Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] (44770 Views)

Man Builds Computer Lab For His Former Primary School (Pics) / Imo State University Student Slumps & Dies After Her Project Defence (Photos) / Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by INTERMAN: 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
This PRECAUTION goes to all other people who have one thing or the other to do with chemical which are fatal when contacted.

It was a tragic accident at the yellow house building of Obafemi Awolowo University when one of the lab assistant dies shortly after a chemical known as AMINOBENZENE also known as ANILINE poured on him at the yellow house where part one chemistry practicals often hold.

Another story said, the man was at White house which also house another laboratory for part 1 students. So the man put the chemical in his pocket on his way back to Yellow house when there was no longer space to hold them. He was said to have done this to prevent himself from going twice. On the way, the chemical leaked through the opening as he was moving and poured on him. It was after he got yellow house he realized what had just happened. The chemical entered his blood stream and was taken to the hospital after suffering serious medical issues. He died few days later. May his sold rip.

1 Share

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Topestbilly(m): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
R.I.P

Safety first in whatever we do.

12 Likes

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by INTERMAN: 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Seun I wanna congratulate that great nairalander Fynestboi for emerging as the winner of the secretary general election of the GREAT IFE STUDENTS' UNION. COngrat oo fynest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by INTERMAN: 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
Acute aniline exposure can cause confusion, ringing in the ears, weakness, disorientation, dizziness, impaired gait, lethargy drowsiness, convulsions, loss of consciousness, and coma. These effects are usually transitory and probably secondary to lack of oxygen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by INTERMAN: 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Exposure to aniline may occur from breathing contaminated outdoor air, smoking tobacco, or working or being near industries where it is produced or used. The acute (short-term) and chronic (long-term) effects of aniline in humans consist mainly of effects on the lung, such as upper respiratory tract irritation and congestion. Chronic exposure may also result in effects on the blood. Human cancer data are insufficient to conclude that aniline is a cause of bladder tumors while animal studies indicate that aniline causes tumors of the spleen. EPA has classified aniline as a Group B2, probable human carcinogen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by crackhouse(m): 5:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rip dude
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by INTERMAN: 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
crackhouse:
Rip dude
He is an elderly man oh not a dude.

9 Likes

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by INTERMAN: 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
One need to be careful when handling these chemicals that is the purpose of this post @ lalasticlala. Some of those chemicals in the lab may look harmless, attractive or even with a nice smell. But some are dangerous esp Benzene derivatives like Phenol, aniline, benzoic acid etc. Many part 1 students got scared after this sudden death of this man. And were scared to touch the chemicals.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by INTERMAN: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
One need to be careful when handling these chemicals that is the purpose of this post @ lalasticlala. Some of those chemicals in the lab may look harmless, attractive or even with a nice smell. But some are dangerous esp Benzene derivatives like Phenol, aniline, benzoic acid etc. Many part 1 students got scared after this sudden death of this man. And were scared to touch the chemicals during chem practicals.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Solowande(m): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Safety first. May his soul rest in peace
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by kilokeys(m): 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
safety first

the skin is the largest organ, its permeable too. it should be treated with as much care as the heart, kidney etc.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Opistorincos(m): 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
rip to him

1 Like

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by SmartMugu: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
This one wey everybody just die, how many of us remain? I think we need a fresh and transparent censors, don't we?
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by priscaoge(f): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
May God rest Ur Soul and comfort Ur loved ones cry

2 Likes

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by ipobbigot7: 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
RIP.
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Mememan: 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
angry
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by sureheaven(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
What manner of death is that.....
. R.I.P to the dead
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Donald7610: 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
May God bless his seeds

1 Like

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by chemystery: 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rip sir
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by lade007(m): 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
I knew him back in the days...May your soul rest in peace Sir......What a loss!
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by simplemach(m): 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lack of safety measures
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by crispyvick(f): 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
jst lyk dat.dman serious RIP.am sure students will be scared to touch tinz.i wish universities provides more better ways to handle such chemicals to avoid further re-occurrence nd meanwhile we humans nids to be cautious nd dnt take tinz for granted .
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Kennyodinye(m): 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
too bad...RIP
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Kaxmytex(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
R I P

C6H5NH2
Motherfvcking aromatic amine,
this guy no dey see erythrocyte 4 face, na termination straight and when red blood cell no dey body cadiac arrest fit set in

this stvpid chemical na hell of a badas$, exposure to d vapour sef is sumtin else, na to go find galon of water dey wash face...

One of d major reason wey i always choose to wash apparatus before practical session and after dat, my participation is over for d group... no b mah fault, dem go tell u sample a, b, c...
u no knw which one wey fit end ur career if not properly handled...

it aint easy being a chemist...
shoutout to all lab tech in all institution...una weldone sir
R.I.P to dis great man once again, i pray may ur gentle soul rest in perfect peace..

5 Likes

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by miredia(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
ipobbigot7:
RIP.
Good you modified it.
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Let them check for another cause of death; I am not sure this level of exposure was sufficient to kill him; unless of course he ingested it or injected into his blood but otherwise mere skin contact isn't sufficient - the death is most likely coincidental.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by bqlekan(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
God rest him.. As a lab attendant, he should know better..
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
damn
Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by OluDare01(m): 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
From my experience so far, safety in Nigerian institutions is zero. No safety training, no safety data sheets, no standard operating procedures for chemical handling, no waste management; they wash everything down the drain.
All they do is wear lab coats,lol.
RIP to the man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by Navalguy: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
who his death EPP ?

Re: OAU Lab Assistant Dies After Chemical Poured On Him.[photos] by sbashir10(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
Rip

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo:Toilet In UNIPORT Hostel (graphic Images). / ASUU Begins Nationwide Strike / ASUU Commences Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.