Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876333 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2017
lordjayabs:

Please someone should answer me

Yes you can.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
@canadiannurse, shuoo, you never enter Cannyland yet ni?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
I don't really think so. When one is filling the web form, It is requested to fill where the visa is treated. I guess this is an indication for tracking purpose. What I don't understand is why these applications are not attended to.
Austinpee4:

That tracKing ID only shows where your biometric completion information is sent to be updated on your account and most likely where your TRV will also be issued when your study permit is approved. The study permit application(online) can either be processed in Lagos,abj or Ghana. Only paper applications are forwarded to Accra visa office for processing which will show the GHASTU code.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
DereI:
@canadiannurse, shuoo, you never enter Cannyland yet ni?
I'm waiting for you ooo, do fast and reapply, if you no enter I no DEY enter..... We must enter together ooo grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Twallace: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
PendD:
Good evening house,
a quick question. .....pls has anyone had a tracking ID that's ......CALASTU****1? and where is this gonna be processed since it's not bearing the Ghana code which looks like GHASTU****?

It appears the CALASTU applications are taking longer than the waiting periods. Pls, indicate if you have CALASTU application tracking code and have heard from IRCC feb/march/april/june applications (Online).

You can get this codes through the messages sent by vfs after biometrics.

Thanks for figuring this out. (so it is a kind of general problem?) My own is CALASTU too and I have not heard from them and I applied on March,

I have decided to order GCMS note if I did not hear from them by tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bronze25(f): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
Smartlawyer:
Good afternoon everyone,

Thank God for good news for those that already have their TRV applications approved and I pray that this week will be full of good news and testimonies for those that are still believing...

Just thought to ask if there is anyone heading for Queen's Uni or any school in Kingston, Ontario, this September.

Many thanks.

Sir pls reply your PM. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Vikfree: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
McOsheBaba:

Pls I want to apply to dalhousie University MEng have summited my application since last month but I want to payed my application fee. Can you help in a way I can pay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
Austinpee4:
Happy Sunday guys!

May this new week bring more good news of approvals, positive updates of our applications and ultimately give the hopefuls peace of mind! A great week ahead.

Hello Austinpee4, Osmeigho, Canadian nurse, jnywas02 and all other Gurus in the house.

From the information I got from several blogs and colleagues.

I was told that i have to apply for Visitor visa inorder to enroll into my ESl program. Which after completion of the program, I'm eligible to apply for a study permit within Canada without possibly going back to my country. This rule strictly apply to visitors going for ESL or short term program which is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate degree program.

I was told that i can't be given study permit for a short term pre-requisite program from here.

It's also noted on the cic website here number 3.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15

That visitors that completes a pre-requisite program or short term program is very much eligible to apply for study permit within without going back to their country to apply, while other visitors that never studied a short term program in Canada are to apply at Los Angeles.

Is Nigerians Al's eligible to change their status from Vistor visa to student visa after completion of short term program

Please I want to know if this information above is true.

Thank you as i hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
Frankrobbn1:
...I was told that i have to apply for Visitor visa inorder to enroll into my ESl program. Which after completion of the program, I'm eligible to apply for a study permit within Canada without possibly going back to my country. This rule strictly apply to visitors going for ESL or short term program which is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate degree program.

I was told that i can't be given study permit for...
While I am not a VO, it is extremely unlikely for a Nigerian to be given a visa for an ESL program. You are likely to be refused for "purpose of visit", particularly since you can study ESL in Nigeria or any other African country. It is almost unjustifiable to apply for a TRV or study permit with the premise of going for an ESL program. Not sure what convincing argument you can make to the VO for this purpose.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
thesoj:

While I am not a VO, it is extremely unlikely for a Nigerian to be given a visa for an ESL program. You are likely to be refused for "purpose of visit", particularly since you can study ESL in Nigeria or any other African country. It is almost unjustifiable to apply for a TRV or study permit with the premise of going for an ESL program. Not sure what convincing argument you can make to the VO for this purpose.

Thank you for your response Thesoj.
well i was given a conditional acceptance letter that's stated that after completion of ESL program, i can now gain a direct admission into my undergraduate degree program.

Do you mean if I should apply for a Visitor visa based on that I'm going for a family visit since my brother is a permanent residence of Canada and he sends me an invitation letter. When i get to Canada i can now enroll into my 12weeks Esl program after completion of the program then gain a direct admission. I can now apply for study permit within Canada.
Do you mean it's not possible, i won't be given study permit if i should do that?

please reply as soon as possible. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smartlawyer: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
wilihelmsG:
Yes, 17th of May(online).

Ok. Wish you the very best. Hopefully, we shall rock Kingston together!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hello house

Visa application, tracking ID No.*********** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA .To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

How long after approval will the passport be dispatched.??
I Just want my passport....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lordjayabs: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
DereI:

Yes you can.

Thank you for your reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ogheneese07: 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

Oh! I was thinking the one I saw was yours since the email came when you were quoting me. All the same, if you still have time say 3-4 days interval, then i can help. I have a lot on my plate at the moment. We also have very kind guys here who have been helping with SOP review, you may decided to reach any of them to help review yours if you don't have a lot of time and are at the verge of submitting your application.

