Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? (3957 Views)

Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion / Arguments Against Intelligent Design / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Blogthug(m): 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

These are your words: "All codes of known origin is a product of intelligence"..........................................................What about the genetic code that gives rise to "Down's syndrome?

the genetic codes is still DNA, and it's origin is Unknown, saying it is will be ambiguous and will demand u to provide evidence for such Huge claim , No one has explanations or evidences for its origin, just mere baseless assumptions, mathematically , in fact the chances of DNA coming together randomly is 1 in 10 ^300 , No wonder Watson and crick who won Nobel Prize for discovering the information process in DNA describes it as a miracle .

the DNA code was inferred deductively to also be a product of intelligence based on the validity of the 1st and 2nd premise of the argument except u can refute the argument if u can name a code of known origin to have been produced sans intelligence , until then the argument remains valid
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Blogthug(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
thehomer:

Yes me, and the dictionary. You want me to do your work for you for some reason. If you think all communication is code, then you need to actually show it to be the case. e.g is one person waving at another person code for something? How about someone nodding their head in agreement? Or are birds nests also code? How about lions stalking their prey? Is that code too?

Something you dont' seem to understand is the fact that something can be represented as code e.g a DNA sequence of physical molecules, doesn't make the molecules code. The molecular sequence comes first. The notion of a code is imposed by humans for ease of understanding.

So, you need to do the work to show that all communication is actually code.

from your statement " The notion of a code is imposed by humans for ease of understanding " it shows u don't even know what u are talking about. who should name it a Code ? a god? words were invented by humans and understood by humans to mean specific things , codes are hidden language, words or signs used in passing specific information that must be decoded by the receiver , Scientists called the way dancing bees communicate a code because it fits the description of a code which makes it a code just like Morse codes, u don't have to like it, your being incredulous won't help u gain true knowledge , and I choose to believe the words of experts and scientist rather than believe a random Nairalander who has some ignorant opinion
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
ExAngel007:
baseless... many new viruses pop up frm everywhere around the world, that doesnt mean it was created

Are you irreligious?
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by thehomer: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2017
Blogthug:

from your statement " The notion of a code is imposed by humans for ease of understanding " it shows u don't even know what u are talking about. who should name it a Code ? a god? words were invented by humans and understood by humans to mean specific things , codes are hidden language, words or signs used in passing specific information that must be decoded by the receiver , Scientists called the way dancing bees communicate a code because it fits the description of a code which makes it a code just like Morse codes, u don't have to like it, your being incredulous won't help u gain true knowledge , and I choose to believe the words of experts and scientist rather than believe a random Nairalander who has some ignorant opinion

It is difficult responding to your post due to your poor punctuation but I'll try anyway.
You're confused and have no idea of what you're talking about. DNA is a physical molecule that can be represented as code. What you're revealing is that you're confused because the word "code" is used.

1 Like

Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Blogthug(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
thehomer:

It is difficult responding to your post due to your poor punctuation but I'll try anyway.
You're confused and have no idea of what you're talking about. DNA is a physical molecule that can be represented as code. What you're revealing is that you're confused because the word "code" is used.

no I'm not confused but you rather have just exhibited full blown ignorance about DNA, let me spoon feed u abit , thank me later

https://www.nobelprize.org/educational/medicine/gene-code/history.html

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Organic/gencode.html
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Niflheim(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
@op,

Is this the Watson you were referring to? Did Watson say that the christian god "created" DNA? Why are you lying like this?

1.The luckiest thing that ever happened to me was that my father didn't believe in God, and so he had no hang-ups about souls---James D. Watson

2. One of the greatest gifts science has brought to the world is continuing elimination of the supernatural, and it was a lesson that my father passed on to me, that knowledge liberates mankind from superstition. We can live our lives without the constant fear that we have offended this or that deity who must be placated by incantation or sacrifice, or that we are at the mercy of devils or the Fates. With increasing knowledge, the intellectual darkness that surrounds us is illuminated and we learn more of the beauty and wonder of the natural world---James D. Watson

Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by thehomer: 7:05am On Mar 07, 2017
Blogthug:

no I'm not confused but you rather have just exhibited full blown ignorance about DNA, let me spoon feed u abit , thank me later

https://www.nobelprize.org/educational/medicine/gene-code/history.html

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Organic/gencode.html

Yes you are confused and you've shown so far is that your confusion arises whenever you see the word "code". The first article tells you DNA is a physical molecule that can be represented as code, the second article does the same. What you've also shown is that humans can represent it as code. What you've not shown is the God you think is behind it.
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Kay17: 8:28am On Mar 07, 2017
The foundation of this thread is left unaddressed - what is a code?
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by LivEviL(m): 8:58am On Mar 07, 2017
grin[i][/i] cheesy ... I laff at blind religious followers...
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Blogthug(m): 10:02am On Mar 07, 2017
thehomer:

Yes you are confused and you've shown so far is that your confusion arises whenever you see the word "code". The first article tells you DNA is a physical molecule that can be represented as code, the second article does the same. What you've also shown is that humans can represent it as code. What you've not shown is the God you think is behind it.

it's like I'm talking to a wall, u keep repeating this " humans can represent it as code" who is suppose to represent it as a code? your village juju? look if u discover something edible and nutritious in your backyard that no one has discovered before, won't it be categorized as food ? of coz u will because it fits description of food,pls try to think with that brain of yours.

"what you've not shown is the God u think is behind it" that's a strawman, my argument was for intelligent design try again
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by Blogthug(m): 10:07am On Mar 07, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

Is this the Watson you were referring to? Did Watson say that the christian god "created" DNA? Why are you lying like this?

that's a strawman and presuppositional fallacy, show me where I said Christian God created DNA in my argument, or are u visually impaired? funny how u even assumed I'm a Christian how Atheist of you

1.The luckiest thing that ever happened to me was that my father didn't believe in God, and so he had no hang-ups about souls---James D. Watson
[/quote]

appeal to authority fallacy

2. One of the greatest gifts science has brought to the world is continuing elimination of the supernatural, and it was a lesson that my father passed on to me, that knowledge liberates mankind from superstition. We can live our lives without the constant fear that we have offended this or that deity who must be placated by incantation or sacrifice, or that we are at the mercy of devils or the Fates. With increasing knowledge, the intellectual darkness that surrounds us is illuminated and we learn more of the beauty and wonder of the natural world---James D. Watson
[/quote]

appeal to authority fallacy as well, these guys are scientists not philosophers, try again !
Re: Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? by thehomer: 2:38am On Mar 08, 2017
Blogthug:

it's like I'm talking to a wall, u keep repeating this " humans can represent it as code" who is suppose to represent it as a code? your village juju? look if u discover something edible and nutritious in your backyard that no one has discovered before, won't it be categorized as food ? of coz u will because it fits description of food,pls try to think with that brain of yours.

I have to keep repeating it because you don't seem to understand this fact. You seem to think that bees represent and understand codes. Calling something food isn't coding. This is why I asked you if you thought that all communication was code but you didn't respond. It is clear to me that you're finding thinking difficult.

Blogthug:

"what you've not shown is the God u think is behind it" that's a strawman, my argument was for intelligent design try again

What do you think is the point of the intelligent design argument?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Religion Babatunde Fashola Practice? / The Lord Took Her To Marine Kingdom!!!!!! / Fr. Mbaka Adoration Prayer Ground Burnt Down. Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.