Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876353 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
CanadianNurse:
rejoice in advance sister..... Rejoice
Lol..
I'm rejoicing small small oo
until its approved, I will now rejoice big

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
@abiodunne, I think you should do same
maralina:
Good evening guys,
I sent an E-mail to IRCC concerning my application earlier today.. the mail was an indirect reminder to them..
they just replied now, saying that they'll attend to my application shortly..
I'm just hoping it will be positive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
please how does one know the stage cic is on ones application after linking the application online? i can see i passed medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
maralina:

Yes dear I applied online
it has exceeded normal processing its about 18weeks now
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

I can't stop asking why a VO will sit on an application for 18wks. So heartless and very unfair. Its more sad when you see/hear another applicant getting approval within 4-6 wks. These people should fear God and do the right thing. I even heard they don't spend more than 10 minutes on every application to make a decision whether to approve or reject. Its very unethical to generate an auto response as the main feedback for every applicants that complain about his or her application exceeding processing time. They even lie that they process application in the order at which they were received. I will suggest they should employ more staff if they are overwhelmed. Rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smartlawyer: 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
Onyeoma3:

Hello sir, congratulations on the approval of your TRV application. I also wish to congratulate all other successful applicants.

Please, feel free to send me a PM. I'm currently doing my graduate program at Queen’s and would be glad to assist you.

Sometimes, I find it challenging to respond to PMs, in which case you can drop your email address so I can get in touch with you.

Cheers!

Most grateful bro. God bless!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
thesoj:

Oh I think I better understand your question. You are not applying for a visa as an ESL (English as a Second Language) student. You are applying for a visitor visa to visit your brother, and then you intend to enroll in an ESL after which you'd apply for a study permit.

If you do receive the visitor visa, you can indeed enroll in an ESL program (or any other educational program less than 6 months).

I know that while on a visit visa to Canada you technically can apply for a Canada study permit (to a Canada Consulate somewhere in the US); I'm not sure if I'd recommend this option. It is up to you if you wanna go this path. Given that you would be applying while in Canada with your PR brother, you would need to make a very strong case to the VO for why they should issue you this visa. If I were the VO, I'd assume that it was your plan all along to not go back to Naija even before you applied for a visit visa.

Now as someone mentioned a few pages ago, it is indeed true that Nigerian citizen visa applicants are usually treated better when they are applying for a visa from a third country (assuming they are legal residents in said third country, e.g. on student visa, work visa, etc). Just keep in mind that your application may raise some red flags to the VO, given that you left Nigeria to visit your PR brother and upon reaching Canada decided to not go back home. This may create the impression that your intent was always to go to Canada and not return home.

It's a toss up. Your call. If you were my brother and your visit visa got approved, I'd advise you to use the visit visa to Canada, and then come back to Lagos to apply for a student visa. This act would show the VO that you respect the terms of your visa even though you have family ties to Canada.

My two cents. Once again, I am not a VO and every applicant is viewed differently by the VO, depending on the applicant's context.

Thank you so much Thesoj, you have indeed spoken well. Please i have some few more questions to ask you. Can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
In order to benefit others (and for other gurus to fact-check my answers), please ask your question(s) on here.
Also, due to time constraints I am unable to respond to most PMs at this time.

Do you have travel history to any OECD country (basically any country in western Europe, North America, Japan, Australia, etc)?
If so, then why not just get an unconditional admission and then apply directly for a student visa?
Why do you want to go the route of applying for a visit visa to see your brother as a path to getting a study permit?
Are you certain that it'd be easier to obtain for a visit visa to see your brother?
What is your current activity and when did you finish your last level of education?

Answering these questions may make it easier to help. If you've already answered these questions in the past, please paste the link here and I'll provide any additional thoughts. Thanks!
Frankrobbn1:
Thank you so much Thesoj, you have indeed spoken well. Please i have some few more questions to ask you. Can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Onyeoma3: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
Smartlawyer:

Most grateful bro. My email is... God bless!

My pleasure. Kindly remove your email address if you wish. I already sent you a message.

Unfortunately, my PM has not been working for sometime now up till this moment.

cc: mamacajah

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by omojehovah(m): 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
maralina:
Lol.. I'm rejoicing small small oo until its approved, I will now rejoice big
Boss I just sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
Onyeoma3:

My pleasure. Kindly remove your email address if you wish. I already sent you a message.

