Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria (80924 Views)

iOS is rigid which android device is better more / Android TV Box (watch IPTV And Dstv Free). Mobile And TV Set / Super Neat Iphone 6 (16gb)wifi Only Or For Use As Ipod,45k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Ativ: 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
CavendishPlex:
I finally picked up my Android TV box today from the post office exactly 15 days after placing the order. I monitored the shipment so diligently on the AliExpress app as well as using the recommended 17track app (this is actually better). As soon as the 17track app showed it was now in the domain of NGLOS and NGSHOM (Shomolu post office), I had to pay them a visit.

For those who wait longer for their items, I reckon it's because they wait endlessly for the post office staff either send them an arrival slip or send them an SMS. Well, I need not tell you what to expect from our government workers under such circumstances.

Good enough I had watched so many YouTube videos about several Android TV boxes, setting mine up was a breeze. I got the Beelink MXIII - II box with 2GB/16GB RAM & NAND respectively. It runs the Android 6.0 OS. For easy operation, I also got the i8 mini wireless keyboard.

T'is time to rock this device.
This is great.

We will be expecting detailed reviews from you with regards to ease of use, interface , speed, kodi addons, updating, side-loading apps etc.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by teebell90: 8:45am On Mar 17, 2017
Great one @cavendish You can drop the seller's ID so that people can patronize him or her. Looking forward to a detailed review.

CavendishPlex:
I finally picked up my Android TV box today from the post office exactly 15 days after placing the order. I monitored the shipment so diligently on the AliExpress app as well as using the recommended 17track app (this is actually better). As soon as the 17track app showed it was now in the domain of NGLOS and NGSHOM (Shomolu post office), I had to pay them a visit.

For those who wait longer for their items, I reckon it's because they wait endlessly for the post office staff either send them an arrival slip or send them an SMS. Well, I need not tell you what to expect from our government workers under such circumstances.

Good enough I had watched so many YouTube videos about several Android TV boxes, setting mine up was a breeze. I got the Beelink Mini MXIII box with 2GB/16GB RAM & NAND respectively. It runs the Android 6.0 OS. For easy operation, I also got the i8 mini wireless keyboard.

T'is time to rock this device.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2017
teebell90:
Great one @cavendish You can drop the seller's ID so that people can patronize him or her. Looking forward to a detailed review.

Sure, I'll give a review as soon as possible.

The seller's store is AmberYI's CE Top Store: https://m.aliexpress.com/store/storeHome.htm?sellerAdminSeq=227631796#/
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by BlueRayDick: 7:29am On Mar 19, 2017
Good morning guys, please how much can I get iphone6 on alieexpress
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hi guys, I've not had the time to properly do a review of the Beelink Mini MXIII Android TV box. I thought if I posted a YouTube video that informed my decision to finally settle for this particular box would be a better idea.

Honestly, I ask myself why I haven't gotten this box long before now instead of just dashing DSTV some free money. With various apps like Terrarium, Movie box HD, ShowBox, UKTvNow, Live NetTV, Solid Streamz, Time TellerTV, Kodi, the possibilities to access to live TV and most up-to-date movies are simply endless.

Meanwhile, there are better boxes with more powerful specs out there and this one for me was just a test. I seem satisfied with this trial and would be going for a higher version soon.

The YouTube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd1GI64KYvs

5 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by BlueRayDick: 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
BlueRayDick:
Good morning guys, please how much can I get iphone6 on alieexpress
Hello guys, please am new to dis how much is d iPhone, 6 Tru aliexpress
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
BlueRayDick:

U may end up buying fake iPhone from aliexpress. Check Amazon

3 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
hey guys i just bought my android tv box from jumia and wanted to find out about the best add ons

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
modash:
hey guys i just bought my android tv box from jumia and wanted to find out about the best add ons
For sports?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
iliyande:

For sports?
yes sir and movies also
the box came pre installed with genesis which isnt working
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
modash:

yes sir and movies also
the box came pre installed with genesis which isnt working

What is the version of the the kodi?
What are the the pre installed addons?
The box type?

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
iliyande:

What is the version of the the kodi?
What are the the pre installed addons?
The box type?

mxIII is the box
how do i find out the version??
i will have to get back to you on the installed addons
do i need to install a VPN?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
i was wondering if i could just clear the box and install the addons afresh
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
modash:

mxIII is the box
how do i find out the version??
i will have to get back to you on the installed addons
do i need to install a VPN?

