Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Blue ( Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blue ( Short Story) (23542 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Funmi (A Thrilling Short Story) / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue ( Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Copyright 2017@ Gaglo Blessing. All rights reserved.

The complete book is on my website: www.bibijay.com.ng

The link : http://bibijay.com.ng/blue/

But you can also read it here. Update is daily. Grab your free popcorn! grin

Prologue

“Sweetheart, are you there?” The middle aged woman asked, walking towards her daughter’s room. She knocked on the door softly; she pushed it back gently and entered the small room her daughter occupied since childhood. Her eyes flickered to the darkened walls of the room, the paint had peeled off years ago leaving faint strip and blackened spots on the wall. She sighed and sat down gently on the worn out mattress her daughter laid on. “Please talk to me, you do understand that it was for your own good?”

“The only thing I understand is that you are selfish “She replied rudely. “Why don’t you want me to be happy?” Tears trickled down her cheeks.

“Mercy…… I want the best for you. Your happiness matters to me, you are all I have. Peter is….”

“He loves me! yes Mama! Someone else apart from you loves me!” She sat up angrily, “My father didn’t want me! I am a burden to everyone else except peter. He loves me, he makes me feel beautiful! He doesn’t mind that my legs are useless! He doesn’t mind that I am a poor crippled girl! ”

“My baby, I want you to be happy. But I also want you to be an educated and independent woman. I don’t want you to make the same mistakes I made, getting pregnant at a tender age and ruining my future. I love you Mercy. You are my best friend, my confidant and you are the only family I have.”

“You have just said it yourself that I was a mistake. It was my fault you ruined your future and your family turned you out.” She said.

“I don’t regret having you. You are the best thing to ever happen to me. This peter boy will only break your young heart. I have seen him in the company of other girls. I have heard terrible things about him which I have kept away from you”. She stood up, opened her purse and brought out some money. “I have to leave now, if I don’t get there on time Mrs. Toyin, my boss, will deduct from my salary and it is nothing to begin with. Give this money to your tutor when she comes. She will buy your Weac form and help you do the necessary things.”

” Thank you ” Mercy murmured.

” We will talk when I get back. Please don’t starve yourself, your food is on the table in the living room.”

Ada walked out of her daughter’s room with a heavy heart. She was gradually losing her child and she hoped she would be able to get her darling child back. She had conceived when she was seventeen years old for a guy who was much older than her. Her parents had chased her out without a second thought. She moved in with John who was loving and kind to her until she delivered their daughter. He had taken a long look at the frail and pale baby with tiny legs. The legs were shorter and slimmer than normal. He had gone to look for money to settle the hospital bills and that was the last time Ada saw him. She and the child lived on the meager money sympathizers and kind neighbors gave her until it ran out. She had taken to doing domestic works for people to survive. She and Mercy were always together, she never for once let the child out of her sight. When Mercy came of schooling age, Ada would strap her on her back to and fro from school every day. Until one day, luck shined on her. The elderly father of one of the women she did menial jobs for died, leaving behind his new shinning wheelchair. After his funeral, she asked her boss if she could take the wheelchair and to her surprise she said yes.

Like, share and comment

TBC

26 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
Always following.... cc Chumzypinky comman read

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 4:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Prettyhurts:
Always following.... cc Chumzypinky comman read

Thanks Ma'am kiss

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by veekid(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Read this on okadabooks free of charge; Courtesy of Bibi

Great story

3 Likes

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Adesina12: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
madam bibijay123 welcome back

following steadily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by maggilove(f): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
I came on time even if there's no mention. Love this work already .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 24, 2017
I don show. Mhen from the look of things this story is gonna be a hit.

*****Grabs popcorn and chilled Udeme, strolls to the VIP section and sits on the front row close to bibijay123*****

Oya make we dey go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2017
In Dj Khalid's voice... Anoda one 4rm bibijay123... one word 4 diz: masterpiece.. a story in a class of itz own.. diz iz d 1st tym ayam reading ur story 4rm d tym it started.. A remarkable feat i call it. Don't keep us waiting..

#Following keenly...

