Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday (16595 Views)

Amina Mohammed Watch Keenly As Buhari Delivers His Speech At UN General Assembly / President Buhari Officially Resumes Work As He Writes To National Assembly (Pics / Photos Of President Buhari As He Resumes Work Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by olokeded: 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
The immediate past Minister of Environment, Ms Amina Mohammed, will be sworn-in on Tuesday as the United Nations Deputy Secretary-General at the UN Headquarters in New York.

Mohammed, who was appointed by the UN Secretary-General, António Guterres, on December 15, 2016 as his deputy, was initially expected to assume office on January 1.

She, however, delayed the assumption of her new role at the request of President Muhammadu Buhari to complete some ongoing responsibilities she was handling at that time.

Guterres, while announcing the appointment of Mohammed alongside two other women, described them as “highly competent.”

“I am happy to count on the efforts of these three highly competent women, whom I have chosen for their strong backgrounds in global affairs, development, diplomacy, human rights and humanitarian action.

“These appointments are the foundations of my team, which I will continue to build, respecting my pledges on gender parity and geographical diversity,” Guterres had said.

The office of the UN Deputy Secretary-General was formally established by the General Assembly in 1997 to handle many of the administrative responsibilities of the Secretary-General.

As the fifth Deputy Secretary-General, Mohammed will help to manage the UN Secretariat operations, and “ensuring inter-sectoral and inter-institutional coherence of activities and programmes.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/amina-mohammed-resumes-work-at-un.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by madridguy(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
Wabilahi Taofeeq.

16 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Enyeem(m): 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
Congratulations, mama Taraba

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by ShaqFu: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
Funny how they do well abroad but fail totally here in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by teebillz: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
nice one
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by AdonaiRoofing(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Congrats ma keep the Nigerian fire burning there

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by odiereke(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Welcome On Board Madam.
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by RichFoundation(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Keep shining. Shame on all those Northerners who still believe that women belong to the other room.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Northern getting a good position , is it buhari?
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Raymondreigns(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
did not read it tho..who finish make e summarize m 4 me...
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by rawpadgin(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
beauty & brain
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by ajuwarhodes(f): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
We don hear
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by kingfriday(m): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
So happy for you Ma! Congratulations!!! By the Special Grace of God, I look forward to working with you asap.
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Flexherbal(m): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
Congratulations to her!
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by zaydocheme: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
This woman is by all merit, a cynosure. Either my wife or daughter is going to be like this, In shaa Allah.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by jbcul4ril(m): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
ShaqFu:
When you say they..... who are you talking about?
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by oel12(f): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
she was one of the good heads in this administration.
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Aproxy: 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Oga Juu

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by GuDErboY(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Gombe woman!!!! Nice!
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by jbcul4ril(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Working in Nigeria is always difficult because of Corruption. Nothing works with due process here. If you try to fix it they will frustrate you

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by ephi123(f): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Education should not be for the select few but for all Northerners from top to bottom.

Every child begging on the street has his/her own potential, don't sentence them to a life of begging due to illiteracy.
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Lemiday(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
angry
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Onyeoguego: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
hahahahaha

she ran away!!!!

because she knows,with APC she can't change anything.

#i laugh in Japanese!!huhuhuhu eh

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by smark61: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
ShaqFu:

As in ehn....they know over there they can't do anything corrupt else they go down for it...but here it's a free for all corruption
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by rectitude(m): 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by opara28(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
woowu!
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by rattlesnake(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Meanwhile some NFA comes on NL to read about Giffy and Mayonise of BBN

smh

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by Aristotle96(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
ShaqFu:
shey na Abroad you call am?

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by chiedu7: 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Obama put her there to protest muslim interests
Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by ademusiwa2r: 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2017

Re: Amina Mohammed Resumes Work At UN Tuesday by cornix14(m): 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=Enyeem post=54112043]Congratulations, mama Taraba [/quote She is not MAMA TARABA.It is the minister of women affairs that is MAMA TARABA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Went For Medical Check-up, I Am Alright – Buhari / Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll / Zulum: Change Your Tactics, Attack Boko Haram In Hideouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.