Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu (39716 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / "Buhari Attends Mosque In London, But Very Ill, Not Coming Home Soon" - Guardian / Saharareporters: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
Buhari may not be dead, but he might as well be - too sick to rule, too greedy to leave.
There is a saying in Yoruba Land: “Orun a re mabo.”

Translation: No one comes back from the dead.

Buhari may not be dead, but he might as well be - too sick to rule, too greedy to leave.

Do I wish Buhari dead? Hell no! I wish him well. But as the president of Nigeria, he needs to either serve in his full capacity as president, or immediately resign. There is no third option here, at least not one that benefits Nigerians.

For weeks, Buhari’s administration has been reporting that he is healthy, that he is simply on an extended trip to London for medical tests. He has been away for weeks, and his administration is unwilling or unable to tell Nigerians if or when their president will return, according to the LA Times.

So, what we know for sure is even if Buhari is not sick - which is improbable, considering his appearance of late - and he is just more comfortable spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on his current medical tour instead of getting these “medical tests” done at the State House Clinic Abuja, the fact remains he so preoccupied with his health that he is unable to lead his country. And Nigeria does not seem to have another leader poised to take his place.

I agree with Okey Ndibe that Buhari should step down.

Unlike most of Buhari’s detractors, I do not have a self-serving agenda. My agenda is to see Nigerians prosper in Nigeria. But Nigerians remain in chains, enslaved by their inability to see beyond their greedy noses.

I speculate Buhari is suffering from either a kidney failure or pancreatic cancer, but even if Buhari comes back home, we all know his policies of the last two years have left the country almost completely stagnate. Try as we might to put our faith in him, Buhari has brought Nigeria no closer to self-sufficiency.

If you remember, I campaigned for Buhari. I wanted him to help halt the abyss to which Nigeria was descending during the time of Jonathan’s presidency, as referenced in my article Nigeria’s Rise to the Bottom.

In another one of my articles, I stated that Nigeria is Not a Country but a conspiracy of the elites. My sincere hope was that Buhari would mark the start of a new paradigm of leadership for Nigeria.

That has not been the case.

I am not naive in thinking any world leader would panic his or her constituents by announcing a major illness then admitting there is no cure for the illness, nor a plan in place to ensure the stability of the country going forward. World leaders don’t do that. Hell, C-level executives don’t even do that.

I think what we all feel is the sense of unease that manifests when you know something’s wrong and no one will tell you what it is. It’s the same unease Americans felt when William Henry Harrison died in office. It’s the same unease experienced by Ethiopians when Prime Minister Meles Zenawi died in office. It’s the same unease the whole world felt when North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il died and we realized we were stuck with his sons.

The saga of Yar'adua comes to mind. Not quite seven years ago, we had another Nigerian President lying comatose in another country. The cabals lied to the nation for several months until they could no longer lie.

This may be history repeating itself.

By the time this post goes live, Buhari may be dead or Buhari may be back in Nigeria. But I question whether he will ever regain enough strength to lead in the proper capacity as president. How can he have a broken body and a distracted mind and retain the strength and focus to lead Nigeria out of social, political, and economic turmoil?

I am hedging my bets. The cabals know the answer. The conspirators know the answer. But they will continue to lie and keep Nigerians guessing so they can milk the system for as long as possible.

Therefore, I say to all Nigerians, let us pray the Lord see fit to restore President Buhari’s health, and that he has the opportunity to enjoy the rest of his years in peace with his family beside him.

And let us pray that Nigerians would wake up, and rise up. Long live Nigeria.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/23/buhari-not-coming-back-toyin-dawodu

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by cobadit(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hmmmmmm......... I wish he comes back but not to the throne of power but as a man who loves Nigeria by stepping down for prof. to continue as president and he(Buhari) enjoys the rest of his life resting

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by Ahmadgani(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
If he truly meant well for nigeria and nigerians he should step aside and face his health. Let another finish from where he stop. He has done his best, i believe now he knows better, making a promise is simple but fulfilling the promise is the biggest task.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by wheredemdey: 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
" Too sick to rule....Too greedy to leave"

Deep words that can only be processed by the sane minded.

320 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by nerodenero: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Like 1984, like 2015; the resemblance is too striking. The only difference was 1984 ended with a coup, no thanks to the Evil genius but the hardship associated with the regime necessitated the action. All things being, PMB might just be lucky to finish his tenure in 2019.

Again, in 1984 Late Idiagbon was the one ruling while GMB was just a ceremonial head of state. The same thing is playing out 2017.