Kind regards.
I'm not applying till September. 3-4 days is fine, thank you. Please reply my PM so I can send it to you. Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lordjayabs: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
Please can one do the police report certificate at any police state CID? Or it has got to be the one in Ikoyi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
lordjayabs:
Please can one do the police report certificate at any police state CID? Or it has got to be the one in Ikoyi

yes it has to be the one at Ikoyi Alagbon Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lordjayabs: 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

yes it has to be the one at Ikoyi Alagbon Lagos.

Thanks for the info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
Twallace:

Thanks for figuring this out. (so it is a kind of general problem?) My own is CALASTU too and I have not heard from them and I applied on March,

How can u order for gcms note when u file is still been processed? All u can do now is wait for cic to process or another option is u withdraw ur application, by doing so means denia. I will advise u wait to hear from cic and if ur application has exceeded the processing time then send them case enquiry mail or so then wait for their reply. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
Twallace:

How can u order for gcms note when u file is still been processed? All u can do now is wait for cic to process or another option is u withdraw ur application, by doing so means denia. I will advise u wait to hear from cic and if ur application has exceeded the processing time then send them case enquiry mail or so then wait for their reply. Best of luck .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2017
mcobex:
How can u order for gcms note when u file is still been processed? All u can do now is wait for cic to process or another option is u withdraw ur application, by doing so means denia. I will advise u wait to hear from cic and if ur application has exceeded the processing time then send them case enquiry mail or so then wait for their reply. Best of luck .

It's 100% possible, you can order for gcms file while your application is being processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
vanod:

It's 100% possible, you can order for gcms file while your application is being processed.
and after requesting it will the application still be processed or canceled?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Onyeoma3: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Smartlawyer:
Good afternoon everyone,

Thank God for good news for those that already have their TRV applications approved and I pray that this week will be full of good news and testimonies for those that are still believing...

Just thought to ask if there is anyone heading for Queen's Uni or any school in Kingston, Ontario, this September.

Many thanks.

Hello sir, congratulations on the approval of your TRV application. I also wish to congratulate all other successful applicants.

Please, feel free to send me a PM. I'm currently doing my graduate program at Queen’s and would be glad to assist you.

Sometimes, I find it challenging to respond to PMs, in which case you can drop your email address so I can get in touch with you.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
mcobex:

Will still be processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 5454Darese: 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
mcobex:
yea , might even lead to faster processing .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
vanod:

Will still be processed.
Wow! it's cool then. Just knowing that now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
5454Darese:
yea , might even lead to faster processing .
Cool then, thanks for clearing me on that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=wealth360 post=58781734][/quote]

Thanks baba. We all are going to rejoice finally.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good evening guys,
I sent an E-mail to IRCC concerning my application earlier today.. the mail was an indirect reminder to them..
they just replied now, saying that they'll attend to my application shortly..
I'm just hoping it will be positive

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
maralina:
Good evening guys,
I sent an E-mail to IRCC concerning my application earlier today.. the mail was an indirect reminder to them..
rejoice in advance sister..... Rejoice

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
#1. Did you apply online?
#2. Has your application exceeded normal processing time?
#3. Which email address did you send your inquiries To?
maralina:
Good evening guys,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you for your response Thesoj.
well i was given a conditional acceptance letter that's stated that after completion of ESL program, i can now gain a direct admission into my undergraduate degree program.

Do you mean if I should apply for a Visitor visa based on that I'm going for a family visit since my brother is a permanent residence of Canada and he sends me an invitation letter. When i get to Canada i can now enroll into my 12weeks Esl program after completion of the program then gain a direct admission. I can now apply for study permit within Canada.
Do you mean it's not possible, i won't be given study permit if i should do that?

please reply as soon as possible. thank you
Oh I think I better understand your question. You are not applying for a visa as an ESL (English as a Second Language) student. You are applying for a visitor visa to visit your brother, and then you intend to enroll in an ESL after which you'd apply for a study permit.

If you do receive the visitor visa, you can indeed enroll in an ESL program (or any other educational program less than 6 months).

I know that while on a visit visa to Canada you technically can apply for a Canada study permit (to a Canada Consulate somewhere in the US); I'm not sure if I'd recommend this option. It is up to you if you wanna go this path. Given that you would be applying while in Canada with your PR brother, you would need to make a very strong case to the VO for why they should issue you this visa. If I were the VO, I'd assume that it was your plan all along to not go back to Naija even before you applied for a visit visa.

Now as someone mentioned a few pages ago, it is indeed true that Nigerian citizen visa applicants are usually treated better when they are applying for a visa from a third country (assuming they are legal residents in said third country, e.g. on student visa, work visa, etc edited: not sure about applying while on a visiting visa though). Just keep in mind that your application may raise some red flags to the VO, given that you left Nigeria to visit your PR brother and upon reaching Canada decided to not go back home. This may create the impression that your intent was always to go to Canada and not return home.

It's a toss up. Your call. If you were my brother and your visit visa got approved, I'd advise you to use the visit visa to Canada, and then come back to Lagos to apply for a student visa. This act would show the VO that you respect the terms of your visa even though you have family ties to Canada.

My two cents. Once again, I am not a VO and every applicant is viewed differently by the VO, depending on the applicant's context.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
PendD:
#1. Did you apply online?
#2. Has your application exceeded normal processing time?
#3. Which email address did you send your inquiries To?
Yes dear I applied online
it has exceeded normal processing its about 18weeks now
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.