2 Likes

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2017
Cc: rachealfst, wizsoly, johnsown1, toshiba49ja, oly23, harameede99, dapo97, spdazzy, bibi294, chumzypinky, chizzymaris, olatex25, ikombe, dasilver20, michelle55, twinkiet, samyfreshsmooth, yungtemy, alamiendagash, sunshine46, boffinjay, babsopey, sirorubebe, adesina12, switup, nastynic, jagugu8li, tuhndhay, ekle, costal, hawlahscho, oladapxon, uniqueogo, skillful01, hormobolanle, cerewo, xolocious, yewandequeen, dtobs, 9pblive, eniqurl, roladiva, moscow0147, azeequeen and kentura......

U r invited to diz great piece # thank me later

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 7:48am On Feb 24, 2017
maggilove:
I came on time even if there's no mention. Love this work already .

Sorry sis....I havent done mentions
kiss

2 Likes

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Hadampson:
Cc: rachealfst, wizsoly, johnsown1, toshiba49ja, oly23, harameede99, dapo97, spdazzy, bibi294, chumzypinky, chizzymaris, olatex25, ikombe, dasilver20, michelle55, twinkiet, samyfreshsmooth, yungtemy, alamiendagash, sunshine46, boffinjay, babsopey, sirorubebe, adesina12, switup, nastynic, jagugu8li, tuhndhay, ekle, costal, hawlahscho, oladapxon, uniqueogo, skillful01, hormobolanle, cerewo, xolocious, yewandequeen, dtobs, 9pblive, eniqurl, roladiva, moscow0147, azeequeen and kentura......

My broda thanks for the mention.
i need a chilled bottle of alomo
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Toshiba49ja(m): 11:39am On Feb 24, 2017
Hadampson:

I don show bro wink

Thanks....
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Toshiba49ja(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2017
Wow... Am enjoying this grin
Hadampson kiss
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2017
Toshiba49ja:

I don show bro wink
Thanks....
U're welcome
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by ikombe: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hadampson:

Guy why u go invite me and you never set table and alomo for me

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Azeequeen(f): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hadampson:

Lemme thank you now
I already read it on her website,it's cool
But I think Mercy should not die in vain
Bibijay123 could make it into a novel

I don dey get ideas ooo
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
Azeequeen:

Lemme thank you now I already read it on her website,it's cool But I think Mercy should not die in vain Bibijay123 could make it into a novel
I don dey get ideas ooo
Nice one.. she go gain money 4rm it gan
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
ikombe:
Abeg no vex my oga... samyfreshsmooth oya cumman set d table 4 oga ikombe.. Mix gegemu with alomo wey u wan gv im so dah he go dey relax wellawink
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by samyfreshsmooth(m): 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
ikombe:

Ah oga ikombe no vex na.......oya come, table don set

Oh and bibijay123 thumbs up.....i looooove ur work

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by ikombe: 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

Ah oga ikombe no vex na.......oya come, table don set

Oh and bibijay123 thumbs up.....i looooove ur work
Baba u sabi how i roll joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by AlamienDagash(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hadampson:

I don enter with kim kardashian. in yungtemy 's voice hadampson get me a bottle of vodka nd tell marvis to go pick angelina
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by AyamConfidence(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Okay chairman don show...Sammyfreshsmooth where my own beer and peppersoup

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by olatex25(m): 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hadampson:

tanx bro... I full ground here..
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by olatex25(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bibijay is at its agn.. Let get ready to rumblee

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2017
Hadampson:

tnx 4 d mention.sori i came late.i jst hope i am nt too late
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by dasilver20(f): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2017
Hadampson:

I don show but i need baba blue to wet throat na
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 11:56am On Feb 25, 2017
dasilver20:
I don show but i need baba blue to wet throat na
Which one b baba blue... d only baba blue wey i knw na dye
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
boffinjay:
tnx 4 d mention.sori i came late.i jst hope i am nt too late
No u're nt.. welcome on board
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Eniqurl(f): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hadampson thanks for the mention.... Bibijay123 abeg prolong this story ooo we don't want short story frm you sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by noblet2(f): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
I read Blue on Okadabooks last month and I must say, my Bibichukwu never disappoints.

Sadly, I have not had time to read your recent story on NL.

I hope to do that soon.
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
Eniqurl:
Hadampson thanks for the mention.... Bibijay123 abeg prolong this story ooo we don't want short story frm you sad
welcome on board sis

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 12:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
Toshiba49ja:
Wow... Am enjoying this grin
Hadampson kiss
Tanx tew bibijay123... she always comes with great stories

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orin Orile Ede Naijiria Ni Ede Yoruba Ati Ni Geesi / A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction / The Sex Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.