Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,947 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic (16168 Views)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / It’s Better To Be Atheist Than Hypocritical Christian — Pope Francis / Better To Be An Atheist Than A Hypocritical Christian- Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by pcei: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
wunmi590:
I have never regretted being a true Roman Catholic, and I do my responsibilities as a devoted Catholic.

BTW: I know Seun would be the one to push this thread to front page,because anything atheist is his food.

#IamProudToBeARomanCatholic
hahhahahahaha, funny u guy. Rep Roman catholic, proud to be one
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by orunto27: 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
It's an ill Wind that blows no good to nobody.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by elampiro(m): 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2017

See the video here. The Pope did not say it is better to be an atheist than a hypocritical Catholic. See it for yourself.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154071245056486&id=25126781485

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by pcei: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Opakan2:
Ipob flat-screens shey una don hear?

you can't be hate filled hypocrites and still claim to be catholics
must u mention ipob in ur comments, it makes u look stupid even when u are making sense

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by tete7000(m): 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
plaetton:
Thank you Papi for the endorsement.
You understand us very well.

Unfortunately, he didn't endorse you. He only said those behaviours of hypocritical catholics are only appropriate for atheists. Compare his statement with this scripture,note the bolded:

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.6  Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. - Ephesians 5:3-6
Who are the disobedients? Atheist!
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Kingsley1000(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
you have said it all
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by janvier27(m): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
If you are an atheist and do good, isn't it simple reasoning that you are more useful to the society than a catholic who is into all those vices. I agree with my Pope if he actually meant this.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by pcei: 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
darfay:
Oga Pope you are just a man like me and not the Holy Spirit so na your opinion be that
I guess not. The brains of ur generations both past, present and future joined together cannot reach half of his brain
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by effty(m): 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
zedman1:
Until 1517 it was the only form of Christianity, perhaps all those who lived and died before Luther are in hell because they "weren't chistians"? I'm sure this statement would have made sense to you but it doesn't cos it's coming from a Catholic, the Pope, No? .... Open your mind.
Lies from the pit of hell. Pls kip the history of Catholicism apart from Christianity. Later some idiots will tell me Apostle Peter was the first Bishop of Rome; Peter who never stepped on the soil of Rome. Meanwhile, do you still have indulgences for sale? Guess that is/was a Christian practice?
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by tete7000(m): 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
zedman1:
Until 1517 it was the only form of Christianity, perhaps all those who lived and died before Luther are in hell because they "weren't chistians"? I'm sure this statement would have made sense to you but it doesn't cos it's coming from a Catholic, the Pope, No? .... Open your mind.

That guy doesn't deserve your time. That was how I engaged him the other day only to discover he is just a monkey. Check his profile if you are in doubt. He is one senseless monkey spewing trash on nairaland. Ignore him.

Cc: effty
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Nofuckgiven: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
Opakan2:

Useless bigot is it only Igbos that are catholics??

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by pcei: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
somehowpenis:
Since this pope took over I don't even understand Catholic Church again, this pope is just not like others before him, he seems to be a pope of the world first before the Catholic Church
where are u from? U need brain surgery as soon as possible
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Edipee(m): 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
Frank316 comes to my mind now.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by effty(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
tete7000:

That guy doesn't deserve your time. That was how I engaged him the other day only to discover he is just a monkey. Check his profile if you are in doubt. He is one senseless monkey spewing trash on nairaland. Ignore him.

Cc: effty
The man that can communicate with monkeys... You engaged to the point of throwing insults which I have received and dished out in my four (4) years of training at the Academy. I tell all my Catholic friends same thing, and I don't care what you feel cos the truth comes first. I don come with my market again.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by plaetton: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
achieverme:

He is trying to tell you that it is better to be an unbeliever than pretend to be a Christian
Duuuhhhh !
That's the title of the thread.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by zealed64: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
But Wait o, is the pope saying atheist are scandalous?? or we are the exact example of being immoral? ..then he's absolutely wrong for saying that!
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by tete7000(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
effty:
The man that can communicate with monkeys... You engaged to the point of throwing insults which I have received and dished out in my four (4) years of training at the Academy. I tell all my Catholic friends same thing, and I don't care what you feel cos the truth comes first. I don come with my market again.

