Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. (870 Views)

Lady Cries Out After Her Father Was Killed By Fulani Herdsmen On Benin Ore Expre / 17-Year-Old Boy Beats His Aged Father To Death In Bauchi After Taking Hard Drugs / Thief Poses For The Camera After He Was Arrested In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by Krisgift(f): 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Should I blame it on the recession or the wickedness of some people? My heart is broken!

My friends aged dad works as a security man in an agricultural establishment that rents out tractors.

Today, a young man walked up to him at his security post and was making enquiries on how he could rent a tractor, he told the guy all he knows.

Unknown to him, the guy was a scammer. The guy left and came back with three other guys, then he pointed to the tractor and asked the guys if they liked it, the other guys said yes.

Then, he told my friends dad that the guys were interested in the tractor and they liked it. The old man was also thinking that the guy was still talking about the renting.

They all left and few mins later, the three guys came back that they paid the young man 6.5 million to buy the tractor and he brought them there. They said my friends dad was part of the scam and asked him to produce the guy they paid to. The old man has never met the said guy before. That was how they called the police and arrested him. They said he's an accomplice.

My friend just came back from the police station in tears. He said the DPO slapped his Dad in his presence. They are asking him to produce his accomplice whom he has never met before.

Does anyone know what we can do to get him out? Please help!

mynd44
OAM4J...please help me move this to the Front Page.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by greatnaija01: 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
well you need to keep praying for your friends aged father... but the PUNISHMENT that police will get is going to be like FAMILY CURSE. CHAI... slap a man old enough to be their father.

Krisgift:
Should I blame it on the recession or the wickedness of some people? My heart is broken!

My friends aged dad works as a security man in an agricultural establishment that rents out tractors.

Today, a young man walked up to him at his security post and was making enquiries on how he could rent a tractor, he told the guy all he knows.

Unknown to him, the guy was a scammer. The guy left and came back with three other guys, then he pointed to the tractor and asked the guys if they liked it, the other guys said yes.

Then, he told my friends dad that the guys were interested in the tractor and they liked it. The old man was also thinking that the guy was still talking about the renting.

They all left and few mins later, the three guys came back that they paid the young man 6.5 million to buy the tractor and he brought them there. They said my friends dad was part of the scam and asked him to produce the guy they paid to. The old man has never met the said guy before. That was how they called the police and arrested him. They said he's an accomplice.

My friend just came back from the police station in tears. He said the DPO slapped his Dad in his presence. They are asking him to produce his accomplice whom he has never met before.

Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by tellwisdom: 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
So you cannot help the man with your pointed breeeast? sad
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by iboboyswag(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
Krisgift:

mynd44
OAM4J...please help me move this to the Front Page.

Tell him to calmdown. At the most Monday, he would be granted bail. Whether he is in or not, tell your friends father not to ever change his narrative.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by francisbarrack(m): 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
Write to different blogs n news papers.
Secondly get a competent lawyer

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by KingGBsky(m): 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
tellwisdom:
So you cannot help the man with your pointed breeeast? sad

Guy wait! wetin be your problem?
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by jamex93(m): 11:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
hmm... see gobe
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by Vickiweezy(m): 3:44am On Feb 25, 2017
Na beta wahala be this.
Make una start to dey arrange him things wey him go pack go jail. Not hating... Just saying what will happen eventually. Police no get time to hear anything.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by rifasenate11(m): 3:51am On Feb 25, 2017
you can ask your friend to go to Human rights commission , they will give him an excellent lawyer for free.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by Krisgift(f): 7:40am On Feb 25, 2017
greatnaija01:
well you need to keep praying for your friends aged father... but the PUNISHMENT that police will get is going to be like FAMILY CURSE. CHAI... slap a man old enough to be their father.

Thank you.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by Krisgift(f): 7:43am On Feb 25, 2017
rifasenate11:
you can ask your friend to go to Human rights commission , they will give him an excellent lawyer for free.

He's based in Umuahia. I don't know where or how to search for human rights commission over here. I will look in the net. thank you.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by Krisgift(f): 7:45am On Feb 25, 2017
Vickiweezy:
Na beta wahala be this.
Make una start to dey arrange him things wey him go pack go jail. Not hating... Just saying what will happen eventually. Police no get time to hear anything.

I'm sure if it were a family member of yours, you won't give up. we are not going to loose hope. thanks though.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by Vickiweezy(m): 8:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Krisgift:

I'm sure if it were a family member of yours, you won't give up. we are not going to loose hope. thanks though.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Please Help! My Friends Aged Father Was Arrested By The Police. by ray48: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2017
It is only in Nigeria dat this kind of rubbish can happen. This issue has nothing at all to do with ur friend's father unless u re not giving us the full jist of the story. When the guy brought his friends to inspect the tractor, did those people tell ur friends father that they are making payment or have even paid for the tractor? Even d people that made payment without proper verifications are also suspect? How can u make payment for an agricultural equipment that you did not thoroughly and physically investigate very well as to whether it is even moving at all.
I also assume dat they have other workers in the company. Why didn't the people that paid for the tractor go inside the company to also make inquiries. The whole scenario is very fishy. Your friends father has no case at all unless there is more to the story you are telling us.

(1) (Reply)

A Reply To Roberts Lindsay's Assessment Of Nigerians​.. / VIDEO Of Petrol Tanker Driver Cooking Inside The Tanker Goes Viral! / Black Sunday In Anambra As Gunmen Kill Worshipers In Catholic Church Massacre (p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.