Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints (32796 Views)

10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / 16 Suvs You Can Buy With ₦4 Million Or Less / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by autojosh: 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
After watching the trend at several police checkpoints, I was able to conclude that the Nigeria policemen prefer to stop SUVs… Well, that after the Okadas sha.

I didn’t ponder for too long before 2 reasons came to my mind. I’d like to share them and also get more reasons from you guys in the comment section..

1. Tinted Windows
As we all know, a large chunk of SUVs come with factory tint windows (Privacy Glass). This has made the Men In Black to fall in love with them on Nigerian roads.. Because the drivers may have fake tint permit or may not even have at all. Policemen have been using this tint thing to chop for some time now and I guess it’s not stopping soon.

The only way to escape constant harassment is to have a valid tint permit whether you drive an SUV or a mini car.

2. SUVs Are For Big Men/Women
There is a popular believe that anyone who drives an SUV is rich. What a myth! Anyways, it seems the uniformed men believe there is a higher chance of something dropping from the owners of SUVs. Sometimes, they even chase after you in those Danfo buses they’ve chartered for the day.

So if you are an existing or a potential SUV owner, be ready for a little more taxing depending on the areas you drive to.

Let’s know if you have the same thought and additional reasons.

https://autojosh.com/2-reasons-nigeria-policemen-like-to-stop-suvs-at-checkpoints/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by OkoYibo: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Just one post from the OP, and it made front-page? The way NL dey do these days taya person.
E be like say na here for Nairaland Buhari dey hide.

Anyway, just yesterday, some Federal SARS guys used their vehicle to double cross one really sleek Benz at Ikeja. In trying to double cross it, they scratched d paint a little. Like 3 of them jumped down with bulletproof vests n all gra-gra.

They came down and saw one young guy at the wheels. They asked him to come down but when he came down, he was a mechanic wearing overalls. He went to look at the dent and looked at it. Thereafter, he used his phone to make a call. Thereafter, he gave the phone to one of the SARS guys.

I don't know who he called, whether it is our father in Heaven or our father in UK, but you needed to see these SARS guys begging. They tried to clean d scratch, but it was still obvious. See SARS dey clean motor with mechanic standing back.

170 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by drinkgarri: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
God
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Donald7610: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
They only stop the innocents

Bcus of bribe
Stopping SUV might implicate them
Owner might be too big to question

6 Likes

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by AntiWailer: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Are u sure they stop SUVS any how ?

They are scared and not sure of who is inside oo.

Unless they catch u doing something against established laws.

Like making call or something.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by DeeCherry(f): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by mamatayour(f): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
For correct Roger grin

2 Likes

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by abescom: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Well they should be prepared to stop me many times soon.

1 Like

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Anything for the boys sir

2 Likes

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by hugoboss70(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
You can add (3) police like stopping cars driven by young male occupants too

11 Likes

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by raphael4u2c: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Noted!!!. Thats y i got myself a range

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by peaceway(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
Aleast they are your friend
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Zico5(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Ok
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by georgen2u(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
O
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by SINZ: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
OP you're so ON POINT!

These fools are fond of trying to peel off my tint to see if its factory fitted or customized. It gets even worse if you're a young man. They'll ignore smaller cars for big brands just cos they feel they can get more money from an SUV owner. I don sabi dem finish, shi-shi I nor dey give! undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by darocha1: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Oluwajuwonlo provide me with 2 of it
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
K
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by AmaechiLinus(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Unnecessary reason though
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
OkK
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by magicminister: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
lOOOL!!! VERY true!

if you're now driving an SUV or a really nice car and you be young boy, na double dropping.

6 Likes

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by dovetark: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Legal Criminals
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Jerryojozy(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Men must chop na, op I no like wetin u do o, why u de expose their secret na? Well there are performing their duties.

Genius J
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Ekponoimo(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
undecidedAm not understanding
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Ayoswit(f): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
it's ok
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by emeijeh(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Egunjè
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Olubukola16(f): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
It's all about money grin. Minding my own business in 2017.

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by dessz(m): 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
k, in the nearest future, I will buy my SUVs and latest Mercedes benz but now I will be managing my legedes benz. grin

2 Likes

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Babysheart(f): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
A Nigerian policeman will stop a bicycle. Inasmuch as he feels he can exhort you.

1 Like

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by jericco1(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
I c
Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by DollarAngel(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nigeria Police

1 Like

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by SalamRushdie: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
They use tinted glasses as an excuse to stop any SUV driver they want to extort

1 Like

Re: 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
Ok. It is noted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? / Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / Pictures That Show That Rolls Royce Denotes Luxury And Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.