Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd (5052 Views)

Please I'm Hnd Graduate And I Have Done My Nysc, So I Want To Start Ican. Please / Can HND Holder In Business Admin/management With Upper Credit Gain MSC Direct / What Best Option For HND Graduate? 100,200 Or 300 Level In D University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd by wisemaster(m): 4:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
How feasible is it for an HND Graduate who has a PGD, and Masters in relevant field to pursue a PhD program.

Have ever you seen any HND graduate rise up to become an academic Dr (PhD)?

Please comment only if you have experience or knowledgeable about the subject matter.

Thanks
Re: Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd by jasper83: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
Well to the best of my knowledge having a Phd or going for a doctorate has nothing to do with HND. The main prerequisite is a masters with a particular "grade". Emphasis on a particular masters grade because not all masters grade can do a Phd.

I have seen many take that route especially in FUTA, and one in particular was an associate professor around 2005/2006 before i left that area. So the sky is your starting point.
Re: Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd by GNwafor(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2017
Yes.

My brother had HND Electronics Engineering from IMT Enugu, did PGD, MSc and PhD in Electronics Engineering at UniZik Awka. He got his PhD in 2013.

We must begin to understand that is what you bring to the table, what value you add that matters. This BSc and HND issue is long becoming self limiting to most Nigerians.

Because Nigerians are myopic, I will refer you to my comments on a question that appeared on this Nairaland on "What is the equivalent of HND in the USA".
https://www.nairaland.com/370346/what-hnd-equivalent-usa

Most Nigerians don't know that a HND is equivalent to a USA Bachelors degree. Read the post and you will see the illiteracy level of Nigerians and Nigerian Government.

With HND especially in Engineering, you are better of than a University graduate when compared to technical and applied knowledge. The USA education system acknowledges far more and better than illiterate Nigerian Government.

With a HND in Engineering, you have 98% more chance of getting admission into Masters degree in USA than a Nigerian BSc degree graduate. This is not a fallacy, but the truth.

So it is possible to get admission into PhD with HND, PGD & MSc in Nigerian, and far more possible and better to do MSc in the USA with just your HND and then progress to PhD.

4 Likes

Re: Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd by afolabi4life(m): 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Yes my bother. A lot of Nigerians are myopic when it comes to polytechnic Education. As a polytechnic graduate, you are more sound technically (and sometimes practally) than your university counterparts.
N/B TO BE VERY SOUND PRACTICALLY, YOU NEED LONG TERM INTERNSHIPS IN ORGANIZATIONS OR WITH ROAD SIDE MEXHANICS FOR ENGINEERING STUDENTS.

I have an ND and HND in Computer Engineering Rufus Polytechnic Owo, Ondo State.
A PGD Computer Engineering Covenant University,
And an M.Eng(in view) Computer Hardware Engineering University of Uyo AKS
I hope to Immediately Start my PhD in Computer Engineering by 2022.

Cheers. The sky is your starting point
Re: Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd by emekatex: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
Yes, absolutely. I have HND abia state poly ( Public Admin), did my PGDE IMO state university, M.ED IMO state university (Edu Management and Planning) and about to do my PhD IMO state university (Edu Management and planning).
Re: Can HND Graduate With Masters Enroll For Phd by emmajames02: 8:29am On Mar 29
Wondering if HND graduates can pursue a Ph.D.? Absolutely! Many universities accept HND holders for Ph.D. programs, provided they meet the entry requirements. And if you're concerned about assignment quality, consider the Assignment Desk. We offer HND assignment help with plagiarism-free content and grammar checking tools. Get top-notch assistance tailored to your academic needs. Reach your goals with confidence. Trust Assignment Desk for reliable support.

(1) (Reply)

Plant Design Management System (p.d.m.s) Software / Physicists Students & Graduates...discussion Thread / What Is The Work Of A Water Treatment Operator In A Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.