Unfortunately, my PM has not been working for sometime now up till this moment.

cc: mamacajah
@onyeoma3, I wished to ask some questions on Queen Mary university programs and funding. I am about applying for the MTEI program and wanted to find out information as well. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lonelyhrt(f): 12:39am On Jul 25, 2017
someone pls reply me its midnight here and am awake thinking alot

can someone have issues arriving at the poe 1week late for the issued studies visa commencing 5th septemeber? pls reply asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:45am On Jul 25, 2017
lonelyhrt:
someone pls reply me its midnight here and am awake thinking alot

can someone have issues arriving at the poe 1week late for the issued studies visa commencing 5th septemeber? pls reply asap
U won't have any issue with that, try and contact ur school if they allow students to resume after the resumption date. Most schools give 2 weeks after resumption grace for students to resume . So regarding immigration u won't have any issue entering 1 week after resumption
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 12:59am On Jul 25, 2017
thesoj:
In order to benefit others (and for other gurus to fact-check my answers), please ask your question(s) on here.
Also, due to time constraints I am unable to respond to most PMs at this time.

Do you have travel history to any OECD country (basically any country in western Europe, North America, Japan, Australia, etc)?
If so, then why not just get an unconditional admission and then apply directly for a student visa?
Why do you want to go the route of applying for a visit visa to see your brother as a path to getting a study permit?
Are you certain that it'd be easier to obtain for a visit visa to see your brother?
What is your current activity and when did you finish your last level of education?

Answering these questions may make it easier to help. If you've already answered these questions in the past, please paste the link here and I'll provide any additional thoughts. Thanks!

Thanks Thesoj,

Well I don't have any travel history. Still making use of my virgin passport.

The only way i can get an unconditional offer is to rewrite my IELTS exam again. My last result i scored 6.0 band but unfortunately for me the school requires 6.5 band. So this was the main reason they gave me a conditional offer.

Actually, I applying for a study permit for a short term prerequisite program won't be acceptable by cic, so i decided to use a visitor visa after completion of the ESl program, I can now apply within Canada. since it was started in the cic website.

I came to realise that it will be much easier if i go through that path in applying for study permit within Canada. Since I ve completed a short term program in Canada. Seen the answers that were given to some other people going for the same program, they were advice to provide a strong home ties in their country, with that you can convince the V.O .

I graduated from high school 2013. I obtained a diploma award certificate in desktop publishing 2014. With the certificate I was able to secure a job in my one of my uncle company as a system administrator. I worked there from 2014 till date.

I hope to hear from you soon Thesoj

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lonelyhrt(f): 1:01am On Jul 25, 2017
mcobex:
U won't have any issue with that, try and contact ur school if they allow students to resume after the resumption date. Most schools give 2 weeks after resumption grace for students to resume . So regarding immigration u won't have any issue entering 1 week after resumption

OK tanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 25, 2017
So hey guys, i was filling the admission application form of mun(memorial university of newfoundland) recently and when it gets to the education phase, each time i fill and try to click next it'd bounce back.. Have tried all i could but to no avail.. I don't know what else to do.. What do you guys think could be wrong? Though my result is dated june 2012 (Neco) and applying for a degree course. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:38am On Jul 25, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Thanks Thesoj,

Well I don't have any travel history. Still making use of my virgin passport.

The only way i can get an unconditional offer is to rewrite my IELTS exam again. My last result i scored 6.0 band but unfortunately for me the school requires 6.5 band. So this was the main reason they gave me a conditional offer.

I hope to hear from you soon Thesoj

Hello boss,

I aint @Thesoj, but if the school gave you an option of writing an English test (IELTS), why not re-write it and save yourself the troubles of worrying how to convince the VO. I believe if you do this and get the unconditional offer, you will have less issues to worry about and less permutations to do.

