Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (875482 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Wolecypher: 5:21pm On May 06, 2017
Eraytee:

I don't really understand that question, are you talking of ur initial deposit to the school or the requirement of IRCC? If its the latter you just have to wait for further instructions from IRCC since you have submitted your application.
OK bro. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by HarveySpecter1: 5:54pm On May 06, 2017
Osemigho:

Ok. Your reply is not to me. However, it caught my attention and I feel I am should tell you little I have read about. No personal experience.

Congrats on your PR once again. But does this quoted message of yours mean you won't attend your program again? If yes, I will advise you think twice, except you will later go for another program your heart truly desire.

Why? I have read that most PR candidate land in canada but do menial jobs, because their university degrees are unknown to Canadian employers. So, they work, with no restrictions, and study to get Canadian certs. After getting a canadian cert do they mostly get a reasonable job.

Since you have an admission and PR, I will advise you explore both with good plans, so you can get a good job soon.

Please note that all I said are best on my reading on the internet. No personal or relative experience. I have never left the shores of Nigeria. So, I may be wrong.

Bro osemigbo , you are very intelligent and wise. I have read this several times as an advice to imigrants going to Canada. Nice advice.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 6:07pm On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:
.i believe in destiny, may God guide us all in the right path of our destiny

Amen. All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Feistyoly: 6:11pm On May 06, 2017
Hi, good evening everyone. Please I'll like to be guided on some areas pertaining to obtaining Canadian student visa.

I'm interested in doing my LLM in Canada and I would appreciate some suggestions as to Universities, their requirements and tuition range and also the whole process of applying for visa and the documents I would need.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olatuns2017: 6:43pm On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:

Nothing change, I had travel history before I think the VO was high while review the app

I wonder why travel history for student...
VO denied me because travel history and purpose of study last year..
I planned to re apply in july 2017...BUT I av not travel o

what is your advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 6:50pm On May 06, 2017
You have to make your documents a single document by merging them. you can do this here https://www.pdfmerge.com/
Michaelbay:
hello guru's please how do i pay my tuition fee? CBN keep rejecting my Form A through my sponsor acct saying they busy with 2016/17 process and please what did you guys mean by SOP? i also try to apply online but the attach space to add my sponsor statement of account details can only contain one attach document
which i have more than 6 pages to attach please kindly help on this info . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 6:53pm On May 06, 2017
Google is your best friend in this matter
Feistyoly:
Hi, good evening everyone. Please I'll like to be guided on some areas pertaining to obtaining Canadian student visa.

I'm interested in doing my LLM in Canada and I would appreciate some suggestions as to Universities, their requirements and tuition range and also the whole process of applying for visa and the documents I would need.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 6:58pm On May 06, 2017
olatuns2017:

what is your advise

Your travel history doesn't really mata, but if u 've it, it count..d May reason is purpose of visit ( which can b course, gaps or work experience not in line with current program in canada ).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eanionz(m): 7:03pm On May 06, 2017
Good evening all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eanionz(m): 7:05pm On May 06, 2017
Feistyoly:

Thanks a lot.

Welcome to this thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:

i believe in destiny, may God guide us all in the right path of our destiny
sir a hearty congratulations from me2u. I can't see this good news of yours without logging in.
I love that word,''i believe in destiny''. no be by manpower.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 7:30pm On May 06, 2017
Feistyoly:

Thanks a lot.

step1 Start from here:

Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Calgary, Alberta
Master of Laws (LLM)
Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia
Master of Laws (LLM)
McGill University, Quebec
Master of Laws (LLM)
Queen's University, Ontario
Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Alberta, Alberta
Master of Laws LLM
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan
Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Manitoba, Manitoba
LLM - Master of Law
University of Victoria, British Columbia
Master of Laws (LLM)
Western University, Ontario
LLM, MRP Research Stream
York University, Ontario
LLM, Research Stream
York University, Ontario
Master of Laws (LLM) (Vancouver)
University of British Columbia, British Columbia
Master of Laws (LLM - Common Law)

Step2 is after u get ur admission ( Visa Documents Requirements ) success

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 06, 2017
Travel history is never a yardstick for visa refusal as long as study is involved. a VO may tick that or not if he/she sees other reason(s) to refuse you visa. Travel history on the other hand may be a plus to your application when a VO is skeptical about issuing you visa or not, every other things being equal. However some who had travelled round also received travel history on their refusal letters.

cc:olatuns2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Feistyoly: 7:53pm On May 06, 2017
willyboss:
Google is your best friend in this matter
I've actually searched online and I'm still searching but I also need first hand information from people who have actually gone through the process and I felt I could get that here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 7:54pm On May 06, 2017
mcobex:
from my calculation her tuition fee plus living expenses should be around #4.3mil so she is good to go. secondly she needs to include her statement of account as well
thanks ......God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Feistyoly: 7:55pm On May 06, 2017
Eanionz:

Welcome to this thread
Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 7:58pm On May 06, 2017
Austinpee4:

Firstly, avoid any money lodgement that does not reflect your average income or have an untraceable source.

Secondly, there is a standard requirement for each study permit applicant which is the equivalent of your first year tuition + first year living expenses in the amount of 10,000CAD. Do your conversions and then you will estimate how much of naira will be sufficient.

Lastly, it is now NOT enough to show funds in naira equivalent.Study permit applicants have been greeted with a recent development from IRCC making sure funds are aready in canada or assurances from your financial institution that required funds will be exported to canada. This is now the reality towards an application being approved.

