Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? (49276 Views)

Advice On Hustle To Libya For Greener Pastures / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / Looking For A Greener Pasture We've Got The Right Option For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by hadaydhollarpo(m): 10:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
initialize:
I don't know why I find it difficult to reason why I should travel to another country. My first international passport expired without any stamp. The second one is already a year old and still not taken it to any embassy. I'm among those that believe I will grow my hundreds to billions in Nigeria. I didn't say millions because that's already achieved within 4yrs of trying.

Believe in Nigeria and Nigeria will reason ur situation.

800k is even much money to start a business. If you got the 800k legitimately I'm surprised you asking this question. Do you want to tell me there's no more money where the 800k came from?
sharp guy
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by bastien: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
Carmal90:

Will 100k open a bet shop?? I doubt
it won't, it will get me the equipment I need.... The shop is not the problem
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Carmal90(m): 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
bastien:
it won't, it will get me the equipment I need.... The shop is not the problem

Are u saying I without shop money,100k will do?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by kevwemanuel: 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
psychu:
800k is not enough to travel to Europe or Asia unless you want to go through the desert where you chances of dying is over 50%. You get there and live a street life. It is equally not be enough to go to America. If you want to go to any other African country, fine.

800k is enough to start a profitable business in Nigeria. Scout for a profitable product that people need often, target where the product is not reaching effectively and you will be making a lot of money distributing the product.

If you are located in a city with commercial activities, send me a message and I will introduce you to a product you can distribute. You can easily triple that 800k in 6 months.
I live in a commercial area in Port- Harcourt. Please can you give me more details about this product. kevwemanuel@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by obontami: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
LAFO:

Just give me 300 out of the 800..... I will stay here.
#IdeasNeedFunding
What are the ideas you have? I might learn 1 or 2 things from you.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by obontami: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
wayne4loan:
Young man come to alaba and invest that money u will be surprised how much it will generate within a year

Invest in what exactly in alaba? ?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by larrytorch(m): 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
Harbosede02:
i borrowed it angry
lol... U could be an alumnus na. The question is silly though.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by BLoomfrancs(m): 3:20am On Feb 25, 2017
My guy you are not the only one who is hell bent on leaving this shithole of a country.
The thing in question is how much you have because that determines how far you're gonna go and fer how long you're gonna stay in any foreign country before you find a firm footing to the extent of making money from such a country whether you're a highschool(secondary school) dropout or a uni graduate.

To be frank wif you, I strongly doubt if the 800k can do much before it gets exhausted.

*advice no 1: if you like yourself don't ever, I repeat, don't ever think of going to any middle east country!– from Turkey down to where you have the Asian borders.
*advice no 2: try and leave for English speaking countries as language barrier could even make things worse, like getting a job, like acclimatizing to a new atmosphere, etc. To me Canada is a nice bet.
*advice no 3: try and see if you can invest that money in Nigeria to generate at least 2million naira cos our currency is just worthless. After processing your document and getting your visa approved, I don't think you will have as much as 200k left wif you. I am saying this because the average cost of living in any oversea country is approx 350 to 400euros per month so you do the math and know what's up.

But hey if you do have someone in the country you want to leave for, someone who can provide accommodation cos this is the hardest thing to get when you step into any country, then leave! leave! leave!

Feeding itself is not that difficult cos there are so many ways to get free food, begging is allowedcheesy. No try form big boy when your money is about to run down. In fact free food is the surest way to see your money remains until you find a firm footinggrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:23am On Feb 25, 2017
cooldood:

So you mean it is not all man for himself in 9ja or what? As long as you intend doing a legal endeavor, people are better of attempting that legal endeavor in serene nations. 9ja is a zoo, no apologies, no healthcare system, no security, poor education, no basic amenities, in fact in Nigeria, it is all man for his safety!
then you can carry your #800000 travel go europe make i see wether e go fit pay your flight ticket, or maybe you can try the Niger route which is cheaper, you will come back and tell us the story if you are lucky. you think when you have healthcare services, and basic amenities all your life's problems will be gone? you think those things are free? you think as a hustler in europe you can enjoy one second of electricity for free? how about gas in winter? Oh i almost forgot, you have a friend or brother there. hmm, dude, if your friends and family in nigeria cannot help you, then it is likely the ones abroad will not! it is a jungle.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by GOLDENWOLF(m): 5:38am On Feb 25, 2017
SeyiAyorinde:
Stay in naija bro....Go farming
Go farming? undecided
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 25, 2017
larrytorch:

lol... U could be an alumnus na. The question is silly though.
aiit...i am
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Damolux01(m): 6:42am On Feb 25, 2017
I have this sum...willing to go into fish farming...who can help me with the breakdown pls...? Whatsapp: 08067888694. Thanks!
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mathew247: 6:46am On Feb 25, 2017
with 800k,you can open 2 bet9ja shop. Thank me later.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by dantori(m): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions

contact me on 08035616294 or ufidris07@yahoo.com I'll keep my advice discrete however think well and plan deeply I have a business idea I intend starting around next month or upper , let's talk
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by bastien: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2017
Carmal90:

