Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,785 members, 7,806,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876171 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lagosrd: 8:36am On May 29, 2017
bayocanny:

Yes some school wave English test. Bro, I won't give u sh*t make sure your undergraduate program correlate with your intending program

Thanks so much man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 8:57am On May 29, 2017
oluwaCanny:
Updated on 28th May, 2017. Please update the house as much as possible and to the silent readers and followers you are also included grin grin grin wink thanks
@Rocorleone please add your School. @DeCrystal1 please add your course and or level of study(eg,UG, pgc, masters etc. ) thanks

General science, UG
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 9:02am On May 29, 2017
Morning all. Pls add, Idowu3080 April 21 MA History MUN, Paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by shollayma247: 9:15am On May 29, 2017
bayocanny:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/
Hello please is it after you have gotten a university you can now fill this form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mabs16: 9:32am On May 29, 2017
Mabs16:

Pls house
*how can I respond to point of personal asset n financial status raised on my rejection letter?

*I didn't disclose in my previous app dat I have relatives in canada. Will it raise a reg flag if I disclose it in my new application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amii131(f): 9:34am On May 29, 2017
bayocanny:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/

Thank u so much bayocanny so many forms there which of them am I to fill for Canadian studies visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by williams552: 9:40am On May 29, 2017
Hello guys, I have applied for a school and i have funds in my account(I'll be 18 by August but my late dad opened an Account for me before his demise,which states 21yo), I have enough funds to cover my tuition but my question is, Do i present my own SOA with the fixed sum in my account or i shud rather use a sponsor, I fear CBN might verify the and discover the age on my Visa app is different from that on my account Or I'm i just stressing unnecessarily... Someone please suggest somthing, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifeezike: 9:57am On May 29, 2017
maziude:
Anyone heading to ottawa this fall?

I am oh. Waiting for my permit. Fingers crossed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 11:03am On May 29, 2017
Please anyone heading to Windsor, Ontario this fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2017
Edilanco:
Please anyone heading to Windsor, Ontario this fall?
yes you are not alone mail me at amnotapervert@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 12:18pm On May 29, 2017
shollayma247:

Hello please is it after you have gotten a university you can now fill this form?
You must have been given a provisional admission in one of canadian universities or colleges before you can fill those forms.
You will fill the IMM forms in the course of your visa processing, it is part of the documents you will submit for your study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 12:22pm On May 29, 2017
amii131:

Thank u so much bayocanny so many forms there which of them am I to fill for Canadian studies visa
Here are the forms you will need to fill
*study permit
*family information
*questionnaires
Have forgot the fourth one. For easy clarification here are the forms you will download
IMM 1294E
IMM 5257E
IMM 5483E
IMM 5645E
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 12:31pm On May 29, 2017
Hello guys,
Update as regards my TRV application. I have been able to buy a bank draft of $10,000 CAD(that is for living expenses for the first academic year) with the help of my brother in Canada...And i just sent the bank draft and my tuition receipt to CIC as per the their latest request. Does any1 have an idea how long it will take for them to reply me abeg cos i dn tire for the whole matter.... 8 months already since i applied. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 29, 2017
pls can I use microfinance Bank account as my sponsor statement of account?quote author=bayocanny post=56986568]
*study permit
*family information
*questionnaires
Have forgot the fourth one. For easy clarification here are the forms you will download
IMM 1294E
IMM 5257E
IMM 5483E
IMM 5645E
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:28pm On May 29, 2017
Abiodunne:
Hello guys,
Update as regards my TRV application. I have been able to buy a bank draft of $10,000 CAD(that is for living expenses for the first academic year) with the help of my brother in Canada...And i just sent the bank draft and my tuition receipt to CIC as per the their latest request. Does any1 have an idea how long it will take for them to reply me abeg cos i dn tire for the whole matter.... 8 months already since i applied. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Nice one! Right now, you shouldn't be worried again about when they will respond to you. Your patience of 8 months need national award! It 'fidn't easy!

Since you've delivered on their request, expect the big smile from you anytime soon!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 1:35pm On May 29, 2017
Abiodunne:
Hello guys,

Whao!!!!!! Congrats in advance bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 2:19pm On May 29, 2017
pepe4reps:
pls can I use microfinance Bank account as my sponsor statement of account?quote author=bayocanny post=56986568]
*study permit
*family information
*questionnaires
IMM 1294E
IMM 5257E
IMM 5483E
IMM 5645E
I think someone have used it in the past..you can use it as well if the bank is a registered one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BeansAndBread(m): 2:47pm On May 29, 2017
Hello house,

I've applied at Uwaterloo, UBC, Queen' University and University of Calgary for M.eng. I have a cgpa of 3.85.
My uncle(not an uncle per se, but he's very close to our family, he's like a junior bro to my dad) and his family are permanent residents.