So give consideration to the above stated and get guidance.
thank you sir,God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SamReinvented: 8:01pm On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:

Thanks bro.... i wont be going again the main mission has been achieved.
we can relate better....just PM

I just want to say that, behaviours such as this from Nigerians is what eventually complicates issues for other Nigerians. An increase in cases of Nigerians cancelling their schooling after getting PR for example, will only lead to an increased difficulty for Nigerians on student visas to get PR approval. Just see what has happened with TRVs, waiting long months when other nationals get their visas in days. We really should do better. Even if we know we are not genuine, we should try not to do things that will make our ingenuity obvious enough to jeopardize future chances of our Nigerian fellows, or even future generations.

Congrats all the same bro.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Feistyoly: 8:04pm On May 06, 2017
nelly28:

step1 Start from here:

Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Calgary, Alberta
Master of Laws (LLM)
Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia
Master of Laws (LLM)
McGill University, Quebec
Master of Laws (LLM)
Queen's University, Ontario
Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Alberta, Alberta
Master of Laws LLM
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan
Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Manitoba, Manitoba
LLM - Master of Law
University of Victoria, British Columbia
Master of Laws (LLM)
Western University, Ontario
LLM, MRP Research Stream
York University, Ontario
LLM, Research Stream
York University, Ontario
Master of Laws (LLM) (Vancouver)
Master of Laws (LLM - Common Law)

Step2 is after u get ur admission ( Visa Documents Requirements ) success

Thanks a mill. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:21pm On May 06, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Osemigho , ....... Nice advice.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 8:25pm On May 06, 2017
Please can someone that has submitted still pay tuition and mail Accra with the receipt to add to his or her documents?

Just wondering......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 8:39pm On May 06, 2017
SamReinvented:

I just want to say that, behaviours such as this from Nigerians is what eventually complicates issues for other Nigerians. An increase in cases of Nigerians cancelling their schooling after getting PR for example, will only lead to an increased difficulty for Nigerians on student visas to get PR approval. Just see what has happened with TRVs, waiting long months when other nationals get their visas in days. We really should do better. Even if we know we are not genuine, we should try not to do things that will make our ingenuity obvious enough to jeopardize future chances of our Nigerian fellows, or even future generations.

Guys abeg I don't understand this quote. Please what is the essence of schooling in Canada?. The end result has been achieved then wat else?... This guy will end up paying as low as 3k for fees if he choose to study further. I believe the main objective is to get PR.. Mehn, if u go to Canada and come back without PR den people will ask you wat u really went dere to do.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 06, 2017
kennynelcon:
Check Brandon University, I'm sure they accept NECO
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Arcayo: 9:30pm On May 06, 2017
olatuns2017:

what is your advise
Take care of purpose of visit, the VO just ticked travel history so that it wont be only one reason

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Arcayo: 9:47pm On May 06, 2017
SamReinvented:

can you tell me/the forum the main reason you are going to Canada to study? is it to study and come back? i have been working for the past 13years, should i tell you what am earning? can you compare a diploma holder in Canada with 13years of experience with me? for your information if you didn't understand my post am not going with study visa am moving out with permanent resident visa, if i like i can enroll to grade 1.
NEXT TIME READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU WRITE.
I dont think you want to go to Canada to study and pay millions of naira and will not work on how you will get your PR...... i beg come back and start earning N100K MONTHLY you go compare am to wetin you dey pay for accommodation/utility bills monthly for canny.
FEEL FREE TO ATTACK ME IF YOU DONT WANT PR AFTER YOUR STUDIES

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2017
@arcayo Congrats Nice 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CaptainCanny: 10:39pm On May 06, 2017
Feistyoly:

Thanks a lot.

Congratulation on your intent to pursue your LLM in Canada. I will advise you read the pages of this thread from Part 10 the present Part 12. Thereafter, if you still have questions, the beautiful people on this thread will gladly assist you at no cost. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yamen21(m): 10:44pm On May 06, 2017
Guys good evening. My school resumes on Monday and I'm yet to hear from CIC. Advise please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 06, 2017
if some of us had choices, requirements, resources, patience, the knowledge and means, we may have chosen to go for permanent resident (PR) route than study route. the PR @Acrayo would have also done after wasting Int'l fees & for tuition was what he patiently waited for 8/9months to process and get from naija and which when he ''ports'' to Canada and still decides to school, he pays tuition as a domestic student and no longer as an int'l student while simultaneously working without restriction. I think before anyone comes to counter, he/she should be knowledgeable enough before displaying naiveness. na me and you wey go pay huge int'l fees na e OYIBO MAGA! if you go to Canada without PR at the end, na mistake you did applying to Canada initially unless you have a big paying job to come back to after your mere PGD/PGC.

Congrats sir..na wise man you be!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 10:47pm On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:

can you tell me/the forum the main reason you are going to Canada to study? is it to study and come back? i have been working for the past 13years, should i tell you what am earning? can you compare a diploma holder in Canada with 13years of experience with me? for your information if you didn't understand my post am not going with study visa am moving out with permanent resident visa, if i like i can enroll to grade 1.
NEXT TIME READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU WRITE.
I dont think you want to go to Canada to study and pay millions of naira and will not work on how you will get your PR...... i beg come back and start earning N100K MONTHLY you go compare am to wetin you dey pay for accommodation/utility bills monthly for canny.
FEEL FREE TO ATTACK ME IF YOU DONT WANT PR AFTER YOUR STUDIES

Baba Congrats o. I dey envy u sef. Maybe the guy doesn't understand how it works. I 4 spend N20k do masters 4 naija if I no fit get PR after studying in Canada. People will question you on PURPOSE OF VISIT if u still come back naija dey hustle after studies.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 10:52pm On May 06, 2017
1soul:
Please can someone that has submitted still pay tuition and mail Accra with the receipt to add to his or her documents?

Just wondering......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 10:56pm On May 06, 2017
No

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.