Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation (20577 Views)

Explosion Rocks Adamawa Mosque, Many Feared Dead / Pipeline Explosion Rocks Iyana Odo – LASU (video) / Tension As Explosion Rocks Enugu Artisan Market (2) (3) (4)

Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
Three people have been confirmed dead and four others injured in a bomb explosion in Kontagora, Niger state.

The explosion occurred in Gari market, a few kilometers from Kontagora town on Saturday when a man in military uniform detonated the bomb and died in the process.

The Police Public Relations officer, DSP Bala Elkana who confirmed the explosion said it was as a result of wrong handling of explosives device by a newly recruited soldier identified as private Tanko Damina who just came back from Maiduguri.

According to Elkana, Tanko Damina was in the habit of showing explosives to the villagers to prove that he was involved in the Maiduguri operation against the Boko Haram terrorists.

“Tanko Damina used to carry the explosives on his body around the village to show off to the villagers. The explosion was as a result of wrong handling of the explosives. We thank God that it was not a market day, the casualty would have been very high”.

Elkana assured that there is no need for panic because the incident was not caused by a suicide bomber, adding that “it was an accident like I told you”.

The police spokesman said the force and the army have despatched anti-bomb experts to the home of the deceased to check if there were other IEDs in the residence.

http://thenationonlineng.net/explosion-kills-three-niger/
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
grin MISSPERFECT28 kiss
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:13pm On Feb 25, 2017
lol...reminds me of a video game i played a long time ago. RIP to the dead.
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
The rise of boko haram. They want to return terror so as to discredit yemi osinbanjo( acting president). Any tongue that rise against the acting president, I have already condemned.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
Please can you tell us why you're opening that gworo-ed teeth??

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by yeyeboi(m): 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by 14teenK: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
I'm dy show off explosives and them no arrest am...but if you just show off your iphone for lag...police go put you for station..this 9ja sef

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by anibi9674: 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
bomb na toy. mad maddo maddest.

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by shams040(m): 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by Legaycey: 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
ayam coming. booking things
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by sanandreas(m): 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
Are they not tired of wasting souls.

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by dessz(m): 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
udonmeanit bomb don turn to firecrackers wonders are always came.

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by cutelover19(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
fabuuuu
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by Chikelue2000(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
If na suicide bomber, who go tell u?

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by Legaycey: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
ayaf come back that's boko haram in disguise oooo. no lie for us. which mishandle. bomb na bread?

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by Diesel1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Zoo will fall

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by madridguy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Same way they're discrediting Sai Baba. This is a security matter and let know when to throw politics baton.

Otenestbestyaho:
The rise of boko haram. They want to return terror so as to discredit yemi osinbanjo( acting president). Any tongue that rise against the acting president, I have already condemned.

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by wawale(m): 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Otenestbestyaho:
Noman is discrediting Osibanjo, what happened to the Soldier is called POST WAR TRAUMA.

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by joshing(m): 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
rip to the dead
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by daeujo: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
I hope they don't want to make Osibanjo era ungovernable?

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by giles14(m): 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Please can you tell us why you're opening that gworo-ed teeth??
well it's a very funny situation .,y will a normal human being go about with an agent/item of death.

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by khallyberry: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
boko whaaat!!!! rip d deceased.
meanwhile buratai received an award in SA for fight against terrorism.
issoryte

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by OlujobaSamuel: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
trained idiot with our money, yet e no get sense, thank God he is gone, he might turn out to be a rogue officer tomorrow.
RIP to the innocent souls the idiot took away

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
madridguy:
Same way they're discrediting Sai Baba. This is a security matter and let know when to throw politics baton.

smiles, you never said this during GEJs era.......
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by akaahs(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Its well wit my country
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by onadana: 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
What type of stu....pid explanation be this.Do these people think we are dumb?

Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Showing off with such a delicate thing to the detriment of innocent people.
May God grant the affected victims an eternal rest and comfort their families. Quick recovery to the survivors.
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by Larwin(m): 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
some excuse dey this country sha....
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by DollarAngel(m): 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2017
Continue, may you never run out of bombs, useless, brainless MAJORITY, Born to rule maggots
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by bizybrain1: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
Safety first
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by madridguy(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
Forget, never will I politicize anything related to security issue.

CROWNWEALTH019:

smiles, you never said this during GEJs era.......
Re: Explosion Rocks Niger State, Kills Three - The Nation by seunny4lif(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin MISSPERFECT28 kiss

Benue Leaders To Buhari - No Land For Cattle Colonies In Our State / National Interest Supercedes Individual Rights – Supreme Court / I Will Be Governor In November – Dino Melaye