Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876427 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 7:31pm On May 21, 2017
My brother,
Seriously they take that long sometimes. At the moment, my application has been reviewed by my department. (Rehabilitation Science) at the university of Western Ontario. They told me it will be reviewed on 11th may, and they did. However, they are going about concluding on funding plans. Cos in my program, u don't get admitted in Ontario if they wouldn't give u funding. So, I have to wait till dey reply me. My advise. U may write the department or the school of grad studies enquiring on the status of ur application. But am sure they are still reviewing. So chill boss.
vikmeek:
Good Day Guys.

I'v been following up on all comments and reply, I have really gained a lot. My case is I am still waiting for my admission offer from the Universities I applied to for an M.Eng (U of Ottawa and U of Alberta). 2017 fall

For U of Alberta I submitted on the 15th of Dec '16 but my app was complete around 26th of Jan cos of delay from my referree . Does University of Alberta take this long in giving offers.

I applied for Elect Elect M.Eng, My cgpa is 4.06, I have 1yr work experience in Telecomms which is my area of interest.

I'm beginning to get worried cos time is running out having in mind the big one which is Visa application. I can only hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 8:23pm On May 21, 2017
maziude:

Done.

Saw it.... You're a good man.

Seems i always have something to ask in this forum.

E'joor..... Is it necessary to notarize a photocopied document if you are sending the original along side with it? I am asking for paper route submission.

2ndly, what are the original document to include in the paper route submission Aside you Int'l Passport

3rdly, for September school session, when is the last possible date of submission of study visa application, to still stand a chance of getting the study permit ready before school resumption.

Maziude, and other gurus, please attend to these queries for me.

Thank you guys and keep up the good work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2017
glozzy87:
House,based on my application at 30,I received email stating that my application has been processed and forwarded to Accra. Please I need to hear from you to know if I stand a chance or withdraw my passport and the tuition

I really don't know what the content of your S.O.P is and even if you submitted any.
Likewise, I don't know what you've explained in the space of your study gap, but I smell "purpose of visit" in this app.
Anyway, Goodluck to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kof99: 9:36pm On May 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm a new member... I submitted my application on the 9th of March via online route, did biometrics the next day. But I've not heard anything from them.They've sent mail like 2ce that there's no update yet. I've also checked my account, nothing too.
So my question is this: does it usually take this long for a feedback? Or is there someone here that submitted similarly to mine or paper route and has gotten a response? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by rinw: 10:32pm On May 21, 2017
I sent you a pm
amnotapervert:
you are not alone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mandoy(m): 10:52pm On May 21, 2017
Kof99:
Hi everyone, I'm a new member... I submitted my application on the 9th of March via online route, did biometrics the next day. But I've not heard anything from them.They've sent mail like 2ce that there's no update yet. I've also checked my account, nothing too.
So my question is this: does it usually take this long for a feedback? Or is there someone here that submitted similarly to mine or paper route and has gotten a response? Thank you

same here to bro, it's taking like forever
no update yet as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 11:02pm On May 21, 2017
ifekayodee:
Hello guys, has any1 here heard from Uni Waterloo or Uni WesternOntario??... I actually applied to both schls since Dec and m yet 2 get a feedback from them.
What course did you apply for at UWaterloo and what type of program, is it masters or Bachelors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 11:54pm On May 21, 2017
how do i pay the application fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:43am On May 22, 2017
ifekayodee:
Hello guys, has any1 here heard from Uni Waterloo or Uni WesternOntario??... I actually applied to both schls since Dec and m yet 2 get a feedback from them.

Just heard back from UWO on Friday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dipsy94: 6:28am On May 22, 2017
Good morning guys,

I have applied for my second masters in Applied Heath Services Research in University of New Brunswick. I had my first masters in forensic psychology and I did my undergraduate in Psychology.

The problems are:
1) I haven't heard from the univeristy as to the outcome of my application.
2) will doing a second masters raise a red fly? (I mean in terms of visa application, if I happen to get the admission by the grace of God)
Note: I applied for a second masters because my first masters was just for one year, and some schools I applied for a PhD rejected me, because they didn't consider my one year masters deeply research-intensive.
Why Applied Heath Services Research? You may ask. , I have been doing some voluntary work (through my NYSC CDS group) in a health related sector, so I developed interest and decided to apply for the course. Also I feel it's related to psychology somehow grin I mean, psychology deals with human behaviour and mental health, then health services research deals with an interdisciplinary approach to healthcare, mental health and community health. Ok I'm talking too much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifekayodee(m): 8:09am On May 22, 2017
RealObserver:

What course did you apply for at UWaterloo and what type of program, is it masters or Bachelors.

