Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,601 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival (4125 Views)

Airtel Just Saved My Broke Ass With This One..... / Breaking... Airtel Just Reduced There Night Plan / Airtel Just Wipe My Remaining 2gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bharti Airtel has confirmed it would acquire its rival, Telenor India. The deal isn’t official yet, as it has to get regulatory approvals first, but should be completed within the next twelve months.
Airtel is the largest operator in the country with around 269 million subscribers and a revenue market share of 33 percent. The company will now get even larger, as its recent acquisition will add 44 million new subscribers.

However, Airtel won’t be the top dog in India for much longer if Vodafone and Idea decide to merge. Vodafone is currently the second largest operator in India with around 200 million subscribers, while Idea comes in third with around 177 million subscribers. The merger of the two companies would create the biggest mobile operator in the country with almost 400 million customers and a 44 percent market share.
Airtel decided to acquire Telenor India for the same reason Vodafone and Idea want to join forces. All of these companies have to make some changes in order to compete with Reliance Jio, which is funded by the country’s richest man, Mukesh Ambani. The company is currently offering its services to customers for free until the end of March — including 1 GB of 4G LTE data per day.

Reliance Jio’s strategy is to get as many users as possible in a short period of time and then offer them cheaper subscription plans once the free period ends. It looks like the strategy is working very well. Reliance Jio managed to get 100 million subscribers on board in just 170 days.

But the real test for the company is yet to come. It will be interesting to see how many subscribers will decide to stick around after the free period ends and opt for the new subscription plan that costs Rs. 303 a month.
http://thetechlicense.com/2017/02/24/airtel-just-bought-rival/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by Nbote(m): 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dats how some of U will jus b carrying news and stories dat doesn't concern u or any one of us one bit.. Wetin concern India news with nairaland? And change ur topic because it's misleading.

8 Likes

Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by matrixme(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
No mind am . People dey find wetin they wan chop, this one dey talk Airtel India. Who Airtel Nigeria even help?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by MutantMetahuman: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Airtel owned by indians is the biggest network in their country
While one useless mtn from hate filled country is the biggest in our country.
I really wish glo can up their game so I can dump useless mtn

1 Like

Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by eezeribe(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
Thanks op for this wonderful post.
Those on the left quadrant will not appreciate this post.
Once again, thanks op.
Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
Airtel owned by indians is the biggest network in their country

While one useless mtn from hate filled country is the biggest in our country.

I really wish glo can up their game so I can dump useless mtn
honestly, I abandon my mtn 6months ago, I noticed my life is no longer myserable as it use to be, but glo network need to step up their game as you said
Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by sammiecity(m): 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
they are still not at that level
Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by sleeknick: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
I no even understand

Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by YalaTech(m): 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
*Airtel Weekend Plan still remains the best ever*
Hope your old Airtel sim is still with you? 

You can still enjoy Airtel weekend plan of 1GB for N100. Simply dial *474*1# to activate the offer.

Dial *140# to check your remaining data.

Hope you remember that you can get 7GB for just N700 every weekend, with the Airtel Weekend Bundle.
www.yalatech.com.ng
Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by shiftback: 8:56am On Feb 26, 2017
Nbote:
Dats how some of U will jus b carrying news and stories dat doesn't concern u or any one of us one bit.. Wetin concern India news with nairaland? And change ur topic because it's misleading.
the thing tire me o.
Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by jionewshindi(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2017
mobile data providing companies like airtel, vodafone and idea cellular looting indian customers since 10 years. 90% people of india loves Jio because of its cheap data package. even i prefer jio, though sometime network problem but data speed is good in many areas. according to jio news blog, google said search query increased on mobile.
Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by princefelix44(m): 6:50am On Jun 24, 2017
wetin concern me with Asia country when I dey obido Nigeria
Re: Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival by princefelix44(m): 6:52am On Jun 24, 2017
wetin concern me with Asia continent when I dey obodo Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Get It Now Before MTN Scrap It Off: New MTN Data Cheat Like Simple Server / Nokia 5.1 Plus (nokia X5) – Full Specifications And Price In Nigeria (pictures) / How To Create New Plmn On Galaxy S6- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.