Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification (607 Views)

Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Is It Biblical To Be Baptised By Immersion Twice? / Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by sizzlers(m): 10:23am On Feb 26, 2017
Pls over look my bag english,
I really need deep clarification and understanding about the so called baptism by immersion, I have a Catholic, and I was baptised in Catholic as an adult not as infant, so I know decided to change my place of worship for reasons best known to me, currently am attending "christ embassy" I have to called the name, but it seems that am not regarded despite my efforts and my little givings, like my name is not in the data based, they keep hammering on this "must be baptised by immersion" of a thing, which crack me up Cus I know I have been baptised, must I have second baptism? Will it make me more holier than I am now, what impact will it have on me, to me it will have no impact, secondly, I love to also attend the foundation school but it seems the immersion of a thing is blocking the way Cus without immersion there will be no foundation for for you, so iam kinda confuse abt the whole thing. Cus my spirit is not accepting the second baptism by immersion, and am committed to do all I can to move the ministry forward if they will just accept me as I am. Pls I need advice from you guys "atheist pls stay off". Moderators pls help me frontpaged this.
Re: So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by CatfishBilly: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2017
Acts 2:38-39New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you, for your children, and for all who are far away, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to him.”
When the Apostles baptized the Jailer and his family, it didn't say it was only the adult members of his family was baptized, it said ALL his family.
Churches now made it worse by introducing baptismal classes as a prerequisite for baptism which is not even in the Bible.
Don't worry amigo, you've been baptized, they are the ones fooling themselves.

1 Like

Re: So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by firstking01(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2017
sizzlers:
Pls over look my bag english,
I really need deep clarification and understanding about the so called baptism by immersion, I have a Catholic, and I was baptised in Catholic as an adult not as infant, so I know decided to change my place of worship for reasons best known to me, currently am attending "christ embassy" I have to called the name, but it seems that am not regarded despite my efforts and my little givings, like my name is not in the data based, they keep hammering on this "must be baptised by immersion" of a thing, which crack me up Cus I know I have been baptised, must I have second baptism? Will it make me more holier than I am now, what impact will it have on me, to me it will have no impact, secondly, I love to also attend the foundation school but it seems the immersion of a thing is blocking the way Cus without immersion there will be no foundation for for you, so iam kinda confuse abt the whole thing. Cus my spirit is not accepting the second baptism by immersion, and am committed to do all I can to move the ministry forward if they will just accept me as I am. Pls I need advice from you guys "atheist pls stay off". Moderators pls help me frontpaged this.
Jesus went into river jordan and got baptised by john, so, any baptism that's not done by immersion is NOT a baptism...you also recall the story of philip and the ethiopian eunoch....catholic's way of baptism is faulty....go through a baptismal class in christ embassy after which you'd be baptised.
Re: So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by menxer: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2017
You funny bro.

So if you bathe thrice in a day, is it a bad thing?

If the church demands you bathe or be baptise again, pls do to qualify for the goodies they have in store for you.
grin
Re: So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by DonCortino: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2017
firstking01:
Jesus went into river jordan and got baptised by john, so, any baptism that's not done by immersion is NOT a baptism...you also recall the story of philip and the ethiopian eunoch....catholic's way of baptism is faulty....go through a baptismal class in christ embassy after which you'd be baptised.

Jesus or his disciples never collected tithes why are today's pastors doing so?
During d breaking of bread, jesus used bread and wine ( mind u wine is an alcoholic beverage) how come todays pastor use d communion without wine?

All these are symbolic gestures, its the intent of ur heart that matters. Baptism by immersion or sprinkling or pouring of water is baptism. My take!
Re: So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by firstking01(m): 11:28am On Feb 26, 2017
DonCortino:

Jesus or his disciples never collected tithes why are today's pastors doing so?
During d breaking of bread, jesus used bread and wine ( mind u wine is an alcoholic beverage) how come todays pastor use d communion without wine?

All these are symbolic gestures, its the intent of ur heart that matters. Baptism by immersion or sprinkling or pouring of water is baptism. My take!
You are on your own bro....from the way you are sounding you seem aloof and you know nothing scripturally wise, smh...have a nice day.
Re: So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by DonCortino: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2017
firstking01:
You are on your own bro....from the way you are sounding you seem aloof and you know nothing scripturally wise, smh...have a nice day.

Ok, I can see u are god!
Cheers.
Re: So Called "Baptism By Immersion" Clarification by firstking01(m): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2017
DonCortino:

Ok, I can see u are god!
Cheers.
If you make me your God, no wahala cos even the bible said in psalm 86:2 that i am a "god" undecided

(1) (Reply)

How TB Joshua Predicted US Bombing Of Afghanistan (VIDEO) / Christianity Is A Secret Vampire Cult / How Do We Explain Matthew 6 In This Recent Time??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.