Msc Financial Mathematics at UWaterloo, av u heard from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifekayodee(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2017
poesy:

Just heard back from UWO on Friday.
Pls wah course did u applied for, they ain't even responding 2 my mails..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifekayodee(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2017
samjumbo:
My brother,
Seriously they take that long sometimes. At the moment, my application has been reviewed by my department. (Rehabilitation Science) at the university of Western Ontario. They told me it will be reviewed on 11th may, and they did. However, they are going about concluding on funding plans. Cos in my program, u don't get admitted in Ontario if they wouldn't give u funding. So, I have to wait till dey reply me. My advise. U may write the department or the school of grad studies enquiring on the status of ur application. But am sure they are still reviewing. So chill boss.

Alrighhh then..They r meant 2 send admission notice since April and May is almost ending already..I'll send another mail hoewva, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 8:18am On May 22, 2017
dipsy94:
Good morning guys,

I have applied for my second masters in Applied Heath Services Research in University of New Brunswick. I had my first masters in forensic psychology and I did my undergraduate in Psychology.

The problems are:
1) I haven't heard from the univeristy as to the outcome of my application.
2) will doing a second masters raise a red fly? (I mean in terms of visa application, if I happen to get the admission by the grace of God)
Note: I applied for a second masters because my first masters was just for one year, and some schools I applied for a PhD rejected me, because they didn't consider my one year masters deeply research-intensive.
Why Applied Heath Services Research? You may ask. , I have been doing some voluntary work (through my NYSC CDS group) in a health related sector, so I developed interest and decided to apply for the course. Also I feel it's related to psychology somehow grin I mean, psychology deals with human behaviour and mental health, then health services research deals with an interdisciplinary approach to healthcare, mental health and community health. Ok I'm talking too much.
If you can explain with a good SOP then the VO might consider you. Btw I know it's quite difficult to get PhD admission with one year masters degree, however I would also advice you to spend more time developing yourself, try and partner with a professor in Nigeria to get a paper published. Read more about researchers in your chosen field before contacting them. I don't think one year masters is a problem, if you have a good research record you stand a chance of getting PhD offer.
All the best bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kof99: 8:21am On May 22, 2017
Mandoy:

same here to bro, it's taking like forever
no update yet as well

Really? Good to know I'm not the only one. Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dipsy94: 8:24am On May 22, 2017
judebebo32:

If you can explain with a good SOP then the VO might consider you. Btw I know it's quite difficult to get PhD admission with one year masters degree, however I would also advice you to spend more time developing yourself, try and partner with a professor in Nigeria to get a paper published. Read more about researchers in your chosen field before contacting them. I don't think one year masters is a problem, if you have a good research record you stand a chance of getting PhD offer.
All the best bro.

Thanks a lot. I'm a sis though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dipsy94: 8:27am On May 22, 2017
judebebo32:

All the best bro.

Thanks alot. Yes I've a back up plan of taking up a lecturing job in my undergrad university after my NYSC. But I still pray the Canadian stuff works out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kpukpuyenke: 9:21am On May 22, 2017
Please what does it mean when they said
"Your application has been dispatched to the application centre"
Without medical
Hmmmmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2017
ifekayodee:

Msc Financial Mathematics at UWaterloo, av u heard from them

Yes I heard from them less than 6 weeks after I applied, though mine was systems design engineering. A friend of mine write them two months after he applied and they replied him within that same week. So try and write your program co-ordinaror, they respond to mails within 2 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:40am On May 22, 2017
kpukpuyenke:

Without medical

Hmmmmm
Most likely a refused application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 10:43am On May 22, 2017
Hello guys I need help on how to open a Canadian student account,I called my friend in Canada to help me with opening an account overthere and he said he is not sure if that,s possible..

I told him I got that info from these forum that it could be done and he said I should ask how?

Please anyone with idea should help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 11:37am On May 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

Most likely a refused application.

Please when did you applied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 11:39am On May 22, 2017
[quote author=kpukpuyenke post=56758390]Please what does it mean when they said

Without medical

Hmmmmm[/quote

When did you apply and what type of visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 12:11pm On May 22, 2017
Kpukpuyeke
That is a denial application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 12:14pm On May 22, 2017
Yes ooooo I have been offered admission to study business administration in university of Regina. ...am looking for a sponsor

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 22, 2017
kpukpuyenke:

Without medical

Hmmmmm
I am sorry but it's definitely refusal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kunsoft(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2017
Hello Guys
Please i need IELTS Materials
Anybody can help

kumuyiduro@gmail.com

Many Thanks

Olakunle
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 12:29pm On May 22, 2017
i want to apply for trv online...can i use my friend's debit card details who is based in london to pay??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 22, 2017
ifekayodee:

Pls wah course did u applied for, they ain't even responding 2 my mails..

MA (FIMS faculty) but it was only in my online profile. Expecting the proper admission letter today - Time difference and all. No word from Ottawa yet. Maybe we're on a supplementary list kind of situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 12:32pm On May 22, 2017
pls i need somebody to assist me with trv online payment oooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 22, 2017
Kunsoft:
Hello Guys
Please i need IELTS Materials
Anybody can help

kumuyiduro@gmail.com

Many Thanks

Olakunle
ielts.net and ieltsbuddy.com and youtube practice and you would be good to face the exam hot-seat in airconditioner

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.