Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876207 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by GREAL: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
hello house just need to know in case of one reapplying after been refused- can one still resubmit same documents apart from statements of account. like my case been denied base on misrepresentation - can still resubmit same SOP. Answer pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by geebaby10: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello. Please I have a question. What information source does CIC use to know rates for CAD/NGN conversion? Because so many rates are flying around and I just want to confirm that my funds as adequate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
KelechiNwachukw:

I have already done a year of post secondary there , I have my own apartment which am till paying rent for, I a legal working Job and my University has provided letters stating I am a student with a 4 year program, I wouldn't have been back to Nigeria if my Mama did not die. They would be heartless to refuse me

I am so sorry. I cant imagine the pain of after coming back to Nigeria and not to be able to go back. I just checked and you actually need to apply for a visa even if you have a valid study permit whenever you step outside of Canada and your visa is expired or only good for a single entry:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp#student_travel

How long did you stay in Nigeria after coming back? What you told us, is it the complete truth? Did you have a history in Canada of working without permit or violating any immigration status? Finally be wary of anyone promising you 100 percent as your chances. I will advice you continue to make your case before the Canadian embassy using the lawyer, but exercise judgment as people who make such 100 percent promises are only good many atimes in sucking you dry. Check up on the history and reputation of the lawyer with the bar association and other avenues. By all means continue to make your case and at the same time try other avenues as the United States, Australia, etc. And please stop paying for the apartment, it's not in your interest until you are sure you can get back into Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
lol! Rababa fun Jesu!! Congratulations!!!
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:
Before we move to part 13. I want to say a very big thank you to everyone.
After 23 weeks, plus 1 CSE and 2 mails. I got approved today.

Won’t be able to submit my passport till Monday, because I am already preparing for EE and doing my IELTS on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
GREAL:

hello house just need to know in case of one reapplying after been refused- can one still resubmit same documents apart from statements of account. like my case been denied base on misrepresentation - can still resubmit same SOP. Answer pls
u can submit same documents but aspa the sop u will need to look at what u didn't state clearly on it and try to explain more, also I think it will be nice if u also include that u have been denied visa before and state how u have rectified that fault on ur new application. NB: your new application will be treated as a new one so submit everything from scratch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cscd1234: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
Congratulations brother.
I celebrate with you.
Mine is few hours away.
God's speed!!!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Won’t be able to submit my passport till Monday, because I am already preparing for EE and doing my IELTS on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
CPA01:

Bros please can you send a comprehensive email and attach screenshot of your profile?... Let me give you a gist, I got an update status a day after I sent a mail to CIC. Guys please don't be scared of sending mails when normal prosssesing time is passed. I believe it is our right to demand for a response at that point.

pls bros when you apply and what was updated Sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv post=58849641]Before we move to part 13. I want to say a very big thank you to everyone.

Many congrats,
Good it ended well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SURGEE(m): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
If you then, being evil , know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him! Mat 7 : 11

Remain positive

no comments

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebby29: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Good evening house. Please kindly help out. I applied with a friend who has been denied visa last year Dec. She did her biometric since first week of June and has been trying to track her application till date she get no record found. Does anyone know what she can do to get this fixed please? It's really disturbing her. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maralina: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
ebby29:
Good evening house. Please kindly help out. I applied with a friend who has been denied visa last year Dec. She did her biometric since first week of June and has been trying to track her application till date she get no record found. Does anyone know what she can do to get this fixed please? It's really disturbing her. Thank you.

Did she apply through an agent or Immigration consultant..??.. is it online or paper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

congratsssssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

when are you going ?
Congratulations on your study visa. I'm leaving 23rd August.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
geebaby10:
Hello. Please I have a question. What information source does CIC use to know rates for CAD/NGN conversion? Because so many rates are flying around and I just want to confirm that my funds as adequate.
CAD unless stated otherwise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebby29: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
One line application and she didn't use any agent my dear. She applied normally with the account she has created before.
maralina:

Did she apply through an agent or Immigration consultant..??.. is it online or paper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
CanadianNurse:
lol wait let maziude acknowledge seeing my post abeg

@abiodunne I know it's tiring and frustrating but your approval is imminent, it's coming I can see.... It's a very mighty one.... Approved after 10months even after having a case of misrepresentation... Your story go be GBAM!

