Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,268 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:24 PM

How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone (15461 Views)

How To Backup Your Android Phone With Google Photos And Google Drive. / How To Backup Your Iphone On Icloud And Itunes (screenshots) / How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2017
It's quite unfortunate that most people don't really know the features of the devices they use. Sometimes your device may get missing and all you can think of is your contacts and pictures.

Google can help you automatically back everything up. Once you sign in with a new device, everything including your contacts is moved to your new device.
Here's how to do it :

Turn on your data connection
Open Your Contacts Menu

Select Import/Export

Select The Location Of The Contacts You Want To Backup

Tap Next And Select The Google Account You Want To Backup The Contacts To

Tap Next And You're Done. Keep Your Internet Connection On For 10 more Minutes Before Turning It Off

6 Likes

Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by LAFO: 7:40am On Feb 24, 2017
Noted. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Kingstel(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2017
The knowing is good. tongue

Just fresh, see NEW & EXCLUSIVE stories @ www.vineck.com wink

1 Like

Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:33am On Mar 02, 2017
LAFO:
Noted. Thanks
uwc
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Cyb3rhack3r: 6:47am On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks for the post.. smiley
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by dabwan123(m): 7:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by richeeyo(m): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2017
This is not early morning stuff nah
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2017
mtcheeech something I did since 2015

1 Like

Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2017
PUSSYHOE:
whenever a person wakes up is his morning

afterall nigeria(including u) started using GSM several years after the whites have been using it...so no need to boast

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 02, 2017
This mods wetting I do una.

I posted a very tangible information on how to track a stollen android phone without a tracker in it.
You guys didn't put it on front page to help other android users.
Track a missing android without tracker and get your thief see here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3648964/track-missing-phone-without-tracker

My name is Ipobexposed

Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Lanretoye(m): 7:57am On Mar 02, 2017
PUSSYHOE:
if u didn't sync with google,it's something you need to do periodically and not since 2015 as you have said
femi4:
You don't need to sync periodically. Just put the syn switch ON and thats all. We have been using it since the days of jelly bean 2012/2013
okay sir,I understand you know too much.
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:58am On Mar 02, 2017
Nice 1 op . No man has the monopoly of knowledge

1 Like

Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 02, 2017
wat if u wana get it bk
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Hemdy4jazz: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2017
@op how exactly can i view my contact from goggle website
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by EagleScribes: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
It's quite unfortunate that most people don't really know the features of the devices they use. Sometimes your device may get missing and all you can think of is your contacts and pictures.

Google can help you automatically back everything up. Once you sign in with a new device, everything including your contacts is moved to your new device.
Here's how to do it :

Open Your Contacts Menu

Select Import/Export

Tap Next And You're Done. Keep Your Internet Connection On For 10 more Minutes Before Turning It Off

Thanks for the info. I have done this before but I didn't know how to retrieve the saved contacts back sad.
Please help a brother.
Thanks in advance smiley
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Histrings08(m): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2017
I just did mine... Thanks bro
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by petkoffdrake2(m): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2017
Nice tips but little bit not important
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Chudichu(m): 8:21am On Mar 02, 2017
Weldone Sir
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Chudichu(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2017
EagleScribes:

Thanks for the info. I have done this before but I didn't know how to retrieve the saved contacts back sad.
Please help a brother.
Thanks in advance smiley
Just go to the Google Drive app on your phone, open it find a file like this Vcard****.vcf and recreate your saved contacts.
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2017
SURE, WHY DON'T YOU DASH GOOGLE YOUR CONTACTS INFORMATION ON A SILVER PLATTER. GOSH!!! SOME PEOPLE SEF
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by prodekul(f): 8:35am On Mar 02, 2017
wat it pictures and other necessary things, how do we save dem
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Atasieogadi(m): 8:41am On Mar 02, 2017
I was told smart phone backs it up automatically. So why do you still copy it to a Google account?
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by CallmeAbbey: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Chudichu:

Just go to the Google Drive app on your phone, open it find a file like this Vcard****.vcf and recreate your saved contacts.

"no vcard found in the phone storage". pls how do I locate this to to back up my contacts
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Elfaris(m): 8:58am On Mar 02, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Here's how to do it :

Open Your Contacts Menu

Select Import/Export

Nice one.. thanks a lot for this info.
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by CallmeAbbey: 9:01am On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=NaijaTechGuy post=54005727]It's quite unfortunate that most people don't really know the features of the devices they use. Sometimes your device may get missing and all you can think of is your contacts and pictures.

Here's how to do it :

Open Your Contacts Menu

Select Import/Export

Tap Next And You're Done. Keep Your Internet Connection On For 10 more Minutes Before Turning It Off[/quote

My phone says "no vcard found in the phone storage" pls what is the issue and how do resolve it?

Thank you
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Dolypson04(m): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=NaijaTechGuy post=54005727]It's quite unfortunate that most people don't really know the features of the devices they use. Sometimes your device may get missing and all you can think of is your contacts and pictures.

Here's how to do it :

Open Your Contacts Menu

Select Import/Export

Tap Next And You're Done. Keep Your Internet Connection On For 10 more Minutes Before Turning It Off[/quote
Then how can one restore it in case of loss or change of device?
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Chudichu(m): 9:10am On Mar 02, 2017
CallmeAbbey:

"no vcard found in the phone storage". pls how do I locate this to to back up my contacts
Backup the contacts first before you can see the VCard file. Make sure you have Internet access to upload the file to the Google cloud storage. When uploaded it would show on your Google Drive app.
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 02, 2017
why are you guys quoting the whole damn post before comments? at least edit the damn post if you wanna quote the op for God sakes...
Re: How To Backup Up Your Contacts To Google On Any Android Phone by Kakamorufu(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2017
niceone

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Deactivate MTN Link-up Services From 20730 And 30730 / Download Mymtnapp And Get 500mb Free Data / Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.