Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed (6153 Views)

How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users / Joseph Dogo Warns Nigerians On Phone Apps That Secretly Record Calls / MTN Secretly Reviewed Its Tariff Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by Raychux23(m): 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
There are genuine reasons you would want to snap photos with your smartphone without being noticed. Although, at times taking pictures at events without prior approval can cause bridge of understanding and can lead to legal actions.

But there are times your reasons are genuine and taking some shots without being noticed would be the next best thing to do. You might want to take a shot on your kid to capture memories without him knowing cause of his shyness with the camera, or maybe you are in a crime scene and you would like to capture the face of the perpetrators in such a way you wouldn’t get caught, or you just felt to take some shot for fun. Whatever your genuine reasons might be, you have to do it like a pro and I will show you ways which you can do it in the most discrete way.

Disable The Shutter Sound

The first thing to do is disable the most obvious giveaway of taking photos: the camera shutter sound. Seeing as smartphone cameras have no moving parts, the sound itself is just software-based audio feedback, and turning it off is usually as simple as toggling a setting.
Most modern Android and iOS device will respect your current volume setting, so if you set your device to mute or vibrate, the shutter sound goes away.

Disable Your Flash Light

After disabling the shutter sound, the next most obvious photo-taking giveaway is the camera flash. Although not all smartphones even have a flash, so if yours doesn’t have one, feel free to skip this step. But if you do, there’s no way to take a stealthy photo while it’s on.
The flash setting is usually controlled by the camera app you’re using so it’s tough to give universal step-by-step instructions, but it’s pretty simple: poke around in the interface options for the flash icon (looks like a lightning bolt) and tap to disable.

Partially Hide Your Phone

The actual camera lens on a smartphone is quite small and is usually located towards one side of the phone’s body, typically the top area. This means you can tuck most of the phone away, leave the camera lens peeking, and still take a shot.

Maybe you want to get prepared ahead of time, you can carve the inside of a book leaving out only a small hole for the camera lens and place the book in a position for best shots coupled with a camera app that allows for sequenced captures.

Use a Stealthy Camera App

If all of the above is too cumbersome, then you might be better off with a stealthy camera app. These are designed to make the whole process as easy as possible: no need to fiddle with settings, no risk in accidentally taking a shot before silencing the shutter, etc.

For Android devices, Spy Camera OS 3 is about as good as it gets. It’s free to use and comes with two notable features: it runs in the background (so you can take photos while chatting or playing music) and it can auto-shoot when it detects faces.

For iOS devices, Easy Calc Camera Eye is a solid option. It shows up as “Easy Calc” in your apps so it raises no suspicions, it has multiple camera shooting modes (such as delayed, sequenced, or motion-detected), and it can auto-protect photos with a PIN.

Thanks for reading and drop a comment below on any tips and tricks you think I missed.

http://techablaze.com/blog/how-to-secretly-take-pictures-with-your-phone-without-being-notice/

3 Likes

Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by 11Anonymous(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
For those using Amigo3.1, I mean Gionee OS of Android v5.1 lolipop. Swipe up and hold the camera icon at the bottom for some time, A photo using your back camera will be taken without anyone looking at your phone noticing :-)

3 Likes

Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by Raychux23(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
11Anonymous:
For those using Amigo3.1, I mean Gionee OS of Android v5.1 lolipop. Swipe up and hold the camera icon at the bottom for some time, A photo using your back camera will be taken without anyone looking at your phone noticing :-)

OK, I will try this on a friend's Gionee.
Thumbs up dude
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by Raychux23(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Cc lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

I heard this is a magical ward that does the needful.
Prove me right bro
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kudos OP
quite informative
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by Chuknovski(m): 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
cool now ama catch some snitchers
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by policy12: 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
11Anonymous:

Bros tanks it works...just used my gionee
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by directonpc(m): 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Why my gionee no work na...
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by HyDef(m): 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
11Anonymous:

Holy crap. I've had this phone for 14 months, and I just learnt something new. Thanks a lot dude. It works.

1 Like

Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by CaroLyner(f): 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
I should try thiss. cheesy
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
I did all those things and police still grab me by the trouser and I spent a night in cell. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by goldennugget: 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
Interesting writeup......Seems everyone could be a spy in this digital era.

http://www.tinyqualityhomes.org/
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by sleeknick: 12:22am On Feb 24, 2017
To hair is woman. angry
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by MVLOX(m): 12:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Dis thread go good for journalists and up and coming journalists
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by kingvectorv(m): 1:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Make i go try am out
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by shakablaiize(m): 9:16am On Feb 24, 2017
11Anonymous:
thanks man,it worked on my gionee m5 mini
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by ennysuccess(m): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2017
cheesy
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by haryordeji015(m): 11:37am On Feb 24, 2017
11Anonymous:
how abt we using windows phone
Re: How To Secretly Take Pictures With Your Phone Without Being Noticed by CyberSecurity: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
IT TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP
IT TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP
IT TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP

ARE YOU A FRESH GRADUATE? WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUILD A CAREER IN

CYBER SECURITY
INFORMATION SECURITY & CYBER FORENSIC
HERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY WORKPLACE TRAINING STRICTLY PRACTICAL HANDS-ON TRAINING

https://www.nairaland.com/3648418/it-ict-scholarship-training#54021318

(1) (Reply)

World's Cheapest 4G Phone- Cagabi One With 7 Colors,pre-sell Price Is Low To $39 / How To Make Your OPERAMINI BROWSER Surf The Net Very Fast Like Ucweb / The Best Way To Recover Lost Photos From Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.