Are u saying I without shop money,100k will do?
without a shop 100k won't be enough, but with a shop and generator, 100k will do it.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by irririchris(m): 10:34am On Feb 25, 2017
You can double the money in 4 months doing business in this country, kindly visit jumia and konga to see the items you can sell, register as merchants or call their customer care to ask how you can go about it, it's a venture you will enjoy!
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by arazanbal: 10:54am On Feb 25, 2017
mfm04622:

I hope nobody is stupid enough to listen to this guy! Please ask him if it is so easy, why is he still in Naija? People die everyday trying to cross to Italy from Libya. We see dead bodies washed ashore everyday. We see lucky survivors. Please know that if you survive and get taken to Italy, you can't leave Italy. Pls nobody should try this way he is promoting

guy watin i dy try tell talk b say men wit little cash dy tak risk dy pass land nor to talk of d OP way get big cash wy go fit cary am enter europe or asia legaly.bisides u knw whr i dy reply u 4rm.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by weedtheweeds: 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
Your message has so much weight. this and the previous. I agree with you 50%. But, the guy is probably in a frustrated spot and needs your brain. I probably misunderstood you and wanted a straight answer instead. It is a free conscience forum and i apologize if what i said was negative. Bro, I adore your courage of giving Nairaland its due, but we need more people like you in the world. Thanks for not taking my comment too personal. respect
initialize:

Try to understand my message. But if he needs business ideas he can read through Nairaland biz section topics. That's where I go to. Nairaland is responsible for all I am today

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chima4UK(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=Keneking post=54012614]I am coming first...see how he would share the money undecided

"Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.?? "

- Transportation runs N10,000 ( Beneficiaries are yellow buses & BRT)
- Finger print N5,000 ( Beneficiary is Nigeria Police Force)
- NDLEA clearance - N10,000 ( Beneficiary is NDLEA)
- ECOWAS passport N35,000 ( Beneficiary is Nigeria Immigration Service)
- Flight cost N350,000 min to any reasonable destination ( Beneficiary is airline)
- Visa cost and processing N100,000 minimum to any reasonable destination ( Beneficiary is country of interest)
- Winter jacket (1 pc) N10,000 ( Beneficiary is Bend down boutique)
- Luggage N15,000 ( Beneficiary is Road side shop)
- Sneakers (hard sole) N15,000 (fairly used)
- Convert the balance pocket money = $650 (Bureau de change)
- Accomodation - street
- Hygiene - street
You are in the spirit .
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by larrytorch(m): 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
Harbosede02:
aiit...i am
Aiit... I'm an alumnus.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
InvestinOwerri:
Well, it all depends, I was in a delimma just like op years back. I later decided to remain in Nigeria & go into business, though I had more than the 800k the op has now & things werent as harsh as it is today, regardless, its not easy to break even in business but if you are smart, resilient and hardworking, ready to delay gratification and also on the lookout to diversy, then he can make it here in naija. Atleast, I'm a practical example.

True to an extent, but i'll still advice he scampers to somewhere safe cos, Nigeria for now isn't safe for any business( I stand to be corrected tho).
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
nNEOo:

It k, I started my with 100k n I make at least 100k a month

100k a month what business is that, I could learn a thing or two from you...I'm not in Nigeria tho.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
larrytorch:

Aiit... I'm an alumnus.
nicee
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by nNEOo(m): 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
Pussickpunk:

100k a month what business is that, I could learn a thing or two from you...I'm not in Nigeria tho.

Lol chill bro it not rocket science any biz that gives you 6k a day can comfortably give you 100k a months after expenses

Pm me
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by larrytorch(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
Harbosede02:
nicee
hope oyewole now treating you all well ?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
larrytorch:

hope oyewole now treating you all well ?
angry no
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by goodgate: 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
Harbosede02:
This is why dis country can never move forward....greener pasture ko...mtchewwu

Going through the comments made me realise that the Government isn't totally the problem but Nigerians and the Backward mentality, blockheads everywhere.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by larrytorch(m): 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
Harbosede02:
angry no
Eyah... hope u are almost done ?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by gman15: 3:02am On Feb 26, 2017
My friend take 300k process Dubai visa come follow us hustle. Advantage too much
Nice to start career
Job opportunity
B4 u know it earn half a million or more a month
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 26, 2017
larrytorch:
Eyah... hope u are almost done ?
4 more semesters
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by larrytorch(m): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Harbosede02:
4 more semesters
wow ! God is your strength
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by galileeteo(m): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
I have #3m, I want to travel with it to further my education in Canada, after which I will remain there and look for work. So guys, should I go ahead? I need urgent reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / Working With The Big4, Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.