Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism (62865 Views)

What Do You Know About Working With Vista Group (an Indian Company) / 14 Things You Shouldn't Forget when Getting Set For A Live Video Interview / Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism by enomakos(m): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
And people still works there
Re: This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism by enomakos(m): 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
youngsahito:
what is the way forward for people that are in such awkward position?
shot your boss,if he is replaces shot the new boss too
Re: This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism by ultron12345: 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
sbabs1:
People have been saying Indian and Lebanese companies are never a great place to work and over time I had rebuked such argument because I assumed averagely some workers just want a quick fixes as far as work is concerned. Last Monday Feb 20th, I checked into one of our Branches in Adeola Odeku in Victoria Island Lagos, on my way back and I saw this gathering of young people in a protest mood just in front one of one of the tallest buildings on that street. They all held placards with the inscriptions such as, Say no to Racism, We are Tire of this Discrimination, We want Union, #HRMustGo. As a lover of the HR Profession, the latter attracted me and to satisfy my curiosity
I moved closer to them to ask few questions and from my 30 Minutes interaction with them, I gathered the following about MitsubishiLift Nigeria Limited - the company.
1. MitsubishiLift Nigeria is a Lebanese company where Nigerians don’t go on annual leave or you go and never retirn.
2. Unionism is a total ban and the consequence is termination.
3. Bonds are signed that even at your spare time you cannot do any other work .
4. MitsubishiLift Nigeria claims that Nigerian Laws supports most of their short comings, hence they don’t care.
5. MitsubishiLift Nigeria Limited,don’t pay or remit tax to government despite being deducted from staff salary.They have their way with #LIRS.
6. In MitsubishiLift Nigeria Limited, You can’t go outside the office to eat. Meaning no break time.
7. No medical care provision for staff not even HMO as stated in the NHIS laws.
8. Nigerians are the mouth piece of most unprofessional practices in multinational Companies including Mitsubishi Lift one Man name Chris has sold Nigerians in Nigeria.
9. Racial discrimination is not about majority, it can also be about few powerful privilege ones who has seen the loopholes and again the negligence on the part of government is a major advantage to Multinational, hence they make use of that lapses to enslave people.This is for real in Mitsubishi Lift Nigeria Limited as the management calls the staff Junior gorillas, Monkeys etc.
10. At Mitsubishi, on a monthly basis your salary is deducted without proper explanation.

Dear Nairalanders I take responsibility for this post because i experienced this protest live and below pictures says it all. However, having identified the above, I think there should be some solutions if you work in an environment, where similar culture is in practice. One of the solution is to protest and write to Nigerian Labour Congress or any area branch Trade unions just like this people did last week in Lagos. I think another issue is to shout it out loud on social media so that people know the kind of companies they shouldn’t go to be interviewed when they recruiting. Aside, other organisation shouldn't even patronize the service of vendors who cant treat people well.

In conclusion, You may want to share your opinion if you work or once worked in similar company. Or you have insights on how to solve any of the unprofessional labour practice and let Nairalanders gain insights. Please share your thoughts below.
Cheers

There is nothing wrong there as long as all the conditions of service including no annual leave, no unionism, no break time, no medical provision, and the poor pay, were stated in the employment contract to which the employee agreed to.......were they forced to take up the job, were you forced to sign bond, silly people.

The only things we should condemn there are not paying tax after making deductions from staff salary, deducting salary without explanation and racial discrimination.....apart from these I see no other problem
Re: This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism by kabaka1: 1:13am On Jun 13, 2017
bilulu:
some persons re just knowing dis..... almost all India, Lebanese n China companies re like dat. Nigerians re like rags in their face. thanks to our labour leaders who don't care n also our bad govt who benefit from them. I vea frnd who was a cook with a white man in one of these construction company. an issue came up one day n d white man slapped her n boasted nothing will happen , immediately she reported wen he was about deported a Nigerian came to his aid after taking bribe but at d end he was deported by our immigration

I.e. is kudos 2 ur friend d Whiteman got deported & fucj dat Naija cool wry wan help evade deportation
Re: This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism by kabaka1: 1:28am On Jun 13, 2017
JohnsonOlanre:
All you nigerians complaining should STFU. You treat each other badly yet you want foreigners to treat you right. The life of an Igbo is worthless to a hausa, the life of an hausa is worthless to a yoruba, yet you are yapping about human right, when you all bay for each others blood like dogs and baboons as your president called you, the Indians and lebanese are only learning from you.

U're making good sense oh! The root of this problem stems from the grassroots which is how we see and treat each other in Naija and these foreigners follow suit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dpr Is Recruiting / Am Tired...someone Should Help Me Before I Kill Myself. / Application For Graduate Trainee At Notore Chemicals Now Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.