It was because you weren't communicating that I checked your profile and discovered you are a monkey. Only monkeys understand what other monkeys say. Keep ranting about your dislike for catholicism on nairaland, your fellow monkeys may understand you. One thing I am definitely sure of is, no serious minded catholic will. Bye-bye.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by effty(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
tete7000:

It was because you weren't communicating that I checked your profile and discovered you are a monkey. Only monkeys understand what other monkeys say. Keep ranting about your dislike for catholicism on nairaland, your fellow monkeys may understand you. One thing I am definitely sure of is, no serious minded catholic will. Bye-bye.
Indirectly calling yourself a monkey again. Stop being foolish abeg!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by destinysaid(m): 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
somehowpenis:
Since this pope took over I don't even understand Catholic Church again, this pope is just not like others before him, he seems to be a pope of the world first before the Catholic Church
did u read d article, did u read exactly what he said, now go bck , read n edit ur comment, so many guests here take our words hook line sinker
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by destinysaid(m): 3:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
zealed64:
But Wait o, is the pope saying atheist are scandalous?? or we are the exact example of being immoral? ..then he's absolutely wrong for saying that!
depends on how u interpret his words, its same as saying "those who do these things are nt the true sons of God"
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by zedman1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
effty:
Lies from the pit of hell. Pls kip the history of Catholicism apart from Christianity. Later some idiots will tell me Apostle Peter was the first Bishop of Rome; Peter who never stepped on the soil of Rome. Meanwhile, do you still have indulgences for sale? Guess that is/was a Christian practice?
in summary, I simply asked you to open your mind but all you spewed was surrounded by hate. Free your mind and learn.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by zedman1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2017
effty:
in summary, I simply asked you to open your mind but all you spewed was surrounded by hate. Free your mind and learn. Thank you
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by wunmi590(m): 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
pcei:
hahhahahahaha, funny u guy. Rep Roman catholic, proud to be one

Yes you are right my brother, Catholic lead, others follow.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by cyrilamx(m): 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
effty:
your type are the kind I love to engage in theological and apologetic battle. . I have seen ur kind eating the humble pie when their defence can't stand. Even archeology excavation affirm Peter crucified in present day Vatican Hill, In Rome. Go and read Eusebius' Ecclesiastical history of the 4th cent. Written well before the canonicity of the Bible. As early as the 2nd cent, Theologians and martyrs like St. Iraneaus of Lyons and St Justin Martyr already have account of lists of popes with St. Peter as first. Yes we understand the word pope is not found in Bible, so are many words, like "bible", Ascension, Incarnation, Trinity to mention but a few. But the context of Pope or its role first muted by Jesus in Matt 16. And in Acts when Peter spoke for the Apostles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by excanny: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
This pope is far far better pope than that Ratzinger. Thank Goodness the hypocrite resigned.

One cleric I still respect till date.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by excanny: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
ezugegere:
I support him on that. Those who claim to be Christians but behave like the devil are far worse that atheists.

Atheists commit less atrocities than religious people. What are you saying?
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by Noblesoul123: 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
tete7000:

Pls, Pls & Pls.

Ignore his type

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by mavinc4u(f): 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
Speedyconnect5:
Are u sure he said that. I have seen a lot of misrepresentations with that man

There is nothing like misrepresentation, he said the truth the way it is. The life of some Christians of these days is very disgusting to core simply because God is a merciful God. If only God would start treating Christians as it was done in old testament, I bet you their brains would be formatted by force.
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by TerrorSquad147: 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Opakan2:

when your brain is filled with gbegiri, how would you make a reasonable statement undecided undecided
Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by usclem: 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Anti Christ indeed

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by socially4fun: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
angry
JustinSlayer69:
Hope fornicators and adulterers have heard him well angry

Religion is so full of contradiction.

You are expected to believe in a Life after Death, yet nobody has died & come back ( with hard evidence, not claims)

And ... Judgement Day is always near. No one can say confidently when it is. That's rather convenient

I practice as well... but the whole thing just seems a scam at times grin

You're at the brink of joining the growing atheist community. Watch it. Let's employ absolute faith in religion. Trust me, there are lots of things in religion that when taken from the logical perspective makes little sense.
If the Son of man comes will he find faith?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic by usclem: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
Below is what has been declared by Vatican Councils and in their Cathachism:
“We define that the Holy Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff hold primacy over the whole world.” (34)
“All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that he is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope .” (35)
“No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language (such as French, Italian, Spanish, etc.), and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after the promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned.” (36)
“The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth …by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians. He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth.” (37)
“We confess that the Pope has power of changing Scripture and of adding to it, and taking from it according to his will.” (38)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How T.B Joshua Leads Nigeria’s Religious Tourism Drive / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. / "I Tolerated Abuse For Long" - Anita Oyakhilome Breaks silence on divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.