Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876434 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tegipraise(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
please i need your advice. in my first application i didnt state that i have relatives in canada, do u advice i tell them in this second application that i have relatives? thank you in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
tegipraise:
please i need your advice. in my first application i didnt state that i have relatives in canada, do u advice i tell them in this second application that i have relatives? thank you in anticipation
I don't think it's neccesary to state a relative because you'll indirectly loose your home tie and the VO might be on a *wavy level* thinking you wudnt return after completion of your studies...
Just my thoughts....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by saucepan: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
maziude:
Bosses,
Good Evening from Toronto Enroute Ottawa.
My flight got delayed for some reasons. However, I am in Toronto now waiting to board the next flight to my new home Ottawa.
Below is my travel experience.

In FLIGHT:
I used Air Canada from Beijing. The flight experience was awesome though 12 hours long but enjoyable. 2 main meals and lots of in between.
When we were about to Land, the pilot told those connecting locally, need to go through immigration, get their documents including permits etc and claim their baggage before connecting to their various destinations within Canada.

POE EXperience:
POE: Toronto Intl Airport. If you are transiting through here, when you land, go straight to the "connection" area(follow the arrow). There are about 6 counters for that. When you get there, it is just the normal questions of where you are coming from and why are you here?
After that, you will be asked to go into the main immigration office for documentations. This is where you get your study permit.

STUDY PERMIT PROCESS:
Officer: Hello ...Bonjour
Me : Hello
Officer: Can I have your documents?
Me: Gave him my passport, introduction letter from embassy, offer letter.
Officer: What are you going to study?
Me: Computer sciences
Officer: PhD
Me: Yes.
He went through the offer letter and said
Officer: You will be here for 4 years?
Me: Yes.
Officer: Okay, wait a moment let me print your permit.

Then later, he came back with and said crosscheck your details which I did. Then he said, if you want to work while studying, go to the next counter (Services Canada)for your SIN. After which he said, welcome to Canada and enjoy your studies.

Me: Thank you.
So, I went the Services Canada counter for my SIN but could not get it since my I missed my connecting fligh. So, the lady suggested I go sort out the connecting flight and gave me a card to go to any of their offices for my SIN.

PS:
I was not asked if I paid fees or not, neither was I asked to show proof of fund for studies. However, some guys were asked. One guy told them he has a scholarship and showed the document while someone else showed bank statement. It depends on the officer you meet. So stay calm and just answer truthfully.

Also, please allow time for connecting because there is a chance you might miss your connecting flight. My layover was 1hr25 minutes yet I missed the connecting flight. There were lots of people waiting too. but when it gets to your turn it is 2-3 minutes. But if you miss your connecting flight, no worries, just locate your airline in T1, which os the local departure area and they will help you with another flight.

Mehn, Canny fine.. I dey wait una sha...

To God be the glory...

It will end in praises.

Mazi...
i am truly happy for you. It will truly end in praise.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please oooooo I don't know what happened I was filling for imm 1294E so when I get to my field of study will be....I saw business/commerce.....2.business/mgt/marketing. .........and I applied for business administration what will I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yasmine04: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
mesh2003:

They are not necessarily cheaper. It all depends on the brand and where you are buying from. But my dear, the jeans we buy from yaba and Balogun market are still the bomb. They call it stock jeans. They don't relax even after wearing for years compared to what we get here. My friends still order from Nigeria whenever someone is coming.

Lmao...True story �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mesh2003(f): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Moley22:

I don't think it's neccesary to state a relative because you'll indirectly loose your home tie and the VO might be on a *wavy level* thinking you wudnt return after completion of your studies...
Just my thoughts....

You are indirectly telling her/him to lie. Please you have to tell them that you have relatives if you are asked. To avoid misrepresentation.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
pls, am researching school where 3rd class in industrial chemistry can do PGD in education in Canada. she wants to divert to education due to her passion and experience in nursery school education/Montessori

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
mesh2003:

You are indirectly telling her/him to lie. Please you have to tell them that you have relatives if you are asked. To avoid misrepresentation.
Helloooooo!!!! ....it was just my opinion please
Besides most people have applied successfully without stating relatives...Everyone knows someone who knows someone in Canada so pleaseeee don't quote me sir/ma, thanks
Infact with the rate of denial what's the essence of stating what might be contradicting which isn't totally neccesary sef?? Question to you Mesh!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
Who can help a friend to pay application fee in Dalhousie university? Biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.