This is Nigeria, no need for VPN but if you so wish.
If you want your box to perform well, just reinstall the kodi.
But don't install version 17
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
OK so you suggest I just delete it and install it again
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 4:19am On Mar 20, 2017
modash:
OK so you suggest I just delete it and install it again

Yea
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by BlueRayDick: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2017
iliyande:

U may end up buying fake iPhone from aliexpress. Check Amazon

Thank u bro

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lacomb(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2017
CavendishPlex:
Hi guys, I've not had the time to properly do a review of the Beelink Mini MXIII Android TV box. I thought if I posted a YouTube video that informed my decision to finally settle for this particular box would be a better idea.

Honestly, I ask myself why I haven't gotten this box long before now instead of just dashing DSTV some free money. With various apps like Terrarium, Movie box HD, ShowBox, UKTvNow, Live NetTV, Solid Streamz, Time TellerTV, Kodi, the possibilities to access to live TV and most up-to-date movies are simply endless.

Meanwhile, there are better boxes with more powerful specs out there and this one for me was just a test. I seem satisfied with this trial and would be going for a higher version soon.

The YouTube link:

Good day @CavendishPlex, please how did you pay for for the items on Aliexpress? i tried buying it from same seller using gtb master card, but after 24hrs the order status changed to CLOSED, is there anything i can do?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2017
Lacomb:

Good day @CavendishPlex, please how did you pay for for the items on Aliexpress? i tried buying it from same seller using gtb master card, but after 24hrs the order status changed to CLOSED, is there anything i can do?

You need to appeal and go to your bank and fill chargeback form. The refund may take long time. 3-4 months.

Contact your bank on twitter to know why it happened. It might be that you didn't activate ipin.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by hoodboy(m): 11:24am On Mar 21, 2017
CavendishPlex:

The YouTube link:.

What data plan do you use and how long does it last
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lacomb(m): 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
iliyande:

You need to appeal and go to your bank and fill chargeback form. The refund may take long time. 3-4 months.

Contact your bank on twitter to know why it happened. It might be that you didn't activate ipin.

Activate ipin? i had used the card previously to pay online purchase without issues.

whats this ipin please?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lacomb:

Activate ipin? i had used the card previously to pay online purchase without issues.

whats this ipin please?

I don't know that of gtb but in Access Bank u need to activate ipin and otp pin for u to be able to use it for international transactions.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ameh99: 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Brand names phones on Aliexpress are mostly refurbish.....you might end up buying badly refurbish phone
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by BlueRayDick: 1:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
ameh99:

Brand names phones on Aliexpress are mostly refurbish.....you might end up buying badly refurbish phone

Thank you for the heads up....I have since had a rethink. What do u suggest I do instead, should I buy from sellers here in Nigeria who add their profit margin after importing at an affordable price or can u suggest a site I can buy one myself and have it shipped down here?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lacomb(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
ameh99:

thank you, how do i go about the appeal please? and what effect will that have in the bank refunding me?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Dam5reey(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lacomb:

thank you, how do i go about the appeal please? and what effect will that have in the bank refunding me?

Visit https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lacomb:

Hi Lacomb, I'll be surprised if it's your GT Naira mastercard you used for that transaction cos mine never works for international transactions, no thanks to CBN. If it was your dollar card, please visit your bank ASAP.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
hoodboy:

What data plan do you use and how long does it last

Hi Hoodboy, I use a fibre optic Internet service which gives me UNLIMITED internet access all for N10,500 per month.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Hi Hoodboy, I use a fibre optic Internet service which gives me UNLIMITED internet access all for N10,500 per month.
Which ISP please??
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:44am On Mar 22, 2017
modash:

Which ISP please??

It's called KKONTECH and they service areas like Gbagada, Surulere, Ketu & others. You can Google them for more info.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by hoodboy(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Wow that's awesome
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
J
hoodboy:

Wow that's awesome

You can say that again! It's movie streaming until I can do no more grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Amazing Deals on Smartphones, Laptops & Consoles From Offerup USA!!! / Very Clean Uk Used Laptops At Whole Sales Price from 19k / FREE IMPORTATION OF TABLETS•SMARTPHONES•MED/EDU EQUIPMENTS FROM CHINA~NO CHARGES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.