Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

My Experience With A Dementia Patient. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With A Dementia Patient. (517 Views)

Missing Osun Coronavirus Patient Found / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / My Experience With HIV Testing Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Dementia Patient. by brownshooga: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2017
I've never felt so bad in my life before until yesterday when I went to see my grandma.
She got admitted to the hospital days ago after complaining of leg pain which she sustained after a fall when she was much younger which wasn't properly treated. The pain became worse and we had to take her to the hospital for x-ray and for other stuffs too.

But due to his busy schedule, he had to call me to come assist assist her to stay with her since am out of school and less busy.
I got some fruits on the way for and jollof Agidi because she loves it a lot. Was very happy to go stay with her because I love her company and was anticipating her plenty gist and story lol.

I reached the hospital in no time and located her room with the help of a nurse. I went inside but couldn't find her or anyone, was so scared that something bad might have happened. I had to enquire about her whereabouts from a nurse who told me she went downstairs with the help of my uncle and grandma for the x-ray. I felt relieved a little and had to lay on the bed to wait for them.

They came in about 20minutes later and I greeted my
grandma and brought out the fruits I got for her. She said, "thank you my child, for buying these things for a stranger like me".
Haba! When I heard it I was surprised but shrugged it off as my uncle laughed it off.
I brought out the Agidi to serve her in a plate and she said... "nwam, Ibu Onye biko"( My child please who are you?) I replied that am Brown,your first grandchild Don't you remember?

She shook her head asking again who is Brown? I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, I felt so weak and bad.
All through my stay I felt like I was with a total stranger. I couldn't even stay as long as I wanted to because I wasn't comfortable.
I have being hearing of dementia, but never knew I would experience one. It was really a bad experience for me.

Dominique

Sissy3

Lalasticlala.
Re: My Experience With A Dementia Patient. by Blaqsuqar: 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
Its part of growing old now,enjoy mama jare
Re: My Experience With A Dementia Patient. by pbukli: 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today / No 1 Fumigation And Pest Control Services Company / The Worst Things You Can Do Before Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.