Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship (9669 Views)

Army Team Loses Football Match In Kaduna As Violence Breaks Out. Photos / Attend The Georgia International Pro And Amateur Boxing Championship, Atlant, GA / Nigerian Army Wins National Kick Boxing Championship (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by londonrivals: 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
The resolve of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai to re-establish the Nigerian Army as a power house of Nigerian Sports is surely on course as the Nigerian Army Boxing Team on Saturday 25th February 2017, emerged winners of the 2017 National Open Boxing Championships. The 6-day championship took place at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos State.

In all, boxing teams from 20 States of the Federation, Armed Forces of Nigeria, Nigeria Police Force, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and 9 boxing clubs including Kanu Nwankwo, Alafin, Golden Gloves, WWBA, Abbey International, Oba Adeyemi and Bukar Tiger, participated in the event. The championship also featured 10 weight categories for male and 3 weight categories for female boxers On the whole, 209 male boxers and 42 female boxers competed for honours during the champion. In the order of merit, Nigerian Army team came First with 4 Gold, 1 Silver and 5 Bronze Medals.

Lagos State came 2nd with 3 Gold, 6 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals. Nigeria Police Force came 3rd with 1 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze Medals. Ogun State came 4th with 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals. You will recall that just twos weeks ago, the Nigerian Army Marathon Team had a fantastic outing at the 2nd Lagos City Marathon. With this development, the Nigerian Army team will be among the teams to represent Nigeria at the 2017 Commonwealth Youth Games in June, and also at the World Championships in August, 2017.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/photos-army-team-wins-national-boxing.html

3 Likes

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by brunofarad(m): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Abeg

Who wan win am before ?

You wan go fight soldier Abi grin

Meanwhile
If you are Building in Nigeria,
✔Check my profile ,and be glad you did

10 Likes

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by lampard01(m): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
[[/s]Who won come win am again. [s]
The guy above me beat me to it^

Abeg who BUHARI Don call again Jor ?
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
APC continue your good works of training our soldiers further. PDP go and die.

IpobExposed

14 Likes

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by hakeem4(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
Who wan win before ?

8 Likes

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by ednut1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
with all the suffering wey dey Nigeria pple still dey box.
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
Again
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by juman(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
Army that trains military generals that are not nationalist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by mikecino(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
Why

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Dubembiafra: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
That's good

1 Like

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by MyLane: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kudos to TEAM NIGERIAN ARMY. Go conquer the Commonwealth nations and bring back the trophy home.

1 Like

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Richie0974: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
If they had not won with all the assaults on civilians, it would have been a shame on them.

2 Likes

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by olaolulazio(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
Anyone banning me should be careful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by rusher14: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Keep doing it boys.

One day a world champion would come out of you guys.

Keep keeping on.
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by brightworld2(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
+4458397038485. This is the telephone number of the London doctor treating President Buhari. I have been calling him since yesterday but he is not picking my call.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
Lol, it's good
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by okekekelechib(m): 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
wia Nigeria Army wen DT Kenya guy win Lagos marathon. good one for..
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
I remember one time in Kaduna one soldier stepped into the ring with this guy and the guy KOed the soldier guy. clocked his lights out grin
Then his fellow soldiers stormed the ring wanting to deal with the victor. O boy na so people gather and stopped the soldier guys. Apparently our uniformed men have no sense of sportsmanship I wont be surprised if they threatened their opponents

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Lordspicy(m): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
Babzilla:
I remember one time in Kaduna one soldier stepped into the ring with this guy and the guy KOed the soldier guy. clocked his lights out grin
Then his fellow soldiers stormed the ring wanting to deal with the victor. O boy na so people gather and stopped the soldier guys. Apparently our uniformed men have no sense of sportsmanship I wont be surprised if they threatened their opponents

i swear
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by texazzpete(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Those gloves sha...not nearly padded enough.
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2017
That's so very good!
Beer for everyone!!!!!?
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Ruhamah23(m): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
brightworld2:
+4458397038485. This is the telephone number of the London doctor treating President Buhari. I have been calling him since yesterday but he is not picking my call.

Really
I for call the doctor but I no get airtime

1 Like

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by naptu2: 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
They'be fixed the Ayonote gym cheesy
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by IbBarham(m): 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
It will be a shame on them if they don't win
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by badtlimo(m): 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
lampard01:
[[/s]Who won come win am again. [s]
The guy above me beat me to it^

Abeg who BUHARI Don call again Jor ?
buhari call me say make i call am back him no get airtime

4 Likes

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by DollarAngel(m): 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
Good to know our Army are channeling their power to the Right place and not on harmless. Innocent weak civilians

1 Like

Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by brightworld2(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ruhamah23:

Really I for call the doctor but I no get airtime
dial *606# to borrow..
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Bluezy13(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
badtlimo:
buhari call me say make i call am back him no get airtime

Hehehe...
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Soljaboi44(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
Army boys do it better
Re: Army Team Wins National Boxing Championship by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
texazzpete:
Those gloves sha...not nearly padded enough.
.Those are the wrappings

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) / Uk Pool Week 19 Live Draws. / Kingspredict.com ROCKS - Best Free Football Prediction Website 2018 Discovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.