Thanks my bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
OF trv hopefuls (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
3. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed). APPROVED 08/06/2017
4. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
5.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
6. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April. Medical passed 12th May, APPROVED 11th July 2017

7. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals. Approved 26th July
9. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.DELAYED
10. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
11. Ibbravura, March 9, Masters applied computer science, Dalhousie university, Paper route, APPROVED on 25th July
12. Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed. APPROVED on 06/07/2017
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Med&Evidence of fee Paymt rqt on 04/05. Med Passed on 15/05.APPROVED

20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route.....DELAYED May 2017
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Chonewillie, April 11, LLM, USask Paper Route, Medical mail 31/05, APPROVED on 04/07/2017
26. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04. Medical passed 2/5/. PR-11/05 APPROVED on 19/05/2017
27. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
28. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
29. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
30. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
31. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
32. SmartLawyer, April 26, PhD in Law, Queen’s University,online route MEDICAL REQUEST- PR and APPROVED ON 14/06/2017
33. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
34. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
35. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route. APPROVED on 09/05/2017
36. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront Medical Passed
37. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route
38. DeCrystal1, may 8, UG, keyano college, online route
39. Rocorleone, May 10, MASc, Paper ,Upfront Medicals
40. uvagho,May10, MA Peace &Collaborative development, CMU, Online route
41. Yasmine04, May 11, M.sc computer science, lakehead university, Paper route
42. PureRuby May 12, Msc Geology, UWO,Paper route, Upfront medicals passed
43. adiukuonyebuchi, May 16, PGD, college of the Rockies British Columbia, Paper Route
44. bosbebe, May 17, MBA, VIU, Paper route
45. Samo16, May 18, Masters in Applied human nutrition, MSVU Nova Scotia, Paper route. Upfront Medicals
46. Sugaro, May 16, PGD, MUN, online route, Upfront medicals
47. LightandDarkness, May 19, MSc, UofA, Online
48. deolutolu, May 26, diploma, RRC, paper route.
49. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED
50. Frankrobbn1, May31, UG, MUN, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals PASSED
51. McOsheBaba May 31, Msc, Dalhousie, Online Route
52. SPOILT9JAOLOSHO, May 31, MA, UNB, Paper Route
53. Igbouwanile, June 1, MA, UNB, Paper Route.
54. Cnwag, June 3, Msc, UOttawa, online route
55. DrND, June 5, MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MUN, paper route, Upfront medicals Passed.
56. Samjumbo, June 6, MSc. Rehab Sciences, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
57. 4Gzus, June 7, MSc , USASK, Paper Route, Upfront medicals Passed
58. Maygreaves, June 7, PGD Financial Planning, Seneca College, Paper Route
59. OpeLovely, June 9, MSc, MSVU, Paper route, Upfront medicals
60. Emmane, June 9, PGC, Loyalist College, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
61. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals
62. Vanod, june 13, Dip International Business, Seneca College, Upfront Medicals
63. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals passed
64. mcobex, June 16, tech Dip, MUN, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed July 5th
65. Kayeyes, June 23, diploma, Northern lights college, BC, paper route.
66.Ceslause, Submitted 18th April 2017,MA French and Francophone Intercultural Studies,Univ of Regina,Upfront Medical,Paper route
67. Yitodoo June 5th, Msc, WLU online route app, Upfront Medical
68. Mabs16, July 4, UG, MRU, Paper route.
69. DereI, April 28, PDD - Camosun College, Paper Route
70. Yomalicious June 19th PGD McGill paper route. Upfront medicals
71. Jahluv, 23 June,Msc MUN paper route, no upfront medical
72. Grace101, July 12 UG, upei Paper Route
73. Mikky4canny, July 15th MSC, university of Regina, online route, upfront medical
74. Juicyboy126, may 9th, UNB MSC , computer science, paper route
75. Hallasheyi92, May 23rd, MAsc , MuN , online route

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
CanadianNurse:
lol wait let maziude acknowledge seeing my post abeg

@abiodunne I know it's tiring and frustrating but your approval is imminent, it's coming I can see.... It's a very mighty one.... Approved after 10months even after having a case of misrepresentation... Your story go be GBAM!

Amen it shall be a very mighty one. Thanks my bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mr A.. Did you use an agent?

Abiodunne:

Amen it shall be a very mighty one. Thanks my bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
likeababygirl:

Congratulations on your study visa. I'm leaving 23rd August.

I am leaving 25th of August.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by victory2017: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
PendD:
This is not fair, we all have same intentions. They would have just flagged that online applications isn't treated for applicants from this part of the world. How can someone apply since March/April 28 with upfront medical yet no details of medical status updated. We were billed higher and online is suppose to be faster. One thing is clear here, their actions are deliberate!

Sweeping some applications under the carpet is corruption. Lol! Joke apart, some applications have stayed beyond waiting period yet they are not attended.

@PendD. Dearie this energy u're using here could be used to seek the favour of God upon your application in prayers. Wether online or paper route, Calastus or Ghanastus lol..... ( can't help but laugh at all ur assumptions.)

We have seen here application submitted 3 February & got approved 20 February. And the likes....