Just my thought though...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by saucepan: 2:40am On Jul 25, 2017
pls this is for Phd students with a Master's degree from anigerian university. pls what is the equivalent grade for a second class upper as requested by some canadian universities.
saw my result today with a 64.12% average despite being told it was the highest for that set, i have being very disturbed as i don't know if it meets up to the minimum requirement, on the other hand Phd cut off in Nigeria is 60%.
pls someone should reply as i am having so much mixed emotion.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 2:47am On Jul 25, 2017
saucepan:
pls this is for Phd students with a Master's degree from anigerian university. pls what is the equivalent grade for a second class upper as requested by some canadian universities.
saw my result today with a 64.12% average despite being told it was the highest for that set, i have being very disturbed as i don't know if it meets up to the minimum requirement, on the other hand Phd cut off in Nigeria is 60%.
pls someone should reply as i am having so much mixed emotion.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Hello boss,

I think you should use WES free tool to check the equivalent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kenny4uu: 3:09am On Jul 25, 2017
McOsheBaba:
Okay. Those who applied in May and April, you'll get lots of response this week.
As for June applicants, hold on. First week of August will be the beginning of your responses.

God's Speed.
Gud 1, am stil expectng.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 3:26am On Jul 25, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

I aint @Thesoj, but if the school gave you an option of writing an English test (IELTS), why not re-write it and save yourself the troubles of worrying how to convince the VO. I believe if you do this and get the unconditional offer, you will have less issues to worry about and less permutations to do.

Just my thought though...
@Frankrobbn1, please take @maziude's advice. I don't think the circuitous route of switching from a visiting visa to a student visa is advisable. Given that you don't yet have the visiting visa, your current approach requires you to convince Canadian VOs twice; this two-step process appears to be a more difficult task than the one-step version (i.e. improve your IELTS and apply for study TRV).

I also in general would not recommend that anyone apply for a visiting visa with the intent of switching to a student visa. If denied, it gets exponentially harder to be approved when you come back home to apply from Lagos (cos you've basically shown the VO that once you got to Canada you didn't plan to respect the terms of your visiting visa -- exceptions are if for an extenuating reason you absolutely had to stay in Canada, but this is rare and you'd need convincing evidence)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by saucepan: 3:38am On Jul 25, 2017
@ maziude, thank you. just used the WES service. it just showed me my degree equivalent not the grade equivalent.
Cheers.

ok, just got a link for the CGPA calculator but it needs grades from all courses as can be stated on a transcript. i dont have a transcript yet.

nevertheless, i am truly grateful @ Maziude at your quick response. any further advice will be most appreciated.

the school's ( university of ottawa) minimum requirement for canadians is B+, so what is B+ eqivalent in Msc grading system in nigeria?
thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 4:13am On Jul 25, 2017
kosb:

You could also drop your email address. Can share my GRE folder with you on google drive. Cheers @Adesire1

Mayusoo7@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 4:34am On Jul 25, 2017
samjumbo:

Book your flight ASAP.. We have a moniker here that is trusted to get members of this platform the cheapest flight tickets. It can be very expensive if you go searching on your own online I have learnt. Just call her and speak with her, then compare. She will guide you further. Be careful of booking connecting flights that will require a transit visa to stay for some hours in some countries they stop by. Just speak with her or any agent you wish.

BOOK IMMEDIATELY AND START MAKING ACCOMODATION ARRANGEMENT IN YOUR SCHOOL IMMEDIATELY.

Every single day that passes by without you booking your flight - most especially - risk you more cost on flight. Keeping asking questions too. Don't assume anying. Read up about Port of Entry document requirement on CIC website and know the kinds of documents they will want you to have before you will be issue a study permit. Get your bank account tokens and request they be opened too when you travel. Get your Malam ready to covert dollar for you just incase. This are arrangement we are making while we are looking up to God for our positive TRV approval.

Congrats once more sis!

Why do you all say this?. Its simply not true. Booking a flight now is always more expensive than late august. or early september due to high demands now from travelling tourists. Only if you book now to travel later which is still slightly more expensive than when you do it then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ARCHITECTs(m): 5:14am On Jul 25, 2017
Hello Truce01 & the elders in Canny especially current students or alumni of Conestoga College, I will be resuming Conestoga by August for Fall session, and I am in dere need of shared-room accommodation around kitchener that affordable and close to campus/easy access to bus route. I have searched kijiji and other links the international office sent to me for off-campus residence but unfortunately, they are quite on higher side.
Also, I will like to connect with Conestoga peeps .......... kindly send email to showrin0501@yahoo.com
Please Help a brother cos its giving me sleepless night already. Thank u guys.

