Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,603 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (875286 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:19am On Jun 07, 2017
MeinKampf:

Someone please answer
If there is any need to contact your employer, there certainly will. Nobody can say if the contact employers as a routine or not.

When i applied for mine, my employers were not contacted. Apparently, there was no need to. Just make sure the contact address of your employer is valid and reachable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2017
iseise:

The phone number is not going through
There is an option of 'CHAT with an operator'on their webpage. You can use that option as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by OGIYEN: 10:43am On Jun 07, 2017
Try the Express Entry route,check CIC page
vikmeek:
Hello Guyz,

I'm still scouting for Admission o, I need some help on some Unis I can apply to for easy acceptance.

I did ELECT ELECT, 4.06 CGPA, 4.14 LAST 2yrs, 1+ yrs work experience.

Also I applied to U of Ottawa since.Feb., this yr, up till now, I have not gotten any feedback.

Please Help guyz, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Raycupid: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2017
Please i need help, I'm about to apply for visa against a September term, but the issue is that I'm 23 a graduate of mech Engr and just finshed my NYSC By april and currently unemployed..... Please what should i use as my home tie and also considering the fact that my dad is based outside the country, does that have a negative effect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michaelbay: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2017
NAH WAHOO ERROR ON CIC WEBSITE THEY'RE BUSY RRESOLVING ISSUES. BABA GOD NAH U O ABEG
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2017
CanadianNurse:
use 1.35 CAD to 1USD I just did the same yesterday

Thank You Nurse, How much were you able to transfer once from your Dorm acc.

My Bank said i can only transfer USD10,000.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by EJIZY: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2017
Please I have decided to use my Uncle as my sponsor however he is based in the UK, he wants to give me the documents for his house(he has 2 houses in the U.K), statement of salary accounts and affidavit for sponsorship. Please are these documents for the sponsor enough,bearing in mind that I have about 7m in my own account which covers my tuition for a year and the 10k living expenses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2017
pls anyone who can review my letter of intent for u of ottawa for master, pls quote me with ur email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Congrats @ kalohenic..all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
Start by addressing the lecturer with appropriate tittle e.g Dr,prof, etc. Introduce yourself. If you did not take the toef or any other state why eg you are from Nigeria English is the language of instruction ,u studied in English from primary school. State that u intend pursuing masters this or next year and after going through list of Supervisor and discovered his research work mainly focused on your interest. Tell him ever since your UG u have been interested in the said discipline. Say you read his article title... Which he authored or co authored with.... (Don't forgot to make reference) which he explained..... Tell him what you have been doing in that domain. Let him know you meet minimum eligibility requirements for international student s admission . let him know you are highly interested in working actively under his supervision. Attached transcript, CV, and any achievement in the domain tell him to kindly review and let you know if you are qualified. If you have any extra curricular activities in that domain pour out your involvement.

N B always make it short and captivating to capture the supervisor since you are not the only candidate. Send to many supervisor in less than no time you will get a positive respond.
Hope this helps.

Regards

lanrayx:
pls anyone who can point me to a sample of letter of intent

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
If it's international add country code. Hope it works

iseise:

The phone number is not going through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
BRANDYAK:
Start by addressing the lecturer with appropriate tittle e.g Dr,prof, etc. Introduce yourself. If you did not take the toef or any other state why eg you are from Nigeria English is the language of instruction ,u studied in English from primary school. State that u intend pursuing masters this or next year and after going through list of Supervisor and discovered his research work mainly focused on your interest. Tell him ever since your UG u have been interested in the said discipline. Say you read his article title... Which he authored or co authored with.... (Don't forgot to make reference) which he explained..... Tell him what you have been doing in that domain. Let him know you meet minimum eligibility requirements for international student s admission . let him know you are highly interested in working actively under his supervision. Attached transcript, CV, and any achievement in the domain tell him to kindly review and let you know if you are qualified. If you have any extra curricular activities in that domain pour out your involvement.

N B always make it short and captivating to capture the supervisor since you are not the only candidate. Send to many supervisor in less than no time you will get a positive respond.
Hope this helps.

Regards

thanks for your promp response, this is as a supporting document for admission

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by phemmzy96: 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
Gud day people!
I pray for all that u will testify of success.

Pls I av a question,
# which is d best, easier and preferable method of apply for study visa?
Online or by paper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smartlawyer: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
Update on my application:

Profile now showing - medical passed and biometrics completed.

Fingers crossed!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tobyharwe(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
If you go the online path you get to keep your documents, so if denied you can use them to reapply,

Its easier for the v.o to navigate through your app as it all in the system, no paper Mumbo-Jumbo.

You also get to keep your passport to yourself through the period your app is being reviewed until you are asked to submit it

If you work, you also don't need to sneak out of your workplace or get a permit to leave work premises. You simply do it yourself on the system.

