Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,106 members, 7,807,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted (12703 Views)

Cameroonian Woman Who Was Abducted In Nigeria 28-years Ago Reunites With Father / Kidnappers Release Americans And Canadians In Kaduna / Kidnappers Release Victims, Abduct Those Who Came To Drop Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3644970/german-professor-aide-kidnapped-kaduna
The two Germans kidnapped in Southern Kaduna State have been released. They were released Saturday night.

A German archaeologist, Peter Breunig, and his colleague, Johannes Buringer, were released by their abductors, police sources told PREMIUM TIMES.

“Yes, they were released last night (Saturday) by their kidnappers. No ransom was paid,” a senior police officer said in Kaduna on condition of anonymity.

“We are expecting an official statement from Force Headquarters , Abuja with details of their release.

Officials at the police headquarters in Abuja also confirmed the release, saying investigations are ongoing to arrest the kidnappers.

“Investigations are very much on, and we believe we will get them (the kidnappers),” a senior officer knowledgeable about the investigations said in Abuja.

The Germans were kidnapped on Wednesday in Jenjela village, Kagarko emirate of Kagargo Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Two local hunters who tried to prevent their kidnap were killed in the process.

The kidnappers later demanded N60 million as ransom, while the police deployed special forces and aerial surveillance to secure their release.The two Germans who were recently kidnapped in kaduna State have regained their freedom.

A reliable police source told Channels Television that the victims, Professor Peter Breunia and Johannes Behirnger, were released unhurt late on Saturday by their abductors.

They were released in Katari village, along the Kaduna – Abuja expressway, after intense pressure and surveillance around the forest by a combing team of Intelligence Response Team, Police Mobile Force and personnel of the state Anti-Kidnapping Unit.

The source however did not reveal whether any ransom was paid but confirmed that the victims have been re-united with officials of the German embassy in Abuja.

The two Germans were kidnapped on the February 22, in a Kaduna deep forest where they were said to have gone for archaeological work to discover an ancient town that is not existing now in the forest.The two Germans who were recently kidnapped in kaduna State have regained their freedom.

A reliable police source told Channels Television that the victims, Professor Peter Breunia and Johannes Behirnger, were released unhurt late on Saturday by their abductors.

They were released in Katari village, along the Kaduna – Abuja expressway, after intense pressure and surveillance around the forest by a combing team of Intelligence Response Team, Police Mobile Force and personnel of the state Anti-Kidnapping Unit.

The source however did not reveal whether any ransom was paid but confirmed that the victims have been re-united with officials of the German embassy in Abuja.

The two Germans were kidnapped on the February 22, in a Kaduna deep forest where they were said to have gone for archaeological work to discover an ancient town that is not existing now in the forest.

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo was later briefed by the Inspector General of Police on the kidnap.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/02/26/kidnappers-release-2-germans-abducted/
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by FearFactor1: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hmmm

So am ftc

I just want dedicate this to my nu gf... Lala love is a beautiful thing....

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by yeyeboi(m): 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by marshalcarter: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by adadike281(f): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sometimes, d way Nigeria police dey take discharge their duty diligently, u no go believe say na dem. Good job NPF, keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by jahsharon: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
Can we all try and remember just one kidnap case that was resolved in just about three days during Jonathan's regime? I am doing a research on that. I remember Chimamanda Ngozi's father was kidnapped, Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla's father or mother or both were kidnapped, Mikel Obis's father too was kidnapped. How long did it take to get them released?

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by berrystunn(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
Apc hand work...
Working scam

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by Richie0974: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
“Yes, they were released last night (Saturday) by their kidnappers. No ransom was paid,” a senior police officer said in Kaduna on condition of anonymity.

They should keep deceiving themselves.

18 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by ipobarecriminals: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
sad Nah lie,nah inspector general of police special police free them
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by uncleabbey(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thank God. Southern Kaduna is now noted for bad things thanks to the Accidental Civil servant.

Btw: how much was paid to the kidnappers

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
Were dey kidnapped by the herdsmen or the people being terrorized by the herdsmen
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by seunlayi(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
The inefficiency of our police is making kidnapping business to boom. I wonder how they will be able to spend their money from kidnapping under an effective security system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
grin grin grin grin

No ransom was paid...

In every case that the Nigerian Police was involved in...

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by NNVanguard(m): 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
It unfortunate that our NPF shows more expertise in high profile cases of the rich unlike when a poor man is been kidnapped.

This spells doom for our nationhood as all citizens are not given equal treatments.
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
jahsharon:
Can we all try and remember just one kidnap case that was resolved in just about three days during Jonathan's regime? I am doing a research on that. I remember Chimamanda Ngozi's father was kidnapped, Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla's father or mother or both were kidnapped, Mikel Obis's father too was kidnapped. How long did it take to get them released?

You are a FOOL

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by BrutalJab: 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
jahsharon:
Must you minions involve GEJ in ur daily banters?

He is and will always be better than ur vegetable lying sick and ruling the country from London.

13 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by berrystunn(m): 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
jahsharon:

Kidnapp pass Kidnapp...
Not with learner's.... Some don't have car or place to keep there client...

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by datola: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
We thank God.
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by jojo1415: 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
Eye service government!!!

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by mmsen: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
jahsharon:

El-Rufai is happy to pay criminals as we've seen in the case of the Fulani herdsmen who go on killing sprees and are rewarded for their misdeeds.

Why are you blaming GEJ and not the various governors who refused to make their states safe? Why are you pretending that kidnapping only became a problem under GEJ's tenure when it has been a problem in Lagos under Buhari and was an issue under Yar'adua and OBJ.

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by jossy4joseph(m): 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
No ransom was paid? i nor believe that one
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by Olasco93: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
I always fall in love with good news like this.
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by ashawopikin(m): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
Richie0974:
[b][/b]

They should keep deceiving themselves.
no mind them na so dem go dey lie,dem don pay d ransome
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by okedoyinolabisi(f): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ope ooo,those folks won't forget the experience in a jiffy
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by ashawopikin(m): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
jojo1415:
Eye service government!!!
cai c fine pikin shocked
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by nabegibeg: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
na so dem dey talk
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by nabegibeg: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
wetin dem wan talk before grin
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by AdonaiRoofing(m): 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
How much ransom was paid?

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc
Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by ednut1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
My face anytime i hear no ransom was paid

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by Ezedon(m): 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
The Northerners are the problems we r havin in this country

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Release 2 Germans Abducted by GodsOwnFav(m): 8:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Oyinbo and discovery, wetin carry them enter deep forest in d first place? And e come be Kaduna wey Herdsmen nor dey sleep. Even if they were able to discover the so called 'Ancient city', how e wan take bring us out of recession? Them luck sha, don't think the risk if worth it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

'100 gunmen’ attack Zamfara community; kill policeman, others / Yahoo: 41 Suspected Internet Fraudsters Arrested In Delta / Umar Ibrahim Accused Of Raping, Impregnating, Infecting Girl With HIV In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.