Truce01:
Hello,
I graduated from Conestoga college and now reside in Canada. I would like to answer questions about Canadian schooling and the immigration process, do ask if u need info. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 5:51am On Jul 25, 2017
maygreaves:

Why do you all say this?. Its simply not true. Booking a flight now is always more expensive than late august. or early september due to high demands now from travelling tourists. Only if you book now to travel later which is still slightly more expensive than when you do it then

Whether you book now or not, all the cheap classes of economy is gone until Aug 28th (na my work be that). Just prepare to travel late August if you want to save money.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 6:15am On Jul 25, 2017
Yomalicious:

Whether you book now or not, all the cheap classes of economy is gone until Aug 28th (na my work be that). Just prepare to travel late August if you want to save money.

Cheers
Interesting. Howmuch will flights go for if I may?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justwise(m): 6:39am On Jul 25, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Please oga justwise Unblock @jnyuwa02 I belive he must have learnt his lessons and he also has a lot to contribute here, he always thinks outside the box even when there is no box grin

Moreover he was new to the thread before being banned

Abeg do am for us abeg

Cc:@justwise

Done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2017
And @bodmillz too boss. Biko grin
justwise:

Done.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 7:29am On Jul 25, 2017
samjumbo:

Interesting. Howmuch will flights go for if I may?

About 225 k. But depending on destination doe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Hello Guys.

Please I need answers to a few qstns (long post sorry):

Schl resumes Sept 5, I am just submitting my visa application tomorrow. I realise it is late but will that be a ground for refusal or will CIC just ask me to provide a new offer letter along the way probably for a later resumption date.

the VFS form 5832, someone once advised that I complete only pages 17 to 18, but what happens to the rest of the information like the family information and all? Am I required to fill all? Also I saw in previous posts that form 5257E is to be completed but optional. am i to fill this or not? the form is for applications for TRV made outside Canny.

my admission is a conditional admission, I am required to first take some courses that were not found in my transcript as my uni ddnt offer those courses (3 months graduate diploma), before I can then enrol for the masters programme. I tried to tighten my SOP as to why I should be given a 2 years study visa rather than a visa for just the graduate diploma. can this be a ground for refusal (I wouldnt want that) or will they simply give me a visiting visa for the period of the graduate diploma (that may be good enough for now). If I am given a 3 months visa, and have to reapply later for the study permit, is it something I can aply for while I am over there or will I have to return to Nig to apply for it?

My Sponsor's banks didnt give her a letter of assurance so I have to submit without it, in that case do I need to submit the CBN Policies as well or I should just expunge that altogether? Canadian Nurse, this answers your qstn sent to me via email.

Mum stated in her sponsor letter (in passing) that her husband (my dad) has passed on so she plays a dual role of father and mother to me. we can not find his death certificate as a supporting documentation. what can be put in its stead? or does she just take that bit out completely? we have their marriage certificate though.

I resigned my job since January. I have been runnin a business since then but I dont have any documents to show this as the business wasnt registered. what do I say I have been doing since January? As I am not in paid employment what will my home tie be? Just my immediate family: mum and siblings, is all I can think of.

Do I need to include air fare booking> I usually do for my visitors visas obtained in the past (UK and US though)

Finally, how many copies of documents are we expected to submit? i know for UK you are required to submit 1 set of originals and 1 set of copies. I knw we are not required to submit any originals here so is it just 1 set of copies? I want to do notary public today so wondering how many sets of documents I should take to notarize.

So sorry for the plenty qstns but I really need answers to them as I am finally prepared to submit my application tomorrow morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrMarc: 7:51am On Jul 25, 2017
Smartlawyer:
Good afternoon everyone,

Thank God for good news for those that already have their TRV applications approved and I pray that this week will be full of good news and testimonies for those that are still believing...

Just thought to ask if there is anyone heading for Queen's Uni or any school in Kingston, Ontario, this September.

Many thanks.

Hopefully i am...but Jan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2017
justwise:

Done.
Thanks for lateral understanding

@@jnyuwa02 go and sin no more

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.