Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:23 PM

What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? (2385 Views)

TB Joshua: Why I Left South Sudan Quietly Without Thank You In Cash Or Kind / Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) / Is It Possible To Stop Thinking About Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by TheEminentLaity: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
Yeah..I was reading 'the Power of Now' and it's revolutionary especially in contrast to many mind-centered "You-become-what-you-think" counterparts out there. Man, I am before I become/became my thoughts. The book is about the distinction according his experience. You should read it.
Billyonaire:
I know Eckhart, great guy, but I havent had the time to read his works, but remember, truth does not change, if Eckhart says same thing, then there is a light bulb lighting up in head.
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by TheEminentLaity: 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
akintom:

It's wrong to say

"A child doesn't worry about anything because they don't think not until they are taught how to".

Ability to think is not taught, it's innate. Thinking process is a neurochemical mechanism.

Yeah, I may not be very elaborate in expressing what I mean, of course a child has the ability to think however the thoughts that could lead to depression or a false sense of self or perhaps delusions are not observed in children and yes, these can be described in terms of biological mechanisms, hormonal secretions and neurological activities but I believe they are results and not the cause itself. I am not an atheist hence I believe I am much more - a spirit if you like -. I know people get a sense of self or identity from the way they think and what they think about. So what I understood the OP was trying to say is that there is something independent thoughts. Hence, you can stop thinking. The mind is occupied by one thing at a time, and not many people occupy their minds with the present.
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by akintom(m): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
TheEminentLaity:

Yeah, I may not be very elaborate in expressing what I mean, of course a child has the ability to think however the thoughts that could lead to depression or a false sense of self or perhaps delusions are not observed in children and yes, these can be described in terms of biological mechanisms, hormonal secretions and neurological activities but I believe they are results and not the cause itself. I am not an atheist hence I believe I am much more - a spirit if you like -. I know people get a sense of self or identity from the way they think and what they think about. So what I understood the OP was trying to say is that there is something independent thoughts. Hence, you can stop thinking. The mind is occupied by one thing at a time, and not many people occupy their minds with the present.
You're a spirit? How is that?
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
akintom:

You're a spirit? How is that?
Are you an atheist ?
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 01, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Yeah..I was reading 'the Power of Now' and it's revolutionary especially in contrast to many mind-centered "You-become-what-you-think" counterparts out there. Man, I am before I become/became my thoughts. The book is about the distinction according his experience. You should read it.

honestly I don't understand that book. it's on my handheld device right now, I read it half way and am like...
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by akintom(m): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Are you an atheist ?
yes
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:
yes

I was atheist for over 10yrs, almost 15yrs, but then I realized after meticulous research from Biogenesis, mysticism, psychology and Quantum mechanics that there is something called Consciousness, which by the way, has been proven recently in Biogenesis and Quantum mechanics. Further research prove that consciousness does not originate from the brain, the brain is a modulator. The Sub-Conscious mind is modulated on the right brain hemisphere, while the left hemisphere modulates logic, language, maths etc.

So what does all these have to do with Atheism ? Well, I realized that the left brain of Atheists are highly developed but the right brain hemisphere that controls intuition, impulses and consciousness remains under-developed or cleverly non-functional in known atheists, the rest of the so-called atheists are just mirroring the others.

I have evidences to prove that God is the core of our being. There is no Personal God, but there is source of all, and it is not out there, out there, we are it. We are God, all of us, experiencing creation, co-creating, and the creation continues, the universe is continually expanding, and we are it at our core.

If you want us to discuss on this, I could open a thread so I can have intelligent discussion with any atheists who is ready to have a sane conversation instead of trying to confuse and convince the others.

Lets not forget that Logic, which has been the tool of atheism is controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain, so without a functional right brain, atheists cant understand anything spiritual naturally. Atheists are just victims of dysfunctional right lobe of the brain.

Again, the mind is over matter, soul is over mind, so mind cant supervise soul, but soul observes the mind. So, there is no way you can use the science which is a product of the mind to study soul.