Kindly be patient & trust God to d end. @ lbbravura, with dt nice app, he fasted 30 days.

To all trv hopefuls, May God smile on u wt favour on ur apps. Do u know wat we're in it together. I submitted 18th may & no shaking wt God. I packaged my apps after a thorough study of this forum for 3 months.... didn't even hv time for comments or contributions, just being a voracious reader cum learner even to d midnights. (Sleep ke.. for where). 5 days to when l wanted to submit one of our wonderful gurus @ thesoj posted some nuggets......chai l sat back and digest it, and fine tuned my SOP. Having done all to stand, stand. l don do my portion, l no wan die.

In essence I'm saying be cool, don't get yourselves worked up, don't emit negative emotions, relax & see d salvation of d Lord. To my brother's & sisters in Christ, l no say we don bcom born again sharp sharp for visa. Anyway if u don't mind use Psalms 114 & 24 to pray. Love y'all��

Trv approvals galore...Jesus is Lord.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
Darrelah:
Mr A.. Did you use an agent?

No I didnt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
KelechiNwachukw:

Yes the Frist refusal I sent the wrong document as Transcript , second one was evidence of payment with I late gave in my third application but was still refused the said I need to give a reason for visit which I clearly showed by giving my school documents, I guess I rushed those applications and made some mistakes cos I felt since I have my study permit already a VIsa just to travel back shouldn't be a problem , but I am putting faith in my lawyer that she gave all the necessary documents for this application

So sorry abt your refusal.

Its clearly stated in CIC that even if your study permit is valid, you need to apply for extension of TRV before leaving Canada if you know that your Visa expiration date is close.

The only thing you can do now is pray.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kemdy97: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
maralina:
Pls who's going to Winnipeg in August?
University of Manitoba..

By d special grace of God.. I would be going by August... U of Manitoba... Engineering... Awaiting the positive news from CIC.. June applicant...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Abiodunne:

No I didnt.

Don't worry bro....

Your approval is near.

All it requires is for the agent to come across and get back to your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
victory2017:

@PendD. Dearie this energy u're using here could be used to seek the favour of God upon your application in prayers. Wether online or paper route, Calastus or Ghanastus lol..... ( can't help but laugh at all ur assumptions.)

We have seen here application submitted 3 February & got approved 20 February. And the likes....

Kindly be patient & trust God to d end. @ lbbravura, with dt nice app, he fasted 30 days.

To all trv hopefuls, May God smile on u wt favour on ur apps. Do u know wat we're in it together. I submitted 18th may & no shaking wt God. I packaged my apps after a thorough study of this forum for 3 months.... didn't even hv time for comments or contributions, just being a voracious reader cum learner even to d midnights. (Sleep ke.. for where). 5 days to when l wanted to submit one of our wonderful gurus @ thesoj posted some nuggets......chai l sat back and digest it, and fine tuned my SOP. Having done all to stand, stand. l don do my portion, l no wan die.

In essence I'm saying be cool, don't get yourselves worked up, don't emit negative emotions, relax & see d salvation of d Lord. To my brother's & sisters in Christ, l no say we don bcom born again sharp sharp for visa. Anyway if u don't mind use Psalms 114 & 24 to pray. Love y'all��

Exactly...

I don't believe on this Calastu/Ghanastu assumptions at all.

I have friends who applied online early April. two have been approved and have even booked their flights. One PGD BC and one Msc Ottawa

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 5:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thank you very much that's all I have to say. You just spoke like my mother. You re appreciated.
victory2017:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
PendD:
Thank you very much that's all I have to say. You just spoke like my mother. You re appreciated.

Calm down bro, okay?

I would give anything to be on the wait-list right now rather than a refusal list.

Its gonna be okay.

To be frank, their workload is too much and the timing is just too short.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ebby29: 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please the gurus in the house, kindly attend to this issue please. Has anyone been in this situation of applying for months and getting NO RECORD FOUND while trcaking their application? She has sent mail to Accra and Lagos Immigration. They have been tossing her around. Your help is kindly needed, please we are one family. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mesh2003(f): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
McOsheBaba:

Oh! Thank you plenty much, my dear! I don't want to carry plenty load on that day but I want to spend less. So, clothes are relatively cheaper in Canada then?

They are not necessarily cheaper. It all depends on the brand and where you are buying from. But my dear, the jeans we buy from yaba and Balogun market are still the bomb. They call it stock jeans. They don't relax even after wearing for years compared to what we get here. My friends still order from Nigeria whenever someone is coming.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Risqahola199324: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
good evening house, can anyone help me with schools in Canada that accept 2:2 for masters program (maters of business administration or masters of financial risk management). I studied insurance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.