If I were PMB, I'd rather resign and enjoy a honourable exit despite being clueless on our to deliver the country from her current challenges than return and remain, allowing the enormous challenges and weight of his office send him to the afterlife. Lest I forget, Africans don't resign. The latter might end PMB.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by dodelight(m): 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
The only honour left for him is to resign. Obviously, the powers that be, including @ senate president and house speaker and the cabal @ presidency are working hard to perfect the northern conspiracy; covering the truth about the president's health status; but God is smarter, He'll surely beat them all at their games. God Save Nigeria!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by obiageIi(f): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ahmadgani:
If he truly meant well for nigeria anf nigerians he should step aside and face his health. Let anothother finish from where he stop. He has done his best, i believe now he knows better, making a promise is simple but fulfilling the promise is the biggest task.
Have you guys ever sat down to think of the security implications should buhari resign? You guys don't know what type of country this is and the hawks flying around

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
obiageIi:

Have you guys ever sat down to think of the security implications should buhari resign? You guys don't know what type of country this is and the hawks flying around
So a dying man should continue to suffer us abi undecided

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by wheredemdey: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
obiageIi:

See your level of thinking...... What will happen that has not happened before??....so we should use because of fear of death and allow the gambaris to rule supreme?....we should use because people die from car accident and stop using cars abi??

What are u yapping about obiageli?

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by obiageIi(f): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

So a dying man should continue to suffer us abi undecided
He has handed over power

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by obiageIi(f): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
wheredemdey:

See your level of thinking...... What will happen that has not happened before??....so we should use because of fear of death and allow the gambaris to rule supreme?....we should use because people die from car accident and stop using cars abi??

What are u yapping about obiageli?
Once beaten twice shy, Buhari knows this (the north is waiting) and knows the vultures are waiting.
Buhari's resignation has no positive impact on this nation, the negatives can only be imagined.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by Ahmadgani(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
obiageIi:

its just one of those doomsday conpiracies; with the way things are going presently, if buhari resigns in goodwill, nothing is gonna happen, we have been there before. The only thing that is sure to happen is wailing and empty threats from some quarters and guess what? It will cool off in few months time

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by obiageIi(f): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ahmadgani:
its just one of those doomsday conpiracies; with the way things are going presently, if buhari resigns in goodwill, nothing is gonna happen, we have been there before. The only thing that is sure to happen is wailing and empty threats from some quarters and guess what? It will cool off in few months time
We can only hope it remains empty threat but we don't the type of information others are privy to. Boko haram is still lurking around

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by adadike281(f): 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
The northern cabals abi na cannibals should just allow the VP to rule in peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by Mememan: 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by adorablepepple(f): 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
What happened during yaradua's time, is about to play out again . lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by Jeffrey12(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Buhari is coming back to rule..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by nairaman66(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
The gradual fall of the North!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by labanji(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Buhari Betrayed Me,
I felt humans were worth trusting not until we made this Man our president.
I cry for my dear country, our purchasing power has drastically fallen because of Bad Governance. What a Country!
Click like if you now dislike Buhari

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by ALAYORMII: 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Who told you he's not coming back??

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by TVTKOKO(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Click 'like' if u think the writer is right.. And share if u think otherwise

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by itsik(m): 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hmm

I keep saying it.
Its as simple as this.
If you say Buhari is good and the best thing that happened to Nigeria,
I say, may GOD ALMIGHTY govern and rule your life just the way Buhari is ruling Nigeria.
Otherwise, just know within yourself that he is a failure and you dont want to admit it.
Say amen to the above i stated here if you say he is the best.
Simple.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by aggen: 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sounds so apt.

What a world!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by agulion: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Buhari , Lord let thy will be done

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by Emu4life(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Go kill am nah, MUMU
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by SuperSuave(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
grin

Too sick to rule, too greedy to leave
This heading really got me laughing hard

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by PIPPROF(m): 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
shocked

this saga has exposed Buhari for what he truly is, he is not the patriotic crap they try to sell

very greedy about power, he is too weak to run such a expansive country with all its problems

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by bedspread: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
THE O
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by infogenius(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Leave ke? He won't leave till he d^^^s

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
I like it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu by hucienda: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
Intriguing days ahead.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Mohammed Abubakar Will Dump Buhari For Atiku In 2019 – Nasiru Darazo / Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT / Abba Kyari Taking Orders From Osinbajo For The Ist Time In FEC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.