My questions are:

1. Do schools in Canada consider last 2years for engineering?

2. What can my uncle influence, can he help me in anyway?

Besides, he stays in Calgary.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by irohak: 2:54pm On May 29, 2017
Thanks so much I have been able to fill the forms properly and the barcodes generated.
But please one more thing , my chosen programme will only last for one year and six months. I don't intend to travel with my wife and kids.so, I'm wondering if I actually need to fill out the Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Senatorkolade: 3:08pm On May 29, 2017
Has anyone gotten a bank letter and the CBN circular for the new Canadian Study permit requirement for Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 3:13pm On May 29, 2017
Hello guys,I intend to submit my application by paper route and someone told me that for paper application all the documents to be submitted would be the original copies.pls I Wil like to know if these information is true.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 3:14pm On May 29, 2017
BeansAndBread:
Hello house,

I've applied at Uwaterloo, UBC, Queen' University and University of Calgary for M.eng. I have a cgpa of 3.85.
My uncle(not an uncle per se, but he's very close to our family, he's like a junior bro to my dad) and his family are permanent residents.

My questions are:

1. Do schools in Canada consider last 2years for engineering?

2. What can my uncle influence, can he help me in anyway?

Besides, he stays in Calgary.
boss...those schools you applied to are wonderful and very competitive...UBC requires a 4.00/5.00 from nigerian applicants.
1) they do consider your last two years....i believe your last two years should be very heavy(as pe GPA things)
2) your uncle can be of help in terms of providing you with tuition fees or living expenses. your uncle must show proof of relationship with you, reliable source of income and number of dependants.
i would prefer you use your parents alone if they have the bar available.
gurus in the house over to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Odinwa(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2017
Hello house, last year I got admission into Conestoga college and applied for Trv but it got denied based on controversial grounds (but I know it's cos of pgd or pgc. The embassy prioritize msc And phd to other degrees).
Please I need advice now, I want to apply for another admission. Should I go for same pgd or I should be going for msc straight (considering I have a cgpa of 3.37 and you guys know how difficult it is to get masters admission with such gp)?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 29, 2017
pepe4reps:
For easy clarification here are the forms you will download
IMM 1294E
IMM 5257E
IMM 5483E
IMM 5645E

Which one is IMM 5257E? Can't see any mention of it on the cic page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:59pm On May 29, 2017
irohak:
Thanks so much I have been able to fill the forms properly and the barcodes generated.
But please one more thing , my chosen programme will only last for one year and six months. I don't intend to travel with my wife and kids.so, I'm wondering if I actually need to fill out the Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
Since you are LEGALLY married, you do not need to fill the declaration form. It is actually for people who are not married but have been together in union as though they were married with some acceptable level of commitments.

In your case, you don't need it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:02pm On May 29, 2017
westgermany:
Hello guys,I intend to submit my application by paper route and someone told me that for paper application all the documents to be submitted would be the original copies.pls I Wil like to know if these information is true.
Only your offer letter(soft copy printout in coloured form is also accepted) , bank statements and any formal letter addressed to the embassy should be original. Other supporting documents are acceptable as photocopies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 29, 2017
AYOT12:
pls house help me look at dis file.
I got this from my agent
can this be real?
Did anybody get anything like this?
Pls can dis be fraud?Pls I need very urgent answer

Hello Ayo, please what did CIC say in the letter concerning your funding?
It would be helpful. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by irohak: 4:04pm On May 29, 2017
bayocanny:

Okay, once u filled the study permit form correctly click the "validate" button, five barcodes will automatically shown at the bottom of the form. Print out everything including the barcodes.

Bay, thanks so much. I have been able to fill the right former and have validated like you advised. Please one more thing. Do I need to fill the Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union? Do I also need to fill the Application for Visitor Visa.

Thanks bro for bringing me this far.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 29, 2017
Please did anybody submit their siblings' birth certificates or just their info on the family info form?
(Nobody is following me to cook o!)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 4:19pm On May 29, 2017
irohak:

Bay, thanks so much. I have been able to fill the right former and have validated like you advised. Please one more thing. Do I need to fill the Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union? Do I also need to fill the Application for Visitor Visa.

Thanks bro for bringing me this far.
You don't need to fill Application for visitor visa. As a Study Permit applicant you are required to fill the following forms
IMM 1294E
IMM 5257E
IMM 5483E
IMM 56452
I Hope u get it now, if not, let me know so as to deal with you proper lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 4:20pm On May 29, 2017
poesy:
Please did anybody submit their siblings' birth certificates or just their info on the family info form?
(Nobody is following me to cook o!)
It is not necessary since you already filled it in family info form..you are good to go bro
Cross-check your documents once again tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 4:23pm On May 29, 2017
Senatorkolade:
Has anyone gotten a bank letter and the CBN circular for the new Canadian Study permit requirement for Nigeria.
Nawa for CIC o

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.