Disadvantages(which has been surmounted times without number)
You may find it difficult to compress your docs within specified mb limit
You may find it difficult to make visa payment if you don't v a dorm acc.
You may have to wait a while to be called up for biometric as being experienced recently.

If you go the paper route;
In my opinion, you will find it easy and straight forward. No online technicality is involved

Note: whether online or paper, no peculiarities are involved, everyone gets a fair and equal chance. Time to review app is also the same, so here, machines don't make work faster or easier.

And I got this knowledge by reading through this forum...reference to evry1who has contributed here.

Have I missed it? Do you have a contrary opinion, pls feel free.

phemmzy96:
Gud day people!
I pray for all that u will testify of success.

Pls I av a question,
# which is d best, easier and preferable method of apply for study visa?
Online or by paper?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MeinKampf: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Austinpee4:

If there is any need to contact your employer, there certainly will. Nobody can say if the contact employers as a routine or not.

When i applied for mine, my employers were not contacted. Apparently, there was no need to. Just make sure the contact address of your employer is valid and reachable.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll like others to share theirs as regards CIC contacting their workplace. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
MeinKampf:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll like others to share theirs as regards CIC contacting their workplace. Thanks

Well so far I have not heard about CIC calling anyone's employer for any reason as regards getting study permit. I have heard that they call during PR applications.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by memstickk(f): 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2017
MeinKampf:

My employers were not contacted either. I believe the VO just works on the documents submitted to s/he. Except your employment documents dont add up, then the need to verify may arise. Otherwise, i don't think there's any need to be worried.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by memstickk(f): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
Any female in Carleton U. or headed there this fall? Please get in touch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Peaceful004: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
MeinKampf:

Please I need answer

I think its only during Express Entry applications they contact employers. I don't think they do for study permit. I feel they may contact though if your employer is your sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
Peaceful004:

I think its only during Express Entry applications they contact employers. I don't think they do for study permit. I feel they may contact though if your employer is your sponsor.
This is true.. If you employee is your sponsor, they certain will.. But if not, no worries pals. Unless if u have submitted the right docs perhaps. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kunsky3: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
drwrites:
Please any present Fanshawe college student(s) on the thread...kindly signify please, I quickly need to discuss a few things .

Am also a prospective student of fanshawe college..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Senatorkolade: 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
So if I get it right, Canadian High Commission is now asking all Nigerians seeking study permit to pay tuition fees.
Can somebody in this forum confirm that please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
Please I need you people help ....am using my uncle as a sponsored ...Please what are the requirements I will collect from help ......am applying for the first time .......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
Senatorkolade:
So if I get it right, Canadian High Commission is now asking all Nigerians seeking study permit to pay tuition fees.
Can somebody in this forum confirm that please?
Not true. People have gotten their visas recently without paying tuition. I think it depends on your application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
bbclue:
Please I need you people help ....am using my uncle as a sponsored ...Please what are the requirements I will collect from help ......am applying for the first time .......
1. Statement of account showing that he has enough money to sponsor you and also take care of his dependent(s)
2. Sponsorship letter
3. Any Proof that shows he is your uncle. Could be birth certificate, marriage certificate etc
4. Affidavit of sponsorship.
5. If he has assisted you in any way financially before, you can add the proof.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gracee101: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
BRANDYAK:
The one you uploaded using my number is OK. Please how did you upload documents because I reduce documents to one file and sent but got a mail today that only one of the can be found. How did you go about it. I used MS word

Am yet to do that's why i asked meanwhile browse on Google about merging files there's a way u can do that it will work out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Raycupid: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
Raycupid:
Please i need help, I'm about to apply for visa against a September term, but the issue is that I'm 23 a graduate of mech Engr and just finshed my NYSC By april and currently unemployed..... Please what should i use as my home tie and also considering the fact that my dad is based outside the country, does that have a negative effect?

Please i need reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lanrayx: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
pls i need someone who can help me review my letter of intent, i have done my research and come up with one pls any one, if u are in uottawa or have been admitted pls help me go through, ..i can pm u, just quote me.. i have to submit latest tomorrow, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
Raycupid:

Please i need reply
what about ur mum and siblings? does ur dad or mun have any asset here in nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Raycupid: 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
mcobex:
what about ur mum and siblings? does ur dad or mun have any asset here in nigeria?
They are all in Nigeria,they have few landed properties tho.... And the money for sponsorship is in my mums acct, but we specified it was a contribution from both parents as my mum is just a teacher
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by EJIZY: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
EJIZY:
Please I have decided to use my Uncle as my sponsor however he is based in the UK, he wants to give me the documents for his house(he has 2 houses in the U.K), statement of salary accounts and affidavit for sponsorship. Please are these documents for the sponsor enough,bearing in mind that I have about 7m in my own account which covers my tuition for a year and the 10k living expenses.

Someone should please respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.