:56

(1) (Reply)

Holy Quran 5:55-tbaba You're Invited Here / The Story Of A Tested Man! / Between Western Ideals And Islamic Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.