It is why I really have to educate atheists on this.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by akintom(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

I was atheist for over 10yrs, almost 15yrs, but then I realized after meticulous research from Biogenesis, mysticism, psychology and Quantum mechanics that there is something called Consciousness, which by the way, has been proven recently in Biogenesis and Quantum mechanics. Further research prove that consciousness does not originate from the brain, the brain is a modulator. The Sub-Conscious mind is modulated on the right brain hemisphere, while the consciousness mind is modulated on the left hemisphere that modulates logic, language, maths etc.

So what does all these have to do with Atheism ? Well, I realized that the left brain of Atheists are highly developed but the right brain hemisphere that controls intuition, impulses and consciousness remains under-developed or cleverly non-functional in known atheists, the rest of the so-called atheists are just mirroring the others.

I have evidences to prove that there is God at the core of our being. There is no Personal God, but there is source of all, and it is not out there, out there, we are it. We are God, all of us, experiencing creation, co-creating, and the creation continues, the universe is continually expanding, and we are it at our core.

If you want us to discuss on this, I could open a thread so I can have intelligent discussion with any atheists who is ready to have a sane conversation instead of trying to confuse and convince the others.

Lets not forget that Logic, which has been the tool of atheism is controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain, so without a functional left brain, atheists cant understand anything spiritual naturally. Atheists are just victims of dysfunctional left lobe of the brain.

Again, the mind is over matter, soul is over mind, so mind cant supervise soul, but soul observes the mind. So, there is no way you can use the science which is a product of the mind to study soul.

It is why I really have to educate atheists on this.
Hmmmmm.... You have thrown alot of issues up here. Which i must confess, are utterly conflicting and unfocused.

If you want us to make sense, your suggestion on opening a thread, which focuses on the topic of consciousness, will be okay by me.

Conditions

* Just between the two of us, there will be no response to contributions of others on the thread.

* strictly intellectual discussion. No personal attacks or ridiculous comments.

Topic suggestion:

"Debate between Billyonaire and Akintom on Consciousness"
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:

Hmmmmm.... You have thrown alot of issues up here. Which i must confess, are utterly conflicting and unfocused.

If you want us to make sense, your suggestion on opening a thread, which focuses on the topic of consciousness, will be okay by me.

Conditions

* Just between the two of us, there will be no response to contributions of others on the thread.

* strictly intellectual discussion. No personal attacks or ridiculous comments.

Topic suggestion:

"Debate between Billyonaire and Akintom on Consciousness"

While I accept there were some confusion on my earlier write-up because I was in a hurry, I have edited that post and you are free to re-read it again. I love the word 'debate' but I prefer the word 'discussion'. And I suggest even a more handsome title for the thread. It should be, "A discussion on God between an atheist and a pantheist."

1 Like

Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by akintom(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

While I accept there were some confusion on my earlier write-up because I was in a hurry, I have edited that post and you are free to re-read it again. I love the word 'debate' but I prefer the word 'discussion'. And I suggest even a more handsome title for the thread. It should be, "A discussion on God between an atheist and a pantheist."
it's ok. What will the topic of discussion be?
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
akintom:
it's ok. What will the topic of discussion be?

A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist.

1 Like

Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by akintom(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

A Discussion On God And Consciousness Between An Atheist And A Pantheist.
it's ok. Do inform me when you open the thread.
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by judian: 6:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
What is left, when you stop thinking ?
when I stopped thinking I realised that am a mind with a body not a body with a mind, I heard the sound of my heartbeat, I was present before I knew wat I started asking questions like who exactly am I, I looked at my self in the mirror and for the first time I actually didn't recognize myself.
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
judian:
when I stopped thinking I realised that am a mind with a body not a body with a mind, I heard the sound of my heartbeat, I was present before I knew wat I started asking questions like who exactly am I, I looked at my self in the mirror and for the first time I actually didn't recognize myself.
Hahahahahaha, I love the last line on your write up. Take it a nudge higher. When you dwell as mind in the body, you will be subject to emotions and thoughts flashes. Start by supervising those thoughts and listening to the chatter of the mind as Soul. But when you become the observer, it might look like you are going to loose control of your mind, but be calm. When you have mastered the act of observing the mind and the chatter, you are Soul. You are not your mind, you are more than your mind.

Let me add that when you have recognized yourself as Soul, its time to start practising living in the now and connecting Soul to body and Spirt consciously. At that point, you do not have to read to know the truth. You download data straight from Source field. You become illuminated. Nothing can hurt you in the universe. Because your ectoplasma glows across the cosmos.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by judian: 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Hahahahahaha, I love the last line on your write up. Take it a nudge higher. When you dwell as mind in the body, you will be subject to emotions and thoughts flashes. Start by supervising those thoughts and listening to the chatter of the mind as Soul. But when you become the observer, it might look like you are going to loose control of your mind, but be calm. When you have mastered the act of observing the mind and the chatter, you are Soul. You are not your mind, you are more than your mind.

Let me add that when you have recognized yourself as Soul, its time to start practising living in the now and connecting Soul to body and Spirt consciously. At that point, you do not have to read to know the truth. You download data straight from Source field. You become illuminated. Nothing can hurt you in the universe. Because your ectoplasma glows across the cosmos.
Wooow, thank you
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Deejay1000(m): 10:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Billyonaire:
What is left, when you stop thinking ?

have been following your topics for a while now and i must say, I like the way you reason "outside the box " though i might not agree with you on all your assumptions and theories am still learning from your teachings and the way you see life.
well sir i tried to stop thinking and concentrate, and connect with the inner me but it wasn't possible cos of the noise in my environment and other hindrances... just wanna ask what do i stand to achieve when i connect with the inner me and how do i succed in doing it.....
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 02, 2017
Deejay1000:

have been following your topics for a while now and i must say, I like the way you reason "outside the box " though i might not agree with you on all your assumptions and theories am still learning from your teachings and the way you see life.
well sir i tried to stop thinking and concentrate, and connect with the inner me but it wasn't possible cos of the noise in my environment and other hindrances... just wanna ask what do i stand to achieve when i connect with the inner me and how do i succed in doing it.....

A lot, in fact everything. When you connect body, soul and spirit, you get direct inspiration and instincts from source field, outside of the hologram and within the hologram. Imagine being a walking possibility where ever you go, and be totally fortified from all negativities. It is not a walk in the park, some people use drugs to connect, but it is best to do is manually as a person and your world will totally change. You will find true happiness as long as you balance material and spiritual quest, you will not be bumped into obstacles by nature to remind you of your soul mission. I advise anyone who is on the quest for success to first of all, study about nature through his body. You dont really need some holy scriptures or candles or incense etc, because you become fully Godman in existence - Human Being.

1 Like

Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Deejay1000(m): 11:02am On Mar 02, 2017
Billyonaire:

A lot, in fact everything. When you connect body, soul and spirit, you get direct inspiration and instincts from source field, outside of the hologram and within the hologram. Imagine being a walking possibility where ever you and the totally fortified from all negativities. It is not a walk in the park, some people use drugs to connect, but it is best to do is manually as a person and your world will totally change. You will find true happiness as long as you balance material and spiritual quest, you will not be bumped into obstacles by nature to remind you of your soul mission. I advise anyone who is on the quest for success to first of all, study about nature through his body. You dont really need some holy scriptures or candles or incense etc, because you become fully Godman in existence - Human Being.

will really like to try it out.... have you done it before?? and how long does it takes to connect the three together
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by dryakson(m): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
coollabman:

honestly I don't understand that book. it's on my handheld device right now, I read it half way and am like...
pls forward the book for me.
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
dryakson:
pls forward the book for me. Thanks Musa.yakubu61@yahoo.com
ok! check your mail
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by dryakson(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
coollabman:

ok! check your mail
thanks
Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
I am juggling through 5 books from 5 discplines at the moment, as soon as I exhaust any of the books I will read Eckhart's work. He is a phenomenal vessel.

1 Like

Re: What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? by Immorttal: 6:38am On Mar 06, 2017
onyenze123:

how do I start this journey of life?
lol, you have already started it na. Just use your rationality, don't subscribe to religion, always think beyond, search yourself and find out reason you are here and lastly Know Your Time Here, NOW

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' / 5 Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas And Why / This Is The Reason Why Gospel Artiste - Sinach Is So Big

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.